R4 confusion

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by efiste2, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009

R4 confusion by efiste2 at 12:11 AM (668 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. efiste2
    OP

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    I have only ever used R4 or R4 SDHC cards and found the latter to be 100% in my NDSL machines, but after not buying any for a while i ordered what i thought was the usual R4 SDHC card (left hand in pic) from a different supplier and an R4SDHC UPGRADE card (right hand in pic)arrived. Anyways i have had allsorts of trouble getting roms and the right kernal to work with the upgrade card, one such problem was that the 99% of the files on the SDHC mem card were wiped!!!.
    [​IMG]
    So my question is ................has my fave R4 SDHC card (left hand in pic) been been superseeded by the RED BOX R4 SDHC card, so i can use the red box one with confidence , or is that another brand altogether, and if so can anyone direct me to a seller in the UK where i can purchase an R4 sdhc card as shown on the LH side of the pic!!!

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Don't buy anything that says R4! This is just one of the many reasons why. Get an Acekard. It's like $13 on DealExtreme, won't cause this sort of confusion, and is better than every card that says "R4" on it.

PS: To get the R4 SDHC Upgrade to work, go to www.r4i-sdhc.com and download kernel 1.11b.