Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't completely tested it out, but caught a couple of things. Games 1209 and 1210 don't seem to have any game info. It asked me to input the info for it. I didn't test every single game so I don't know which others are lacking the game info (I only have USA released games). It didn't bother me or anything, but I thought you would want to know.

Also for ComicBookDS (think since version 3.0?), the CBDS folder has to be installed to the root of the SD card, otherwise it'll say something about not being able to find the theme for it and not run.

Thanks again, great app.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't completely tested it out, but caught a couple of things. Games 1209 and 1210 don't seem to have any game info. It asked me to input the info for it. I didn't test every single game so I don't know which others are lacking the game info (I only have USA released games). It didn't bother me or anything, but I thought you would want to know.

Also for ComicBookDS (think since version 3.0?), the CBDS folder has to be installed to the root of the SD card, otherwise it'll say something about not being able to find the theme for it and not run.

Thanks again, great app.

Those two games were nuked at some point so it's possible that the ones I used were the nuked versions even though they were labelled the Sir VG release. Can you email me the NDSRELS.INI file from the DATA folder in your R4 Commander folder? I can add the details to the release list then.

I'll fix that ComicBookDS problem as soon as I get a chance. Cheers for the heads up.

synt4x_3rr0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a great program. Too bad(?) i don't have Windows. A linux port would be nice
smile.gif

It is working in cedega though, but only partly. Like the skinning feature.
I go to the skins folder, then i press the different skin buttons for skin 1, skin 2 and so on. But it just says "File not found"
frown.gif

But on the right side of that window it does show a preview of the skin when i select the skin, so im not sure why it wont find anything on the left side of the window.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a great program. Too bad(?) i don't have Windows. A linux port would be nice
smile.gif

It is working in cedega though, but only partly. Like the skinning feature.
I go to the skins folder, then i press the different skin buttons for skin 1, skin 2 and so on. But it just says "File not found"
frown.gif

But on the right side of that window it does show a preview of the skin when i select the skin, so im not sure why it wont find anything on the left side of the window.

I can't help with Linux I'm afraid mate. I've only got XP. I was going to install Ubuntu early and give Lazarus a try but I've got an 802.11g card and can't find any linux drivers for it.
frown.gif

On a different note altogether I'm going to be ordering a 3-in-1 this weekend so I'm gonna add GBA game support into R4 Commander V3.0. I've been working on it the last couple of days. I've moved away from Build lists and the program now works live on the card. Would people prefer it if I left it as a build list?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!
biggrin.gif
And keep the suggestions coming, the way I see it is it's the only way to improve my programming skills!
wink.gif

Oh yeah, in case anyone is interested I'm working on EZ-Trim 2.0 at the mo. At the moment it just trims and renames plain .NDS files. The good news is that if you choose to permanently trim the file it's ligtning fast. I trimmed and renamed 250 files totalling 4 gig in 5 seconds!

Oh yeah, and it does auto-wifi detect!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Added Firmware 1.12 EZ-Pack to the blog.

2.05a released. See blog for downloads.

- Fixed a bug in the Game Library rename routine.
- MicroSD Browser window now shows game names instead of file names again.
- Fixed a bug in the MicroSD browser where it would stay disabled if it you changed MicroSD drives.
- Sped up the unpacking process slightly.

dannywill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

First thing - Well done on R4 commander, looks like you thought of it all.

Problem is, I can't get it to work.

It dosn't seem to rename files properly. .nds files arn't renamed at all and .zip files are renamed but not to the template set out in options, just renamed to GAMENAME.zip along with .nds files inside.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Ideally I would like to be able to rename my .nds files to the template set out in options - is this possible?

I also have a suggestion - at present there dosn't seem to be anyway to copy the system files over to the SD card from R4 commander. How about a SYSTEM folder where all files are kept ready to be transferred along with roms?

Also - when the build is copied over to the card all roms arew put into a ROMS folder, can this be changed so they go into the root?

Thanks,
Dan.
wink.gif

eelhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave...

First... Well done on a great little program!

Any plans to support the M3 DS Real or the G6 DS Real? I'll be migrating from the R4DS to the M3 DS Real shortly for better download+play.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there!
You have created a great app, and I really would like to use it. But next to a few minor wishes, I have a major problem and I hope that you can help.
As the temporary directory the system partition (C:) is used, or more exactly the Windows user-profiles-temp-folder. My problem is that I don't have enough space left there to let your app unpack all the files in my list (even if I do it one by one, the largest ones are just too big).
Would it be possible to choose the temp path manually? You don't need to add a new option section only for me, a option line in the ini file would be sufficient with a small note in the read-me file.

Regarding the minor wishes:
1. the renaming options I set are only working when I restart the app.
2. it would be nice to have the app remember the windows postions and sizes.
3. the possibiliy to re-arrange the colums in the game library would also be helpful.

(Not sure if delphi supports wish 2 + 3 at all!?)

More feedback (means more work for you
tongue.gif
) will come when I actually can use the program
smile.gif

greetings, Marla

gORGUTS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed R4 Commander 2.05a on XP sp2. Everything works for me except when I remove a ROM and tell it to remove from the hd as well, it does not. I manually have to delete the ROM. Is anyone else having this issue!

I love the app though. Thanks!

gORGUTS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it works if it is a compressed file but not if it is a .nds file. Just noticed. Sorry for not having all the facts straight.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

First thing - Well done on R4 commander, looks like you thought of it all.

Problem is, I can't get it to work.

It dosn't seem to rename files properly. .nds files arn't renamed at all and .zip files are renamed but not to the template set out in options, just renamed to GAMENAME.zip along with .nds files inside.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Ideally I would like to be able to rename my .nds files to the template set out in options - is this possible?

I also have a suggestion - at present there dosn't seem to be anyway to copy the system files over to the SD card from R4 commander. How about a SYSTEM folder where all files are kept ready to be transferred along with roms?

Also - when the build is copied over to the card all roms arew put into a ROMS folder, can this be changed so they go into the root?

Thanks,
Dan.
wink.gif

A few people have had problems with the renaming scheme and I can't seem to track it down. I haven't had alot of time to work on anything of late but I'll try and look into it over xmas. Try manually editing the INI file that's in the DATA folder of wherever you put R4, there's a line in there for the renaming scheme. Let me knoiw if that works.

How do you mean there's no way to copy the system files? Do you mean the firmware? If that's what you mean then yeah you can install the firmware. Download the .EZC pack from my blog and drop it into the main window. It'll install it to the homebrew library.

If you go into the Preferences part of the drop down menu in the main window there's a Settings section. In there you can set the output paths to whatever you want. Just change it from ROMS to \ and it'll install them to the root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep