Quick Vista Question

Mikey242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have vista business and had similar problems (not quite hours to boot though!). For me it was actually my cdrom. One of them was really takin long to initilize for some reason, so I upgraded the firmware for it and it was much quicker. You might also want to check for firmware upgrades for your motherboard if they are available, there may be some that improve its performance.

Like many of the others I would definately say your computer was powerful enough for vista. Good luck.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have vista business and had similar problems (not quite hours to boot though!). For me it was actually my cdrom. One of them was really takin long to initilize for some reason, so I upgraded the firmware for it and it was much quicker. You might also want to check for firmware upgrades for your motherboard if they are available, there may be some that improve its performance.

Like many of the others I would definately say your computer was powerful enough for vista. Good luck.

Exactly the problem I had, but with my HDD.
OP: Take out all ODDs and other HDDs and see if it boots faster

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran Vista Ultimate (not tweaks, was running with Aero) on my P4 2.2 Ghz Northwood, and it ran fine, maybe a little sluggish, but it was running more towards smooth. The ram I had was a 2700 DDR 512MB, and it was running just fine. The video card I was using was an ATI Radeon 9800. I'd say your specs should be able to run Vista pretty smooth. The people talking about that "super fetch" stuff I beleive are correct from what I've read about how Vista manages ram. It basicaly has ram already allocated for your most used programs, so it'll allocate a pretty big chunk of your ram to that, so I wouldn't worry much about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL