Hacking quick question yet again

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suggest uninstalling coldboot and replacing it with coldbootHaxchi
Read the thread. We've been trying to help the user remove it. Of course we recommend the same thing. We did so on the first page. That's not the issue here. We want to be careful and help the user properly remove coldboot without bricking. It's not CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused. I thought he was running redNAND unless he was running that on top of a coldboot hack. I base this on that video. I do know it will have infinite loading on the wii u screen if it can't find redNAND.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused. I thought he was running redNAND unless he was running that on top of a coldboot hack. I base this on that video. I do know it will have infinite loading on the wii u screen if it can't find redNAND.

This isn't the same redNAND you're used to. This was early on. When iosuhax first came out. This was months before CBHC, HaxChi or Mocha. Back when everything IOSU was still new. There were lots of different Hacks popping up at that time before it was all "standardised" by fix94 and others

Reactions: godreborn

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what i will do later is take screenshots of all the folder and file structures, might help someone with 10x more knowledge then me come to some sort of conclusion

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiu1.PNG
wiiu2.PNG
wiiu3.PNG
wiiu4.PNG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coldboot.install and iosuhax_coldboot.elf I'm unfamiliar with. I'm afraid I don't know much about the early days of coldboot hax.

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok mate cheers, is it easy to convert games to to loadiine format to try that loading method? i think this wii is goosed as it appears to be a too old hack for anyone to know anything about haha

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can download games, select decrypt, then place the content on the sd card in the correct place. they will be loadiine ready I believe. :D

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers, will have a loo around, loadiine loads from homebrew so im hoping i can get some games working that way

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did u retry CBHC

iv just tried that now and its loaded me into the .fw img on the sd card, so i now have a wii menu. now is it going to be easy to complete remove this, or can i update to 5.5.2 for a bit of sneaky online play?

Last edited by evans05,

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes mate, first time in days iv actually got the wii menu back (you might call it different) its always previously failed to boot or gone straight ot homebrew

wii1.jpg
wii2.jpg

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok you meant wiiu menu.. :)

haha yeah that one, im thinking of trying to remove all now to start again from scratch, but if i remove am i going to be stuck again at the same point as the last few days is the question

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there isnt any need... cbhc will have over written anything you had..

half of those SD card files are useless though.. now.

so will it be possible to update the wiiu to 5.5.2 now so me little lad can play splatoon? then next on my list is bloody gc games haha

evans05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
all sorted now, just like to say thanks for those who have attempted to help me, problems resloved, cbch installed, now to figure out these gamecube games fro res evil code veronica x

Last edited by evans05,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.