Hacking QuikLoadr by Polskayboy (aka twofive), A new Backup Loader

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If you've noticed in most of my previous posts... I don't hold too many punches... I came here to learn and master this to a perfect modified Wii... and then I will clone....clone.....clone.....clone....get my drift?! Hey why can't I be a bottom feeder just like any other company that latches on to the gaming industry? I just can't mass produce...but I will try and sail the seas with eyes forward until this ride is over. And that's just being totally honest. I've said it before... I been a pirate since I was a wee lad and I may wear a mask now to live up to my name... but I think we all do in a way when we're behind these screens...ya know?

Peace

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
nature of your posts, the way they are worded, and your use of the language
Don't call us smoggies for nothing you know!!! if you knew anything about England you would know, but never mind, sorry dad.
unsure.gif

knigitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to djdynamite123:

If you don't like the content of the thread, I advise that you move on. Let him try to do whatever he wants, if he fails it is on him. But if someday, someone finds a way to boot backups at 6x it will be YOU that looks stupid because you ran your mouth trolling on a thread which could really do without you.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twofive said:
You want a movie? You get a movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YbHyt6Jh40

Don't tell it's fake, it's not even mine.

Greets

Not really sure what game this is - but what would be good is to post a video of a backed up game which under gamma, has stuttering laggy video due to the DVD speed. If the same game runs without problems with your loader, with smooth video, then it may help the non-believers believe.

I for one believe that anything is possible. As with anything software based, it can be circumvented.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twofive said:
It's a PAL game, in German it's called "Bully - die Ehrenrunde".

Ok, cool. When I check the compatibility list here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3 it mentions that Bully "sometimes" has long loadtimes. No mention of the gamma version or beta version. It is clear in your video that the loading of Bully seems quick, although I don't have the game myself so cannot compare load times.

What would be good is if you can show that a backup of one of these games in the non-compatibility thread, runs without issues:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115819

You don't have to proove yourself to me or anyone, but if you can show it, it would be excellent progress in my opinion.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twofive said:
I don't know anyone in here - and I don't want it to happen waninkoko-style: leaked...

Just wait the two weeks, you'll see it's worth the two weeks...

Greetings

for some unexplainable reason...I believe in you.

YOU CAN DO IT!

course I don't need it or care, being chipped and all.

finally got a chance to play some stuff on gamma though,
instead of just installing it for xyz friend/associate.

gotta say, hard to complain, it's pretty baller.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
twofive said:
I don't know anyone in here - and I don't want it to happen waninkoko-style: leaked...

Just wait the two weeks, you'll see it's worth the two weeks...

Greetings
for some unexplainable reason...I believe in you.
yeah me too

everyone this isn't like the "team matrixx" b.s. where someone made a thread and posted some bizarre link and left never to be heard from again

i say we wait the 2 weeks for twofive to release his QL and see if what he claims is true... until then don't bash him, it's not like we need to, we have backup loaders already

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Just watched the video and if anything the loading time seemed to be longer than it is on gamma. Also since you are going to using the same CIOS as gamma compatibility is going to be pretty much the same as well. If you had released this about a month ago I might have been bothered to follow this loaders development, as it is this seems to have no advantages over gamma.

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
nature of your posts, the way they are worded, and your use of the language
Don't call us smoggies for nothing you know!!! if you knew anything about England you would know, but never mind, sorry dad.
unsure.gif

Shame to be british with fella's like you about.

what's that have to put your two bits in....
ohmy.gif

Ohh forgot your the daddy on here

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a video link sent showing 007 Quantam of Solace being played on this backup loader. The playback was perfect, especially in-game including the music. The compatibility chart shows that on Gamma, the in-game music is garbled.

This doesn't necessarily prove 6X read speed, however it shows some marked improvements over gamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1