Hardware Quick question about 2 Xbox one's on the same network

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my son an Xbox one for Christmas, so, my question is, if I register the Xbox to my account can I download the games that I already own to the new Xbox and then play against my son? Would it work like 2 players on the same console only difference would be it's 2 separate consoles but we are on the same network.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the way you can do this is both of you have to have a Gold account, and your son's console has to be set up as your home console. That way any games you have downloaded on the home console are shared. Then you download your profile to the second Xbone and download your game. At that point you both just play together over Live, or on LAN (maybe, not sure if the permissions change) on your game of choice. I'm not 100% sure on this method, but if I understand how MS has sharing and home consoles set up, it may just work. If anyone wants to correct me here, feel free.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do this with my brother in law its called game sharing only one of you needs to have xbox live and you set your kids xbox one as your home xbox with your profile and set your xbox one as your kids home xbox then you can download and play each others games and only 1 of you need to have xbox live because if you share games you share your xbox live gold with every profile on the xbox one. Need more info just message me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters