R.I.P. Gamecube...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My gamecube got smashed by my mum. For the second time... As if the first time wasn't traumatic enough.
At least she left the PS2 alone though, but that doesn't matter much since I don't even play the PS2 that much.
This sucks donkeybawlz since I only just managed to convince my friend to lend me his Twillight Princess. I never even got to the second dungeon ;_;
I'm not angry at my mum but she did completely lose the point when she smashed it.. I was fighting with my brother(read: beating the shit out him worse than usual) so my mum just snapped and thought we were fighting because of the gamecube so she took it and threw it down hard onto the floor... twice.

The whole thing was caused by me snapping because my little brother had been taking advantage of the "don't hit your little brothers rule" and thought he couldn't be touched..
He was trying to bully my other brothers into giving him the controller so he could play by himself and I wouldn't have any of that so I told him not to because it wasn't fair to them. Then he looked me straight into the eye and he said that he hasn't done anything wrong and he's only following rules .we have a"you die, you pass on the controller" policy, which works fine for SSBM or other multiplayer games but when its just him, its not really fair. Especially since he's better at games than my other brothers. He had been playing for an hour already when he had to leave and after 5 minutes he came back and demanded the controller back. I told him he can't and I dared him to do so and I heard him going on after I left the room so I went back and told him to stop it or else. To which he responded; "What are you going to do?" (something which I've been hearing a lot lately). So I snapped and started holding him down while slapping him a bit and my mum walked in bla bla bla bla gamecube got smashed
frown.gif

Though this does pretty much guarantee me a wii when I go back to england.
I don't have any pics since my little sister threw it away while I was sulking in my room. First my DS and now my gamecube
frown.gif
..... Life is unfair.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
If it makes you feel any better, 2 days after Xmas one year, I was playing the hell out of Kirby on my gameboy and my little sister wanted to play it. You can't save the game or anything, and I was probably 1 or two worlds away from the end. I asked her to wait while i finished it, and my mom took it as if I was just flat out not letting her play, and proceeded to say something to the effect of "If you dont share it, you cant have it either" and put my brand new gameboy in our trash compactor.

Crunch.

Mom talked to my sis and straightened it out, and then bought me another gameboy a few days later.

On the bright side though, Gamecubes are getting cheaper and cheaper, so it shouldn't hurt you too bad as far as replacing it.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Oh my. You guys have too much money just to throw away a GC?

But still, they are fairly cheap these days. But a Wii should be far better, especially that you don't have one yet.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL kids. My mum broked my gamecube. Oh dear. Glad I'm all growed up and if my mother ever broke anything of mine, I could send her flying out of my house with a big boot up her backside!

You think a broken gamecube is something to cry over - you can pick them up for bugger all nowadays at most places. Try paying income tax. That'll make you cry.

Flooded

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow no offense but your mom is psycho. She might want to get checked in anger management classes cause I don't know any people who breaks their kids stuff just because they are mad.

Posts merged

Also this belongs in blogs.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A moment of silence for the gamecube... My condolences.

Sidebar - Does anyone have grubbymitts' home address? I'm thinking about running up in his house and tearing all his shit apart. Thanks in advance.!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mate....what a dickhead your mum is...no offence but what kinda crackhead goes nuts and smashes up a games console cos the kids fight about it. Maybe she cant handle the stress of having children which made her lash out like that....If my mum pulled a stunt like that id shit in her bed and smash something of hers just to get back at her

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My mum hasn't done anything like that,quiet the opposite infact.

When i was younger me and my family went on holiday,it was a summer holiday away.Anyways,i got bored and asked for my gameboy(original).My mum said to me and my brother that she left them at home.I was almost in tears,until she took 2 spanking new gameboy colors out of her bag!
Back then they where about a year old,so i was so freaking happy.

Best.memory.evor!

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
mate....what a dickhead your mum is...no offence but what kinda crackhead goes nuts and smashes up a games console cos the kids fight about it. Maybe she cant handle the stress of having children which made her lash out like that....If my mum pulled a stunt like that id shit in her bed and smash something of hers just to get back at her
Well the only time something similar to this happened to me was when me and my sis were playing in my mom's room and we left it a mess...we didn't break anything but there was stuff everywhere. I didn't clean it up )(I was 6 :|)and my mom got mad and dumped everything in my room onto the floor. And I had a ton of little toys so it took quite a bit of time to pick it up.

But yeah, go up to your mom and tell her to stop being such a bitch. Except word it differently than that.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flooded19 said:
Wow no offense but your mom is psycho. She might want to get checked in anger management classes cause I don't know any people who breaks their kids stuff just because they are mad.

Posts merged

Also this belongs in blogs.
OH, you are one lucky little boy.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well if my mom ever did that i would keep telling her she owes me a new one.
And if she dont give me a new one and i bought it from my own hard earned money i would tell the police that my mother is crazy.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't be TOO hard on her, I mean, she could be dealing with stress issues.
Getting mad at her will only make her even more stressed, then she might smash your whole house next.
You should talk it out calmly.

Then if she says no, you should move out of your house.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
My mom broke my GameBoy Color once cause she was pissed off at me.
frown.gif

My uncle threw my DS Lite at the wall because I forgot to make up my bed.

Xcalibur, you can buy a used GameCube fairly cheap nowadays.
Don't know how it is in Egypt, but I could probably get one here for 30 or so dollars.

Don't be too bummed, maybe you can explain to your mom that you weren't arguing over the GameCube and convince her to buy you a new one.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-