R4 bown a fuse

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by winterwolfen, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

R4 bown a fuse by winterwolfen at 6:26 PM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. winterwolfen
    OP

Newcomer winterwolfen Member

Sweden
    Hi people out there

Just wanted to say, I know it can happen, but I sold a r4 card to a friend, after 5 months something happaned to the card and it's a fuse blower now. They don't know anything about cards, so it just happened it suddenly broke down and blow a fuse, is this very rare thing to happen? [​IMG]

If you wonder how I know, well the ds broke down the first time, after the shop repared it, when they put in the card the ds died again. I've seen it too, a perfect exanpel of a blown fuse.

2. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    this happen to me once with a acekard it destroy my old ds lite

3. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    I thought my R4 had blown a fuse too, until I realise it was just a loose battery connection. I had to stuff a little bit of paper to wedge it in place (sorta like how some people have to wedge paper with their flashcards to get them to be detected). I think alot of people who think they have a blown fuse, and have the weird symptoms like the light flashing for a second when you power it up, are probably just dealing with a loose battery. Shitty design on Nintys part. Try the wedge trick, or use a different battery, and if it still doesn't work, then short the fuse.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    This has happened before to other people. Usually, it's caused by the microSD slot (which is made of metal) breaking and coming into contact with the other parts of the flash cart. Nothing you can do about it except get a new flash cart, preferably one of higher quality.