Hacking quick wiikey problem

Mike Hawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just bought a wiikey and was able to install it sucessfully, i was able to update it to 1.9b but for some reason it wont recognize the new setup disc, i tried, before patch and after patch burns and i just bought some maxell 16x dvd-r's burned at 2x and it keeps giving me a disc read error.

any suggestions?

ledav007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try to switch media (verbatim 16x -R burnt at 4x) and, just a question, are you sure you use the correct region setup disk ?

Second question, are you sure you really updated the Wiikey to 1.9b ? There are two steps, first time you test the update and second time you apply it. Also what is your Wii firmware version ? 3.0 or 3.1 ?

Could be your burning software also. If on Windows, use IMGburn, not Nero.

If all this is ok, maybe you should also pad your image to make it a normal 1.4G Gamecube Disk, using filechop.exe.

I know it's a lot of possibilities but these are very common problems, search a little around here, you'll learn more.

Mike Hawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes im using the usa iso (deleted the others so confusing them wont be a posibility)
yes i went thru both the test and the update at the end the screen read (insert coin) im using wii firmware 3.0
im currently burning in imgburn see how that works (thanks for the advice)
i did pad my image using filechop.exe.

well i'll post see if it works after i burn with IMGburn. thanks man

Mike Hawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so burning with IMGburn did not really help, but thanks for the tip i'll just keep using IMGburn from now on.

use gcos to load the setup disc? how do i go about doing that?
well time to use the search function.

PROBLEM RESOLVED WITH GCOS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE TO ANY WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE GCOS IMAGE http://www.memiks.com/Wii/Wii-GC-Emu-Mplay...fig-BootDisk.7z

razor101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so burning with IMGburn did not really help, but thanks for the tip i'll just keep using IMGburn from now on.

use gcos to load the setup disc? how do i go about doing that?
well time to use the search function.

PROBLEM RESOLVED WITH GCOSÂ THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE TO ANY WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE GCOS IMAGE http://www.memiks.com/Wii/Wii-GC-Emu-Mplay...fig-BootDisk.7z

Oh thanks! Been looking for a guide or someone to tell about how to use/burn a freaking GCOS... Not easy when you know shit about it
smile.gif

Btw. I tried burning the ISO (PAL), and it loaded up like this:

But do I really have to use a Classic Controller to select Boot DVD??

razor101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was hoping there was a way to make that 'Reset' button work like a selector... At least it works just like that when you update wiikey and when you configure the wiikey too
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols