R.I.P. Gamecube...

Masta_mind257

Trophies
XP
Country
My brother abuses rules just like that, we have a rule of not watching TV while eating, so he turns on the TV and blames it on me. I kicked the crap out of him. Taught him not to mess with me.
biggrin.gif

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Sears Grand here is selling brand new gamecubes for $20 right now. I'd get one if I didn't have a Wii.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow man. Didn't I say that what my mum did was slightly off the point but there's no point to call her a bitch. She was flipping because i was beating the crap out of my little brother and she couldn't do anything to me because I'm a pretty big guy. She just felt powerless. I shouldn't have snapped. either.
I would really appreciate it if you could edit your posts a bit. I don't think anyone likes getting their mum called a bitch. I won't post stuff like this anymore either. It seems that the people here aren't as mature as I thought. I guess stivking in the IRC channel makes you think thats all of Gbatemp.

I told you guys. I'll probably be without a gamecube for a while ( 3 months
frown.gif
) but I'll definetely buy a wii when I move back to england.

EDIT: I should also point out that something like this happened before and I got a new gamecube after a week so I'm not too worried.
I won't go into the details of what happened last time though.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I was a child, in elementary school, I made straight A's etc. Then one day for no reason I get detention and my parents go crazy. At the time I had a Pokemon GBC, and so my punishment for detention was to sit there and watch them burn my gameboy. Till this day I still miss it, even after being able to find the same model of gameboy unopened at a garage sale a few weeks after. Curses for having stereotypical Asian parents.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, that must've taken some time..

Edit: My head nearly esploded when I saw Twiffle's post saying 'Yesterday' when I just saw it on the recent posts list.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
When I was a child, in elementary school, I made straight A's etc. Then one day for no reason I get detention and my parents go crazy. At the time I had a Pokemon GBC, and so my punishment for detention was to sit there and watch them burn my gameboy. Till this day I still miss it, even after being able to find the same model of gameboy unopened at a garage sale a few weeks after. Curses for having stereotypical Asian parents.

Teh pokeymanz.. that shit was addicting.
This one time I was sick and delirious and I started dreaming about them.
I remember that I keep chanting piikkaaachuuuuu for some reason >_>.

I had the same thing happen to me as well but it was because of a shitty teacher. My mum started crying and saying how I'm going to end up a criminal if I don't sort myself out. Since then I don't think I've had better look with school.
I'd always get kicked out for being the joker in class. I was one suspension away from a permanent one(our concierge REALLY didn't like me) and I've sent people to the hospital/got sent to the hospital.

Dutch middle schools suck because instead of making you sit down and write lines and stuff for detention, they made you help out the concierge.. I hated autumn. I'd always have to come into school early if I got into trouble before and then stack up leaves...
Then some of my friends would come early and ride their bikes through the leaves on purpose >_>... I still haven't removed them from my "to kill" list.

And yes, I have one. And at least 3 members of GBAtemp are on it
tongue.gif
. Not you scubers. You are the counterbalance so that there will be win.
Remember, for evey win, there is a fail.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
superrob said:
Well if my mom ever did that i would keep telling her she owes me a new one.
And if she dont give me a new one and i bought it from my own hard earned money i would tell the police that my mother is crazy.
The police wouldn't give a shit...
It's very unlikely for a kid to get its justice in such a case
sleep.gif

Anyway, smashing your kid's console is a cruel thing to do, parents would never do that with a doll or a puppet house
blink.gif

Too bad it's all connected to all the misbeliefs parents have of videogames...to most of them it's just some sort of "addictive brain-washing machine", and if you only buy one GameCube (or "one toy", if you will) for 3 or 4 kids, that's what happens...Of course it's just natural that most parents can't afford three GameCubes for their kids, but then they should at least have the patience to get things ordered (or alternatively don't give a shit and let things order themselves) - either way, destroying the console is the most fucking stupid thing you can do...You could sell the console, you could donate it, you could take it away for a limited time...but destroy it? Come on... That's a clear sign your parents are overchallenged...
First they buy their kids a console to shut them up, then they destroy it to shut them up...Is that the way to raise children?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
How old was you?

I would not talk to my parrents in a few days after something like that.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
My gamecube got smashed by my mum. For the second time... As if the first time wasn't traumatic enough.
At least she left the PS2 alone though, but that doesn't matter much since I don't even play the PS2 that much.
This sucks donkeybawlz since I only just managed to convince my friend to lend me his Twillight Princess. I never even got to the second dungeon ;_;
I'm not angry at my mum but she did completely lose the point when she smashed it.. I was fighting with my brother(read: beating the shit out him worse than usual) so my mum just snapped and thought we were fighting because of the gamecube so she took it and threw it down hard onto the floor... twice.

The whole thing was caused by me snapping because my little brother had been taking advantage of the "don't hit your little brothers rule" and thought he couldn't be touched..
He was trying to bully my other brothers into giving him the controller so he could play by himself and I wouldn't have any of that so I told him not to because it wasn't fair to them. Then he looked me straight into the eye and he said that he hasn't done anything wrong and he's only following rules .we have a"you die, you pass on the controller" policy, which works fine for SSBM or other multiplayer games but when its just him, its not really fair. Especially since he's better at games than my other brothers. He had been playing for an hour already when he had to leave and after 5 minutes he came back and demanded the controller back. I told him he can't and I dared him to do so and I heard him going on after I left the room so I went back and told him to stop it or else. To which he responded; "What are you going to do?" (something which I've been hearing a lot lately). So I snapped and started holding him down while slapping him a bit and my mum walked in bla bla bla bla gamecube got smashed
frown.gif

Though this does pretty much guarantee me a wii when I go back to england.
I don't have any pics since my little sister threw it away while I was sulking in my room. First my DS and now my gamecube
frown.gif
..... Life is unfair.

What are you, 12?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described