Hacking Quick question on DS games.

warnings

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DS with CFW and I have an old R4 Gold card that is a time bomb so I have to set the clock way back for it to work. I was just wondering if setting the time back will have any negative issues with the n3ds cfw...like through me in a boot loop or some shit.
Thanks.

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a N3DS with CFW and I have an old R4 Gold card that is a time bomb so I have to set the clock way back for it to work. I was just wondering if setting the time back will have any negative issues with the n3ds cfw...like through me in a boot loop or some shit.
Thanks.

Nope, you won't have such problem, considering that my 3DS can boot with the time set 1/1/2000...

Reactions: warnings

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks.
Every time you set the time back it will mess with clock based events in the games that use them. It's really not optimal.
Also, at some point, it might mess with anything that uses SSL (such as eShop and updates), as the certificates used will be deemed invalid if the current date/time is not within the validity period of the certificate. I'm not sure if the 3DS actually checks this or not, but Firefox throws a tantrum if the current date isn't within the certificate validity period.
Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues. But isn't it worth the 20 bucks to not have to deal with that?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: warnings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over