Quick Question?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Blake1710, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Quick Question? by Blake1710 at 7:30 AM (623 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Blake1710
    OP

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Reading the installation guide for some homebrews, I'm noticing that it tells you to place the folder in the ROOT of the card. Now, not that it is crucial, but I would like to keep the card organized, so a seperate folder for homebrew is what I was thinking, but will placing the folders in here make them unusable?

Thanks.

2. mrSmiles

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    They wont work if you place the folders in a separate folder, so if it tells you to place it on the root of your card do it, but what you can do to make it look cleaner when actually using the DS is setting the folders and files that you dont want to see by setting their attribute to "hidden" which you could do using DSOrganize or manually on the computer

3. Blake1710
    OP

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've set the folders as hidden on the computer and selected hide hidden folders in DSOrganize, but they still show up.

EDIT: I've got it fixed, thanks for your help.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Most *.nds files can go anywhere, doesn't matter where they go. However, they may require that certain files be on the root of your card.

Check and see if your homebrew supports the DATA folder convention, in which data files go into the "(root)\DATA\app_name" folder to help declutter the root of your card. Most homebrew doesn't support it, but it's nice for the ones that do.