QUICK!!!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Jul 13, 2010.

Jul 13, 2010

QUICK!!! by Blaze163 at 1:23 PM (522 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    OK, real swift question. I'm told the PSN version of FF8 has problems running on 5.50 Prometheus. Here's what I want to know:

- I'm told this problem is only with the US version. Is the EU version good to go?
    - What problems are we talking about?
    - Can they be fixed?
    - Do they affect the PSN version of FF9?

If it's possible to get them working, then I will simply give up on trying to download them in ISO format and buy them from PSN. Saves time. Plus by lucky happenstance a 20 quid pre-paid card is the exact ammount I need to buy FF8 and 9, and have 4 quid left over for Afterburner Climax. What say you? Good idea?

Swift reply would be appreciated as I'm supposed to be taking Jess out later.

2. ut2k4master

Member ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    you will have the problems with the eu and psn versions too, but they can be fixed. these problems are slowdowns and crashes and ff9 is not affected.
    to fix the problems you have to change the game id of every cd to SLPS02180 and you have to use popsloader 4.01 until a cutscene on the 3rd cd where it crashes. there you hve to use popsloader 3.71 to get past the scene and then use 4.01 again. the eu discs also have a copy protection.

3. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    How do I change the ID on PSN games? I assume I access the eboot file using PSX2PSP, my usual ISO converter, and change the code from there? Will that work? I have the latest Popsloader so that's good to go. I won't be using the actual physical disks for any of this, I've never been able to find them. Downloading from the PS Store and transferring to my PSP from my PS3, or possibly the laptop.

I've also found an eboot of FF8 online which looks promising. It was designed with M33 in mind and it's on a rather dodgy looking site, but it is a single eboot for all four disks, albeit in three .rar files to download. My AVG protection has expired though, so if I go for that option then A) I risk fucking up the laptop, and B) I'll have to do it on the sly because my old man is insisting I don't download anything, and with the file being 2GB it'd take a few hours.