TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Still, rockin', Dave :-)

Thanks for adding in the features, much obliged!

And whaddya mean, there's a comic book reader for DS? I'm soooo there :-)

There's loads of awesome homebrew out there! I'll be doing some more packs later and trying to get the download center done.

If anyone has any requests for any packs then just give me a shout with them and I'll try and get them done today! If anybody has any usrcheat.dat files that they want turned into packs then PM me with a link and I'll turn them into a pack! Packs are really simple to create this time around so I'll post details with it after the app is finished so you guys can create your own as well!

Does anyone know where there's a good Moonshell skin repository?

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and please dont do a CRC on each lol, itll take forever to import.

and multithread this program please. (if this is a C++ MFC program, it shouldnt be too hard at all)

punking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this is something I'm doing wrong but:

I get 'file not found' error before the splash screen
Clicking on classic browser gives me the same error.
If I drag a zipped up rom onto the main screen I get an 'invalid filename error' and it doesn't appear in the library. I've tried roms unzipped and I get the same error. The save library is the only one that works for me.

What am I doing wrong?

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country

If I drag a zipped up rom onto the main screen I get an 'invalid filename error' and it doesn't appear in the library. I've tried roms unzipped and I get the same error. The save library is the only one that works for me.

What am I doing wrong?

frown.gif

I'm getting the same errors too.

I'd added some games twice, and wanted to add a bunch more roms, so I decided to delete my entire library and start again. I deleted two files from the DATA folder. Seemed to work. Built my library again and everything was fine.

Then I did the same thing again. Now I get the 'file not found' error at startup. Files seem to get added to the library, but then I get 'No games in library' error.

I tried unistalling, but the same thing happens.

I think I broke it!
ohmy.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

What am I doing wrong?

frown.gif

I'm getting the same errors too.

I'd added some games twice, and wanted to add a bunch more roms, so I decided to delete my entire library and start again. I deleted two files from the DATA folder. Seemed to work. Built my library again and everything was fine.

Then I did the same thing again. Now I get the 'file not found' error at startup. Files seem to get added to the library, but then I get 'No games in library' error.

I tried unistalling, but the same thing happens.

I think I broke it!
ohmy.gif

I've moved everything from the GAMELIST.INI file to the registry. Load up the program and try Clear Registry from the Utils menu. If that doesn't work try going into the registry and removing the Roms and GAMELIST registry keys from the R4Commander registry section. If that doesn't clear it up then let me know and I'll se what I can find.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. That was much easier than hunting down registry files. All working now!

...actually, I still get the 'file not found' error screen at startup, but everything is actually working normally.

Actually.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

...actually, I still get the 'file not found' error screen at startup, but everything is actually working normally.

Actually.

Go into de registry and manually remove de entry R4 commander under HKLU (Local User).
The programme will create new ones....

BTW this is a program error .... it's the wrong location in the registry and should be under the /software key

Something else.... I have my roms on my harddisk in seperate folders like /EUR, /JAP, /USA.
R4 commander moves them all to one directory.
Is there a way to leave my roms in the designated folders and still let R4 manage them (so my request is 'browse subfolders')....

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually.

I think I found the cause of the file not found message you're getting so I'll send you a link to the version I'm working on later on, would you mind downloading it and letting me know if it fixes your problem?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually.

Go into de registry and manually remove de entry R4 commander under HKLU (Local User).
The programme will create new ones....

BTW this is a program error .... it's the wrong location in the registry and should be under the /software key

Something else.... I have my roms on my harddisk in seperate folders like /EUR, /JAP, /USA.
R4 commander moves them all to one directory.
Is there a way to leave my roms in the designated folders and still let R4 manage them (so my request is 'browse subfolders')....

I totally didn't know that about the registry location. I'll fix it in a future update. Will it cause any serious problems by not being in the Software subkey?

You can leave roms in their original folders by using the classic browser and single clicking on the file name.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
This update is available for downloading, I've uploaded it to the server I use (use the links in the first post) and the GBATemp download portal.

If you've been getting 'File Not Found' errors when loading up or selecting the classic browser this update should stop it.

Latest changes
--------------
Fixed boxart for 154.
Added code to allow for Game And Watch Collection and other XXXX release.
Added boxart for Game And Watch Collection (XX33)
During release list update it only adds releases that are missing from your list.
Game Library listbox updates automatically as you type in search text.

Bugs Found
----------
Box art doesn't refresh properly when using a search. (Fixed)
Show only missing games tickbox in release list doesn't work properly. (Fixed)
Added alot more error checking when the program loads up.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GREAT TOOL MAN
but the links for emus etc arent working

Thanks! I've checked the links and they seem to be working ok here. Have you retried them?

And I don't know what you mean by multi-thread the program but I'll look into it!

I'm guessing by multi-thread the program he means that it supports dual/quad core processors where it will run faster since it uses all the cores or something.

Btw great job on version 2 of this and thanks.

KMC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspfanboy.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes that'd what multi-thread means. I would very much like to see this multi-threaded so i can use it much faster on my soon to be computer. Most computers have 2 cores so making it multi-thread would help.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aouch... I think R4 Commander just corrupted my SD card... I had problem transfering roms using R4 commander to my card (lot of freezes) and when I tried the card on my M3, I had a "SD/TF card error". When I putted it back on my PC, I had to reformat it...

I'm not sure that it's R4 Commander that corrupted it, but it look like it...

BTW, if someone have a save of Ouendan2 that is mid-way in Cheerleaders mode or a save of Castlevania POR that is after the combat with the sisters, in the room with the 4 portraits... I would like to have them please, since I don't want to start over those games AGAIN (it's not the first time I have a flashcard problem...
frown.gif
)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Download and install using the installation program located in the first post to update.

Latest changes
--------------
Added TeenDev to the WWW menu.
Added Game/Audio/Video folder selection to Browse MicroSD Card.
Moved some menu items around.
Clear Registry changed to Reinitialize Program. This resets everything in the program back to a fresh install state.
You can now browse and apply unarchived skins stored in individual folders.

Bugs Found
----------
Doesn't update the release list if you've already dropped the file in there. (Fixed)
Some boxarts/screenshots don't refresh properly. (Fixed)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Aouch... I think R4 Commander just corrupted my SD card... I had problem transfering roms using R4 commander to my card (lot of freezes) and when I tried the card on my M3, I had a "SD/TF card error". When I putted it back on my PC, I had to reformat it...

I'm not sure that it's R4 Commander that corrupted it, but it look like it...

BTW, if someone have a save of Ouendan2 that is mid-way in Cheerleaders mode or a save of Castlevania POR that is after the combat with the sisters, in the room with the 4 portraits... I would like to have them please, since I don't want to start over those games AGAIN (it's not the first time I have a flashcard problem...
frown.gif
)

The other times that the flashcard corrupted were you using R4 Commander?

The pauses are the program waiting for Windows to flush the write buffer and catch up with all the data I'm dumping! I've slowed my code down now a little so there should be less pauses.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
GREAT TOOL MAN
but the links for emus etc arent working

Thanks! I've checked the links and they seem to be working ok here. Have you retried them?

And I don't know what you mean by multi-thread the program but I'll look into it!

I'm guessing by multi-thread the program he means that it supports dual/quad core processors where it will run faster since it uses all the cores or something.

Btw great job on version 2 of this and thanks.

There's no option when compiling using Delphi 7 to set it to multi-thread so I don't see it happening any time soon! lol

Thanks for the compliments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o