Hacking R4 + 3 in 1 problems

WaspinatorsLeftK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. First time posting, but was wondering if you could help me out. I got my Slot-2 pack yesterday, the 3 in 1 dealie, mostly for the GBA games. I go to put the GBA EXPloader on my R4 and at first it doesn't even read that the cart is in there. Thought my 3 in 1 was broken. Then I got the latest version from the site, v 0.58 I think it was, and it reads that it's there just fine, which is good I guess. It won't work with any other version of it, though. Says the cart isn't in slot-2. Anywho, I put the Mother 3 rom in there unpatched at first, since I figured if it didn't work with the unpatched rom it wouldn't work with the patched one either. Then it tells me the ROM is too big, and it can't play anything more than 16 Mbits. Tried to play it in NOR mode, but that didn't work out too well either. Said something about SRAM not being saved. I'm sort of new to this whole GBA thing, the R4's just a whole Drag and Drop dealie. Can anyone help?

WaspinatorsLeftK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure how knowing what version of the cart is going to help with the whole ROM not loading. When I try to load it normally, it says it isn't 16 mbits and doesn't bother to load it. When I try to play the game via the NOR mode, it either goes to the GAMEBOY thing without saying "Nintendo" Which, if I remember the system correctly, meant that there was nothing in the GBA in the first place. Or, even better, it says GAMEBOY, says Nintendo, and just sort of gets stuck there and all you see is a white void of nothingness.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
there is a bug in the exploader .58 version that cause some games to not load or something my japanese is rusty, you should download the .58b instead.

Right now there is currently no working access to the RAM for browers or rumble so don't expect DS mode functions of the 3in1 to work.

Mother 3 requires an SRAM patching. Its too big because it is 32MB in size and ONLY goes into NOR. PSRAM has only room for 16MB games and smaller. And depending where you got your game YOU NEED TO TRIM IT to fit under 32MB.

Use the search on the menu, everything you asked WAS already answered several months back. your not the first person to ask these questions and yhou probably wont be the last. Use the search before someone snaps and chews your head off. ITS NOT HARD TO TYPE IN "MOTHER 3" IN THE SEARCH FIELD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill