1990LX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
045.jpg

Can you guys help me figure out how to get this thing to work on a new dsi with the 1.4.1u software

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol R4 "Renovation".

Anyway, you probably need to buy a new card.
Cheap clones like that don't give a shit about you after they get their ~$15, so don't include things like updatable firmware or support.

Also, triple posting is bad.

1990LX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
lol R4 "Renovation".

Anyway, you probably need to buy a new card.
Cheap clones like that don't give a shit about you after they get their ~$15, so don't include things like updatable firmware or support.

Also, triple posting is bad.

So I got screwed from a friend.........
Awsome.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1990LX said:
So I got screwed from a friend.........
Awsome.
A friend sold you that?
With friends like that, who needs enemies? Seriously.

Anyway, it seems the team is updating for games at least once a month which is a good thing, but if all you've got is a DSi on 1.4.1 it's pretty worthless to you since it's blocked.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure that the flash cart won't work on a DSi with firmware 1.4.1. Pretty much 100% positive.

The cart is useless. I would suggest an Acekard2i or Supercard DSTwo if you want a flash cart for a DSi with 1.4.1 firmware. For the Acekard2i, you will want it pre-flashed, otherwise it will be as useless as the cart you currently have unless you have a lower firmware DSi or a DSlite or Phat to flash it with.

Sorry that you got screwed so bad with that flash cart.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1990LX said:
can you guys help me understand why i cant upgrade the firmware??
They didn't bother to build the card with an updateable bootloader (which costs more money and adds complexity).

This is common with these kinds of carts because they just want to make the most profit quickly.

1990LX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
I'm sure that the flash cart won't work on a DSi with firmware 1.4.1. Pretty much 100% positive.

The cart is useless. I would suggest an Acekard2i or Supercard DSTwo if you want a flash cart for a DSi with 1.4.1 firmware. For the Acekard2i, you will want it pre-flashed, otherwise it will be as useless as the cart you currently have unless you have a lower firmware DSi or a DSlite or Phat to flash it with.

Sorry that you got screwed so bad with that flash cart.

I have access to six different ds/i.
I actually tried upgrading an r4ibest, but now its not recognized in any DS/i. Can you help explain this to me??
Also. this new card is recognized but when i access it it tell me to shut off the dsi and revert to the manual. just wondering why i can see the card, but not get in??
I dont are about being screwed for the card. this just helps my friend identify decent suppliers i guess

Rydian said:
QUOTE(1990LX @ Jan 6 2011, 02:35 AM) can you guys help me understand why i cant upgrade the firmware??
They didn't bother to build the card with an updateable bootloader (which costs more money and adds complexity).

This is common with these kinds of carts because they just want to make the most profit quickly.
Is there any way you could help me identify the hardware??

And will a new card be ok with the 1.4.1u software??? and wich one would you guys recomend???

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1990LX said:
And will a new card be ok with the 1.4.1u software??? and wich one would you guys recomend???
AceKard2i is a cheap, but GOOD, no-frills card with a form of software based AntiPiracy Bypass that works for some forms of AP. Price ranges from $12 to $16 on average.
SuperCard DSTwo has built in CPUs for GBA/SNES emulators (but sucks up power), and has built in AP Bypass that should work on all forms of AP. But costs more at ~$35.
Both can work with DSis in DS mode and can be updated to work with the DSi's 1.4.1 firmware.

That's pretty much all I would recommend.
There are R4 clones called R4i Gold that work with Wood which is similar to AceKard's AKAIO, but I wouldn't recommend them. Wood is good, but clones are meh.
Also, there is an upcoming card called the iEvolution from Team Cyclops which supposedly works in DSi mode. TC is known for being pricy and hasn't been offering many updates for their older card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple