Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan of the R4DS, though I probably won't be buying one of these...who needs 4gb - 8gb of NDS ROMs?
biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting, though
yaynds.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never liked R4... Too cheap-looking and far too simple for me. I like loads and loads of features on a flashcart
smile.gif

BTW, what the heck of a source is this? It's not even an official news from the team.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, there is a homebrew musicplayer now that plays with the lid closed. so SDHC support comes in handy

oh and for the record: i am perfectly satisfied with the old r4's features. i dont really need more
smile.gif

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Team R4 has finalized the newest version of the R4DS and has released it into the wild! The version 3 of the R4DS is set to be released on March 10, 2008

so the SDHC support is a new cart, or is a firmware? id hate to go buy another one..

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We haven't seen any previous mention of this, let alone confirmation, from any resellers (except Amazon) or the R4 team themselves. It really looks fake - either false advertising or a clone of another product. If the R4 team were REALLY about to release an SDHC compatible device then all of the scene websites as well as web stores would already know about this...

Besides, with the other devices in the market these days why would anybody still be wanting an R4
wink.gif

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
johnchan said:
We haven't seen any previous mention of this, let alone confirmation, from any resellers (except Amazon) or the R4 team themselves. It really looks fake - either false advertising or a clone of another product. If the R4 team were REALLY about to release an SDHC compatible device then all of the scene websites as well as web stores would already know about this...

Besides, with the other devices in the market these days why would anybody still be wanting an R4
wink.gif

Cause the R4 has a huge userbase, that's why
wink.gif
Although the R4 don't have much features, it still works where it was made for and plus the reliability gives this card a good reputation.
If this news is true it could be very good news for the R4 users
smile.gif

I still didn't get a new flash cart yet, waiting for the Edge to get in stock but if the R4 is really bringing a new card I'll probably will wait for that.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really is no point to this. The only change I see is that it has SDHC support and nothing new unless they add new things via firmware updates. So there really is no point. I might as well stick with my old and trusty R4.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I had a 1GB card and it was fine, then got a free 2GB from Team Cyclops and it's massive. I only keep some games at a time, have an iPod for music/movies and other things. My card is only 1GB (even less) full at most times.
tpi.gif

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol N5. Doesn't sound anywhere near as good as R4 imo. I'm pretty sure that's the "R4 SDHC" that's been promised to come out.. I mean it even already has firmwares 1.15 and 1.16, so it's obviously the same as the R4.

Anyhow, this should have been released around when they announced an "R4 SDHC" was going to come out, now with all these new cheap slot-1 SDHC cards such as DSTT and EDGE, this has a lot of competition.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will have a good laugh when this comes out and SDHC is with it, then a week later a sudden influx of updates makes it better than Toy Top, CycloDS, SuperCard, and Acekard RPG in one. Probably never going to happen though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse