• Replies 3,824
  • Likes 6

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
How can I make channels on the Wii that links to games on a USB device?
I remember doing it before but I can't find how to do it again..
Also, what does installing cIOS give me? Is it worth it?

Finwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, here's the situation: I sold my Wii for a friend, last year, and now I want to play Zelda SS. I'm planning to buy a copy of the game. But the Wii is modchiped, and I wanna know if I can run the game without updating the firmware. Is it possible? What do I need to do this?

Thanks in advance guys. If there's any mistake, please forgive me.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Finwen said:
Hey, here's the situation: I sold my Wii for a friend, last year, and now I want to play Zelda SS. I'm planning to buy a copy of the game. But the Wii is modchiped, and I wanna know if I can run the game without updating the firmware. Is it possible? What do I need to do this?

Thanks in advance guys. If there's any mistake, please forgive me.
Yes. Block updates with Priiloader and, if you need to, update your IOS's. Both can be done from ModMii.

Timic83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The new Wii redesign introduced in Europe and unfortunately coming soon to America and Australia... will that still work with all these mods?

Also, can one (hard?)mod a non-GC Backup compatitable Wii into one?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new Wii redesign introduced in Europe and unfortunately coming soon to America and Australia... will that still work with all these mods?

Also, can one (hard?)mod a non-GC Backup compatitable Wii into one?
It hasn't been released yet, so we don't know. As for the GC question, I asked the same question a few months ago, just to see if it was technically possible. Even if you could, it wouldn't be playable due to the lack of GC ports.

fafoin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a couple questions. I think I am in the right topic but feel free to redirect me to a better topic if needs be.

1. I installed many things on my Wii through my SD card. Now that everything is installed, what can i delete and what must I keep on the card? Things like Wads, etc...

2. I have Rock Band 3 which I run from my HDD with USB Loader GX. I have some problems with my SD Card and DLC contents. I was successful to download a couple songs but they all went to my Wii Memory. When I rebooted the game, it asked me if I wanted to put all add-on contents to my SD card and I clicked yes but then, there was an error and they disabled the SD card. After, I decided to transfer the files to my SD card manually and everything went well (no error at startups, could play the songs) until I tried to download more songs.

I tried to put the songs on my SD card manually but this time, it said the file is already on my SD. When I boot the game, the new songs are missing (but the first songs I downloaded are still there and working).

How can I make all the songs work from my SD card?

weltall_of_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wanted to know if there is a way to play gamecube games on a softmodded black wii. I remember about a swiss homebrew program but I never tried it when I read about it. Well since dvd drive is not an option tahts leaves the usb port (probably impossible) and sd card.

I wanted to know if there is a way to play gamecube games on a softmodded black wii. I remember about a swiss homebrew program but I never tried it when I read about it. Well since dvd drive is not an option that leaves the usb port (probably impossible) and sd card.

Gameking-4

Demon of the mist
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wanted to know if there is a way to play gamecube games on a softmodded black wii. I remember about a swiss homebrew program but I never tried it when I read about it. Well since dvd drive is not an option tahts leaves the usb port (probably impossible) and sd card.

I wanted to know if there is a way to play gamecube games on a softmodded black wii. I remember about a swiss homebrew program but I never tried it when I read about it. Well since dvd drive is not an option that leaves the usb port (probably impossible) and sd card.

you can't usb-load GC games. Only via disc, IF you have the right mod-chip

weltall_of_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes the only thing I know that will help me is replacing the wii drive which I definitively don't want to do.

Would SD Gecko help if I will be able to find one that is.

kingtai927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
!Help!
Rune factory Tides of Destiny wont work on CFG USB Loader with black screen
is anyone having this problem/ fixed it?
Please Reply!!!
icon9.gif

lynxk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently tried out running Xenoblade chronicles. It seems to load fine on the wii home screen (you can see the logo). But when I try Neogamma, it says "reading disc" then sends me off to an error message telling me to read some instructions manual.

I've googled this alot and could not find a solution.
Many say that this is caused by dirty lens.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
I really wanna play this game but I've no idea how to make it work.
Any help is highly appreciated!

Jalila13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I downloaded the configurable channel on my wii (with my backups on an sd card) anyway I have v65 248 COnfigurable USB Loader but I want 249 do I have to do the WHOLE proccess over again or is it just a part of it?

Jinjos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get config USB loader to work on my Wii. I can't get cISO248 to install though. I tried downloading some WAD and using wadmanager but it wont show up in the HBC. Everytime i try and run the USB loader it says the ciso isn't installed. Can anyone help? Please and thank you!

EDIT: I have my backups on my 2tb hard drive with all my media backups too, will playing the isos on it mess with the other files? Basically, do I need a hard drive specifically for my Wii, or can it have other stuff on it?

y0wni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to get config USB loader to work on my Wii. I can't get cISO248 to install though. I tried downloading some WAD and using wadmanager but it wont show up in the HBC. Everytime i try and run the USB loader it says the ciso isn't installed. Can anyone help? Please and thank you!

EDIT: I have my backups on my 2tb hard drive with all my media backups too, will playing the isos on it mess with the other files? Basically, do I need a hard drive specifically for my Wii, or can it have other stuff on it?

you can have other stuff on it, like I have, I hide all my wii related folders so my family can use it for family pictures ;D, also IOS249 is needed for the loader, atleast I use that one.
I had a problem once too and installed a few IOSes, http://gbatemp.net/topic/312200-helpadata-classic-ch94-doesnt-work-with-any-usbloader/ , I was helped here.

Also I got a question myself, my hackmii won't boot anymore from HBC and I'd like to make a NAND back-up to prepare myself for the upcoming updates and what not.
Could I just re-hack my wii by just installing hackmii again without installing other IOSES?, or is there any other trick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet