Quick question, new to PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by nordini, Oct 4, 2009.

Oct 4, 2009

Quick question, new to PSP by nordini at 10:20 PM (512 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    Don't own a PSP yet. I am a DSi person. However, with the release of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep coming out for the PSP, i'm really tempted to buy one.

I use a flashcart for my DSi to download ROMs instead of buying games. Can't count the money this has saved me.

Can you do this for the PSP as well? Is there a card or something you can buy that will enable you to play (are they called ISOs for PSP?)

2. toh_yxes

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    A PSP uses the memory stick you put in to put ISOs, and CSOs, homebrew, movies, music, photos, etc. But to trick the psp to do this, you need CFW, or Custom FirmWare. Not all PSPs are able to have CFW at the moment, im pretty sure. All PSP-1000s are hackable, so they are the obvious choice. Try and find one online. Some PSP-2000s are hackable, but right now, im pretty sure PSP-3000s are not hackable yet, same with the PSP-Go. PSP CFW Look there for more information. There is also this which you probably should have looked at before posting this thread. Hope I helped! [​IMG]

3. Lelouch

Member Lelouch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    psp-3000 are hackable now

4. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines