• Replies 3,818
  • Likes 6

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble with Devolution. I have a CleanRip iso in the games folder on my USB drive (formatted Fat32), yet when I mount it, it just shows
<disk://games>Disc ID 00000000
It doesn't let me select my game. Am I doing something wrong?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of trouble with Devolution. I have a CleanRip iso in the games folder on my USB drive (formatted Fat32), yet when I mount it, it just shows
<disk://games>Disc ID 00000000
It doesn't let me select my game. Am I doing something wrong?
That means it's not finding it. It could mean it's not on the first partition (USB1) if you have multiple partitions or it could mean you're accidentally telling it to open the SD card instead of USB or that the ISO isn't directly in (for example) USB1:/games/mario.iso since it won't find them if it's in any sub-folders. Worst case is that your USB drive just isn't compatible with Devolution.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any other USB devices plugged in, and I'm making sure to select USB and not SD.
...or that the ISO isn't directly in (for example) USB1:/games/mario.iso since it won't find them if it's in any sub-folders.
Are you saying the game SHOULDN'T be in /games? That's where mine is now.
Worst case is that your USB drive just isn't compatible with Devolution.
I've got a few extra drives on hand, I'll give 'em a try.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Are you saying the game SHOULDN'T be in /games? That's where mine is now.
I've got a few extra drives on hand, I'll give 'em a try.
sorry if I wasn't clear. they SHOULD be right in the folder like you have them. I was just making sure I understood right. That part you're doing right at least.

Hope another drive works for you. If not, it's almost always something simple ... just something so small that it gets overlooked.

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the current ways to get audio streaming to work for some NGC titles? such as Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. Are there any loaders that support games with audio streaming? Is the loader the main concern to get GC audio streaming to work? I know I have a d2pro chip that uses a GC audio streaming fix. But I believe that d2pro chip only reads physical discs.

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to load normal gamecube games using dios mios? I read you can have miosv10 installed at the same time as dios mios.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What are the current ways to get audio streaming to work for some NGC titles? such as Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. Are there any loaders that support games with audio streaming? Is the loader the main concern to get GC audio streaming to work? I know I have a d2pro chip that uses a GC audio streaming fix. But I believe that d2pro chip only reads physical discs.

Devolution is the only solution for now for audio streaming and the support does not depend on the loader. DIOS MIOS might or might not get streaming support later.

Is it possible to load normal gamecube games using dios mios? I read you can have miosv10 installed at the same time as dios mios.

As DIOS MIOS replaces system MIOS you can only have one MIOS or replacement installed at one time. You can load normal gamecube games with DM, but if using the USB version, USB harddrive has to be connected.

element73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devolution is the only solution for now for audio streaming and the support does not depend on the loader. DIOS MIOS might or might not get streaming support later.

As DIOS MIOS replaces system MIOS you can only have one MIOS or replacement installed at one time. You can load normal gamecube games with DM, but if using the USB version, USB harddrive has to be connected.
can you tell me where is this DM usb version? In here I downloaded the DM 2.7 real nand version. I don't understand how you could tell which one is the usb version.

To clarify, with the DM usb version I will be able to use my original gamecube discs? As long as I have my usb drive connected to my wii?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
can you tell me where is this DM usb version? In here I downloaded the DM 2.7 real nand version. I don't understand how you could tell which one is the usb version.

To clarify, with the DM usb version I will be able to use my original gamecube discs? As long as I have my usb drive connected to my wii?
Yes, original disks as long as USB is connected.

To be clear on that link, Dios Mios is the USB version and Dios Mios Lite is the SD version.

Rockohoward

Drowned in a well
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have an issue with Wiimote desyncing once you load a VC/Wiiware game from USB Loader GX? And if so, is there a fix for this? I tried booting a few titles and the controller no longer syncs with the system and does not want to resync using the sync button but got goes back to normal once the system is reset.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does anyone have an issue with Wiimote desyncing once you load a VC/Wiiware game from USB Loader GX? And if so, is there a fix for this? I tried booting a few titles and the controller no longer syncs with the system and does not want to resync using the sync button but got goes back to normal once the system is reset.
I have that problem. The only real fix to it that I'vw found that seems to work is to make sure all your wiimotes area synced with your real NAND and then extract the config files to emuNAND with GX in the features options near the bottom.

Questl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a quick question that I haven't seen asked yet:
In USB Loader GX I've got two USB drives hooked up, one 16G flash drive which stores all of my GC backups, and a partitioned Western Digital HHD that stores Wii backups, with music and moves etc. on the other partition. I've tried everything I can, but it seems the loader can only ever see one flash drive at a time. Both are compatible, if I switch where they're plugged in, the one in slot 0 works correctly, but I can't get it to find both. Is there a way to do this automatically, or at least toggle between the two?
Thanks in advance, love you guys!

Rockohoward

Drowned in a well
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that problem. The only real fix to it that I'vw found that seems to work is to make sure all your wiimotes area synced with your real NAND and then extract the config files to emuNAND with GX in the features options near the bottom.

Thanks that fixed the issue. It's been a pain in my ass for awhile

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here's a quick question that I haven't seen asked yet:
In USB Loader GX I've got two USB drives hooked up, one 16G flash drive which stores all of my GC backups, and a partitioned Western Digital HHD that stores Wii backups, with music and moves etc. on the other partition. I've tried everything I can, but it seems the loader can only ever see one flash drive at a time. Both are compatible, if I switch where they're plugged in, the one in slot 0 works correctly, but I can't get it to find both. Is there a way to do this automatically, or at least toggle between the two?
Thanks in advance, love you guys!
You need specific cIOS:
- Hermes cIOS 4 or 5.1
- d2x v9
- d2x v10-alternative

if you use one of these cIOS as main IOS in the loader, you can select both USB ports at the same time.
Go to Settings > HDD settings > USB port = both
Enable the "mount all partition" option in order to list all games from all partitions from all active HDDs.

GameCube backups can be either on the first or the second USB port, but DIOS MIOS will only try Port1 if Port0 couldn't be mounted.
So, if you use DIOS MIOS, put your gamecube backups on port0, or else it will successfully mount port0 but won't find games giving you an error instead of trying port1.

Questl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube backups can be either on the first or the second USB port, but DIOS MIOS will only try Port1 if Port0 couldn't be mounted.
So, if you use DIOS MIOS, put your gamecube backups on port0, or else it will successfully mount port0 but won't find games giving you an error instead of trying port1.

Hence, if I want to watch movies etc. in WiiMC, I'll need to have the GC backups in the same partition/drive as the movies, since both must be plugged into port0...if I understood that.

Drat. Thanks for the info, I think perhaps I'll just try dumping everything into the HDD and making it fit...

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I need some help I recently used Wiibackup manager to take all my games off of my WBFS drive so that I could format it to FAT32, I got ISOs (which are massive) however I noticed on another HDD I had if I use a backup launcher to rip the game myself I get a folder with some stuff and it's way smaller how can I convert all of my ISOs to these kinds of folders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one