Quickly needs advice! About Computers

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's 6 a.m. and the Apple Store is going to open up for the first time in my town. I was considering getting a computer for high school (long story short, I go to an advanced section that only accepts 40 students, and I work on research and go to college and do more research and blah blah blah) and I was considering getting a MacBook. Just a MacBook. Is it worth it? I have the money, but my parents... well, they aren't TOO supportive. I can pay for it and the software, but they make me feel guilty.

Any advice?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wabsta said:
Well, buy a normal laptop with the same specs, but maybe less battery life, and it will be 2 times cheaper.
This. However, if you want something that's "idiot-proof" (won't get viruses, doesn't easily die, etc) then Macs are your way to go. But since you seem like a smart kid, what with going to a private school and all, just buy a computer with the same specs (I recommend Asus for a brand) for half the price. Or, for the same price, one that will run circles around a Mac.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
Well, buy a normal laptop with the same specs, but maybe less battery life, and it will be 2 times cheaper.
I don't know, but the MacBook is the only computer that really has ever appealed to me. Other ones... Eh.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Make a Pro's and Con's list. Write down all the reasons for why you want the macbook and then think about whether its worth it when compared to a PC notebook with same specs at a cheaper price. It's your money, at the end of the day it's up to you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Okay, it's 6 a.m. and the Apple Store is going to open up for the first time in my town"

As a rule never make big buying decisions as far as technology goes on what amounts to a whim. Similarly how pretty something is should be a best second consideration with specs/features and the like coming first.

I do not really like laptops though so I will bow out here after saying the others are onto something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-