Homebrew Quick Question

DaOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to create something that allows you to hide installed titles from the home screen. The reason being is because I sometimes lend my 3ds to my little cousin and I don't want him seeing my Pokémon Lewd Edition

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Please use a more descriptive title in the future.

2. I don't know if you can hide icons, but you can backup your savedata using JKSM or similar, delete the title, and simply reinstall the CIA and restore your save data later.

DaOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Please use a more descriptive title in the future.

2. I don't know if you can hide icons, but you can backup your savedata using JKSM or similar, delete the title, and simply reinstall the CIA and restore your save data later.
Sorry I had no idea how to describe my situation here. I know I can back up my save a simply reinstall the game when needed but I don't want to go through all the trouble every day.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I had no idea how to describe my situation here. I know I can back up my save a simply reinstall the game when needed but I don't want to go through all the trouble every day.

I doubt it'd be much more convenient to hide/unhide the icon anyways.

Edit: "Can I Hide Icons on the Home Menu?" or something similar would have done nicely :).

Last edited by LongTimeLurker,

DaOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are so right I really wasn't thinking much of it. Maybe I'll just change the icon and banner to something that sounds boring. I still want the ability to hide my icons tho:(

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are so right I really wasn't thinking much of it. Maybe I'll just change the icon and banner to something that sounds boring. I still want the ability to hide my icons tho:(

Sorry! Theoretically it's possible now that I'm thinking about it. An app could simply rename the app's directory to something like "xxxxxxx_hidden", and to unhide it, it could just rename it back. Sadly, I don't think anything does that yet. Perhaps it could be a feature of JKSM? Maybe try requesting it :).

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to create something that allows you to hide installed titles from the home screen. The reason being is because I sometimes lend my 3ds to my little cousin and I don't want him seeing my Pokémon Lewd Edition
Maybe change the Banner + Name to the Health & Safety App, cause i dont think he open that ;)
EDIT: Or make a EmuNand with Luma, that you can only access when you press some Buttons... (Password or so...)

Last edited by pandavova,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Would telling luma it's a different region prevent it from being loaded?
Icon would still be there but it wouldn't load

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Maybe change the Banner + Name to the Health & Safety App, cause i dont think he open that ;)
EDIT: Or make a EmuNand with Luma, that you can only access when you press some Buttons... (Password or so...)
Better yet: Make it look like a girl's game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet