Quick question on DS games.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by warnings, Apr 9, 2017.

1. warnings
    OP

warnings GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Canada
    I have a N3DS with CFW and I have an old R4 Gold card that is a time bomb so I have to set the clock way back for it to work. I was just wondering if setting the time back will have any negative issues with the n3ds cfw...like through me in a boot loop or some shit.
    Thanks.

2. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Face the Slayer!

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    Nope, you won't have such problem, considering that my 3DS can boot with the time set 1/1/2000...

warnings likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Every time you set the time back it will mess with clock based events in the games that use them. It's really not optimal.
    Also, at some point, it might mess with anything that uses SSL (such as eShop and updates), as the certificates used will be deemed invalid if the current date/time is not within the validity period of the certificate. I'm not sure if the 3DS actually checks this or not, but Firefox throws a tantrum if the current date isn't within the certificate validity period.
    Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues. But isn't it worth the 20 bucks to not have to deal with that?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 9, 2017
    warnings likes this.
  4. warnings
    OP

warnings GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks guys.