R4 battery drainage issues?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by purblend, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

R4 battery drainage issues? by purblend at 8:45 PM (302 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. purblend
    OP

Newcomer purblend Newbie

Singapore
    I was playing Kirby canvas curse and it only lasted 3 hours on my ds lite with Mid-sound on.Its rather disappointing since I kind of thought that I got a 'good' deal for this used,second-hand(3 year old) Ds lite but it turns out that it came with a fake R4 which is R4 SDHC from r4sdhcdotcom .Is my Ds lite really doomed and is there anything that I can do to salvage it?I have already ordered a genuine R4i-sdhc but I can't be entirely sure whether the battery drainage is actually due to the ds system itself,the battery or the R4 since it hasn't arrived ?Im really worried about my ds lite :( Thanks :)!

2. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Don't worry, that's how the flashcards work and it sucks i know.
    The best would be to play your games with the AC adapter always powering the DS.
    So first make sure its full and then hook the AC Adapter in it and viola, DS uses directly power from the AC Adapter not the DS Battery itself.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Well if the system's old and was used a lot, it may just be that the battery of the DS Lite is dying. Flash carts do put a little extra drain, but it's not something most people would notice normally.