R4 2017 on 11.3

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheNative, Mar 10, 2017.

1. TheNative
    OP

TheNative Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2014
    United States
    Has anyone tried out the r4i gold 2017 cards on 11.3 at all.

2. TesseractStorm

TesseractStorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
  3. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Home
    How did you get yours to work? I bought that same one and i still havent gotten it to work?

4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I have the same card. With r4ids.cn on the sticker. I went here and got the first upgrade patch. Its dated august 6, 2013. I upgraded my card with my dsi, but you can use a dslite also. I don't know if you can upgrade the card with a 3ds, though.

5. TesseractStorm

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I did the Luma fixes for DS from 3ds.guide in the troubleshooting section on my 3ds. My friend was on OFW.
    Then I set up the wood kernel from http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm on the micro SD and it just worked.

6. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Home
    I've done all of that before and had others try to help me from a previous thread but i still haven't gotten it to work. Could it do with how my micro sd card is formatted? Ive had it formatted several times to fat 32 using different programs and still no luck. Ive narrowed the issue down to that the game wants to create a save file but can't do it so it just leaves a white or black screen. The only game i ever got working was SM64DS but i couldnt save or create save data

7. TesseractStorm

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Could be, I just used the 4gb micro SD that came with my N3ds, then replaced it with a 32gb Lexar card. Didn't even format the Lexar.

Just a thought but perhaps the micro SD slot in the r4 you have is bad? Given that I've encountered bad sd slots in major brand cellphones, it wouldn't surprise me if something like a flashcart had one.

8. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    I have the same card and it works great on 11.3 with Luma+A9LH. I just got the firmware from the same site, used the Woodv 1.64 and loaded the card, then in the card menu went to setup DS, and everything is working great.

9. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Home
    then what should i do? Its been almost a month since i've purchased it.
    Is there any other possible reason i could be having this issue?

10. TheNative
    OP

TheNative Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2014
    United States
    Thanks I checked the other day on the site and it still had 11.2 so I was worried about updating and losing compatibility right after buying it. Going to update now and continue playing heart gold