R4 clone is better than R$

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mehrab2603, Dec 2, 2008.

Dec 2, 2008

R4 clone is better than R$ by mehrab2603 at 11:19 AM (2,908 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. mehrab2603
    OP

Member mehrab2603 GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    i bought a r4 clone named 'ndsl r4'.i am surprised by all its features.it supports micro sdhc cards.i have tested it with a 8 gb card.it also supports auto-dldi patcing.all the homebrews(dsreader,morning timer,dsorganize,inferno ds,ysmenu etc) i tested ran smooth(no patching was required).all the games ran ok.it saves directly to card so loading time is very fast.i think the recent r4 clones are as good as acekard 2 acd cyclods.don't you guys think so? [​IMG]

2. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    As far as I can see, the only feature not present in the original R4 is SDHC support. The original R4 has had auto DLDI patching for quite a long time, about two years. And it saves directely to the card.

They both lack decent support, though. Being better than the R4 is not a great achievement nowadays...

3. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Clones blow fuses in DS's. Not as great as you really think [​IMG]

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

a few of the early ones did!

My NPLAYER r4 clone is working fine and had no issues and loads of people have had great success with R4 type clone cards [​IMG]

5. death1234

Newcomer death1234 Member

United States
    most of the r4 clones don't have a real team behind it to support the product
    although it may has almost equal features with cards like acekard 2, its a risk buying r4 clones because you never know what you might get

6. frantier123

Member frantier123 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I think the best R4 clone has to be R4 SDHC (Which is also known as your ndslr4). I have both R4 and R4 SDHC, whereas my friend has a R4 Pro. R4 Pro is sorta like CycloDS, except lack of Wii capability, but I dun reallly know much about it, but it looks more of advance. R4 SDHC is exactly the same is R4, except lack of SDHC for the orginal R4 and the kernel is a bit different. Also, the homebrew and everything that previously dun work on R4 worked on R4 SDHC. Games dont work on R4 works on R4 SDHC. So if you are thinking of getting a R4 clone, think no further, R4 SDHC has to be the best! (Although R4 Pro looks good too ... )

7. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Why is people showing off about R4 nowadays??

8. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I don't know, but my next blog post will probably be about it! lol

9. frantier123

Member frantier123 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Dunnoe...becos this thread is about R4 and R4 is getting rare nowadays? [​IMG]

10. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    R4 sucks just face it it's not good anymore I should know I have one and I'm tired of it it gets no updates if it wasn't for YsMenu I probably wouldn't use it.

11. ENDscape

Philippines
    You do know what rare means right? Whats rare is "real" R4, what he's bragging about is a fake R4. Walk outside and you'll probably see a n00b with one of them clones.

12. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    So I guess my question is what is the best card out there cause I plan on selling my R4 to some kid at my church for about $70 once I get me another......I don't want a clone......but what is the best card and whats the best card for people who don't have money in the bank (my friend wants one but doesn't have a lot of money and he doesn't want my hand me down R4). To tell you the truth I've been hearing about other cards and plus R4 never updates its firmware.....So it's time I upgrade.

13. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Selling a piracy device at a church are we? XD

14. baronluigi

Newcomer baronluigi Advanced Member

Spain
    Thanks to a clone we can play with 2988 and 3088 releases xDDDDD

15. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    OBJECTION!!

Selling anything inside the church is wrong...you do that outside of church. Unless you doing it for charity.

So my R4DS is real, I got it since last year during Christmas; a bad year.

16. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Don't TAR everyone with the same NOOB! BRUSH!!!

I'm Far from NOOB!

The clone cards WORK and work well enough for those that need it!

NOT EVERYONE can afford the often twice sometimes three times the price CYCLO DS,SCDS ONE or M3 REAL cards!

Sure there's TTDS but even those have clones/fakes...

Sure there's AceKard2 that's also cheap too but again NOT EVERYONE can buy online some cannot even access sites like DEAL EXTREME due to where they live in the world/Isp blocking such sites or don't have a means of buying as they don't have a bank acct or paypal/credit cards etc ....

so those people/users have little choice but to go with what they can get/buy/afford!

What everyone's also forgetting is that its only about a year or so since R4 was the TOP OF THE CARDS to have and STILL VERY POPULAR with those that do not need all bells and whistles cards and no nonsense ... this is where the CLONE cards FILL THAT VOID [​IMG]

why else do you think

... a) NINTENDO STOMPED ON R4 as the biggest selling most popular card out there

and

b) THE MOST CLONED CARD is infact the R4

think about it [​IMG]

Additional ......from reading these forums and others for long enough a whole lot of you that slate/flame the R4 and its users have actually owned one at some point or other or have at least used one ..or even still own one but passed it down/onto family/friends

The main bad point about R4 is that updates have ceased or it would be still a pretty good card for those who do not want REAL TIME SAVE or Wii connectivity (how many of you even use Wii connectivity REGULAR??)

It has cheats and cheats that still are updated ..and real time saves are not a biggie for most people either

What the majority of people/users want from a Flash card is .... the OBVIOUS to run Illicit software ie GAMES!

That's the be all and end all of DS/Flash cards regardless of REAL/FAKE/CLONE if it loads them... then that's all that matters!

nope I'm not an R4/CLONE FANBOY I own quite a lot of cards ....I'm just stating facts!

[/RANT MODE OFF]

Final note :- this post is not directly aimed at anyone here directly ..

I just find it tiresome that everyone jumps on an R4 post to slate how bad the cards are but forget that its the ORIGINAL card that is the issue here with lack of updates the clones are ACTUALLY GETTING THEM [​IMG]

17. jozsua_cruz

Newcomer jozsua_cruz Advanced Member

Canada
    hi!! I cant delete some files from my moonshell in mt r4 it said that the file is too long or not specified... can someone please help me?

i think that im in the wrong forum??

18. ENDscape

Philippines
    @kobykaan

haha sorry about that. im just annoyed at people still trying to prove something with an r4. I didnt really mean to say n00b, what i meant was R4 isnt rare nowadays. You'll see most kids have one.

19. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The R4 team is not releasing any compatibility updates anyway, and the clones relied on it.

If you feel confortable looking for Action Replay codes to manually patch the games for compatibility, that's a solution to extend its life.

20. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    @Agent Gamma

I mean I'm not selling it inside church, but I meant he goes to my church, which is how I know him.....But I've been hearing alot about this EDGE and ACEKARD (or how ever you spell it) cards. BOy do I got a big Chirstmas list this year......I need to get paid this chirstmas

EDIT-Just looked at the two to compare....I think I'm getting the EDGE.