Hacking quick question in regards to converting movie files

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried watching movie files on my ds for the first time and went about converting a few episodes of the devil may cry series, and dpg tools finished successfully, but when played on sakura, i received an error in the log saying "Not support pixel format. Application halted!!" so the question is, what are the settings i need to be aware of in dpg tools in order for it to be converted at the correct pixel format? thanks. (i acutally found a couple of the episodes on some site that were already subbed and in dpg format and they play great, just wanted to convert the episodes i couldnt find from the series collection i have in divx format to dpg)

DesuChan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
corporealmirage.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'd have to disagree. Quite coincidental- I happen to have converted a WMV to DPG in the last ten minutes. I used Batch DPG and not only was the sound distorted, it lagged and, halfway through playing, had no visual for the rest of the clip. I then used the DPG converter in the Sakura Tools pack, and it runs beautifully on my card. Perfectly synchronised, no skipping.

Might it have something to do with the original video clip format, or your computer?

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i like gbatmw
yaynds.gif

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is it you need like 5 programs to convert a movie to dpg..its as simple as this..i have the devil may cry series (12 episodes - divx format) i just want to open a program and say, ok convert this to dpg so i can watch on my ds..the process seems like a freakin headache

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bits and pieces so far..havent had the time yet to sit dedicatedly to learn it..just commenting on what i have read so far and seems like there are so many steps to just convert to a different file type

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under the options for dpgenc, change "Pixel Format" (in the "Video Stream Re-encode Options" box) to "RGB24 old version default"

Sakura is operating under a modified version of moonshell, so it's only a little different. I got the same thing once upon a time and so changed that option.

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kk thanks i will try that..i tried following the sticked guide we have in the nds boards and tried batchdpg...it attempts to start the movie but then freezes..which makes me think because the guide also says its intended for moonshell that possibly a setting needs to be tweaked to get it to work properly in this modified version that sakura runs

edit: thanks for that suggestion..it works like a charm :-) now i wonder what i did wrong in batchdpg that it would attempt to load the file and then freeze sakura. also, does dpg tools need any of the codecs that i had to install to use batchdpg or can i uninstall them? thanks again for that tip the conversions work great now :-)

teH XeRO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help :-)..video playback is great i'm gonna have some fun with this. dpgtools seems to work the best for me right now. so far loving my m3 real with sakura except sometimes sakura tends to corrupt my sdhc card and i gotta reformat and run a chkdsk on it to correct any errors and reload my content.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've had mixed results with dpgtools and batchdpg. everything from pixelation to sound sync issues. when it works it works well because you simply drag/drop click encode and walk away. when i make a divx encode from a dvd for example i use 5 apps and do remastering, it takes time. if you are having issues you can always give tuna vids a go. chisim's app supports xvid files - when encoded properly.

here is a guide (a bit outdated) that should help:
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/dvd...ds-t322825.html

here is a bit of info i've collected that might help you as well:
MoonShell seems to be able to handle a total bitrate of 512 kbps (video+audio) perfectly.
This assumes Height * Width * FPS = 737280. So with a 256x192 (Fullscreen) video, this would result in the framerate being 15. A 256x144 (Widescreen) video would have a bitrate of 20.

This may be a long shot, but I've heard that the 32768 samplerate of the audio, while it does greatly improve the audio quality, can screw up the audio sync. Try setting it to 32000 and see if it helps. If that fails I don't really know.

Fullscreen
FPS: 20 (gspot?)
Video bitrate: 386 (384?)
Max bitrate: 512
Passes: 3 (1?)
Profile: Ultra (High?)
Resizer - Spline16
Width: 256
Height: 192
Audio bitrate: 128
Samplerate: 32768
Mode: Joint Stereo
Normalize: On (?)

Widescreen
FPS: 22 (or 20)
Video bitrate: 386
Max bitrate: 512
Passes: 3
Profile: Ultra
Resizer - Spline16
Height: 144
Audio bitrate: 128
Samplerate: 32768
Mode: Joint Stereo
Normalize: On

~Average Settings~

Video-------

FPS:20 (or 18)
Heigth: 192
Bitrate: 128 (192 to go with 18 FPS*)
Profile: High

Audio------
Bitrate 128
Samplerate 32000

~High Quality~

Video-------

FPS:15
Heigth: 192
Bitrate: 256

Audio------
Bitrate 128
Samplerate 32000

~High FPS~

Video-------

FPS:24
Width: 192
Heigth: ??? (Use original converter if you must)
Bitrate: 256

Audio------
Bitrate 128
Samplerate 32000

*edit* i used the wide screen settings lastnight and reencoded an ep of dr. who from season 3 which was a divx file. i used 3 pass encoding (to hopefully enhance the quality) and it took about 2 hours to encode the video. i watched it lastnight before bed on my nds and it played perfectly. just goes to show you that not only do you need to understand the tools, but you need to begin with a good quality source file.

Stormbringer2008

Trophies
XP
Country
DesuChan said:
I'd have to disagree. Quite coincidental- I happen to have converted a WMV to DPG in the last ten minutes. I used Batch DPG and not only was the sound distorted, it lagged and, halfway through playing, had no visual for the rest of the clip. I then used the DPG converter in the Sakura Tools pack, and it runs beautifully on my card. Perfectly synchronised, no skipping.

Might it have something to do with the original video clip format, or your computer?

Can someone please point me to a download link for the Sakura Tools pack....
I have tried googling it and came up with nothing, I would really like to give the DPG converter a try.

Thanks

Regards
Stormbringer

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. above;

Try searching for "moonshell" this time. Sakura does not have a tool set; we have to use other stuff.

My preference in encode;

128kbps MP2
RGB24 old version pixel format
512kbps video bitrate
24 frames per second
No, mabe half blur
smooth frame blending
fast encode, unless you're dealing with a dark movie

If this doesn't work for you, then that would make sense since I have a class 4 card.

planthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Has any one used Super, it converts any video format to any format and has the Ds as a ready made conversion template, just load your video files and hit convert. I have tried it converting avi's, (music videos and converting flv files from youtube (old tv shows) and it seems to produce great results on the small ds screen. any comments.

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
planthead said:
Has any one used Super, it converts any video format to any format and has the Ds as a ready made conversion template, just load your video files and hit convert. I have tried it converting avi's, (music videos and converting flv files from youtube (old tv shows) and it seems to produce great results on the small ds screen. any comments.

Well, to start off

It's extremely annoying to get:
-In order to find the download link, you need to sift through information
-This information is all advertising
-This advertising is as long as a five-hour-long infomercial
-The download link is php (I don't have the correct download manager)
-The file downloads at speeds of up to 20 KBps (that's slow)

Dude, don't recommend things that are a hassle to get yourself. You're just being an idiot.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SUPER is not hard to get. All you need to do is find the big bold letters and click on the download link. And about the scrolling through information, try using the little bar on the side or middle click and move your mouse. Besides, you're getting it for FREE and it works well most of the time. You don't have to read the information there. Now the download speed also shouldn't be their fault because you're getting it for free and it's already hard enough for them... Even though it's pretty much based on/uses? ffmpeg which is open sourced/free or something...

planthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
TheWingless said:
SUPER is not hard to get. All you need to do is find the big bold letters and click on the download link. And about the scrolling through information, try using the little bar on the side or middle click and move your mouse. Besides, you're getting it for FREE and it works well most of the time. You don't have to read the information there. Now the download speed also shouldn't be their fault because you're getting it for free and it's already hard enough for them... Even though it's pretty much based on/uses? ffmpeg which is open sourced/free or something...

Thanks mate couldn't have said it better, don't why are people are so rude, when you are trying to be helpful, i am sure if more people tried super, the conversion process is so simple, there are good guides to follow on youtube for ds conversion, but you can use it for almost any format to any format including ipods, they would find great enjoyment in watching tv episodes or movies on their Ds, as my kids, now have a nice multi media and game player thanks to sakura and mostly it is free!

The point of a forum is to share information and your experiences not to rant anger.

Mind you if he finds downloading super, awkward, how does he cope with configuring his m3 real card. LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?