Hacking Quick Wiikey question

Libomasus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to start a new topic, but the SSBB Dump topic is being flooded and my post was overlooked so...

If I wanted to get all the features for my Wiikey, including Region Free, would I just update it to 1.9b and be done with it? I'd like to know so I can start burning the setup discs, and I don't want to waste more DVD's to burn all the updates separately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1.9b will give you a region free WiiKey with the implemented Gamecube Audio Fix. However, you should note the following:
-Super Mario Galaxy or Wii Fit backups will only run if you update to 1.9g (originals will work with any version)!
-The Wii is not 100% region free - several games are known not to work - check out http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...patibility_List for more information
-SSBB (original, no dumps are public as of now) does not work with any WiiKey version right now but the WiiKey team is working on it - so expect something like 2.0 or 1.10 in the future and then even that game SHOULD work

Libomasus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I just wanted to know if I had to install each update seperately, but apparently the upcoming Wiikey firmware should give me everything I need. Thanks for informing me so I wouldn't have to go through such a tedious process.

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since this seems to be quite a new thread, I'll post my question in here.

I've been thinking about getting a WiiKey, and I know there are inherrent dangers in "bricking" it. Is there any way to recover your Wii to working order after "bricking" it? Or do you have to go out and buy a new one?

uschghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I know the only way to brick your wii is when you start a wiigame from another region as your wii (e.g. pal->Ntsc) and run the firmware update that comes with it.
But when you have your wii firmware up to date youh should be all fine.

Anyway you can send your wii to nintendo after ot was bricked and they will repair it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol