Hacking R4 confusion

efiste2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have only ever used R4 or R4 SDHC cards and found the latter to be 100% in my NDSL machines, but after not buying any for a while i ordered what i thought was the usual R4 SDHC card (left hand in pic) from a different supplier and an R4SDHC UPGRADE card (right hand in pic)arrived. Anyways i have had allsorts of trouble getting roms and the right kernal to work with the upgrade card, one such problem was that the 99% of the files on the SDHC mem card were wiped!!!.
r4card.jpg

So my question is ................has my fave R4 SDHC card (left hand in pic) been been superseeded by the RED BOX R4 SDHC card, so i can use the red box one with confidence , or is that another brand altogether, and if so can anyone direct me to a seller in the UK where i can purchase an R4 sdhc card as shown on the LH side of the pic!!!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy anything that says R4! This is just one of the many reasons why. Get an Acekard. It's like $13 on DealExtreme, won't cause this sort of confusion, and is better than every card that says "R4" on it.

PS: To get the R4 SDHC Upgrade to work, go to www.r4i-sdhc.com and download kernel 1.11b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.