• Replies 3,824
  • Likes 6

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Both me and my friend use USB Loader GX. I've used mine to copy retail disc games to my hard drive, but when my friend does it, his games don't seem to have copied properly and freeze up and have bugs. I seem to recall quite a while ago there was a bug or something, probably some IOS or cIOS file or something, that made USB Loader GX do buggy copies, and I probably fixed this on my own Wii but he didn't fix it on his. What files should he replace with what files (or which versions) so that his copying works perfectly? And what is the easiest installer to use to do this?

draketcg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I've installed everything I need to play on the HDD, I use the CFG Loader... But the problem is when I quit the game...
I was playing NSMB, but when I wanted to quit(Home -> Wii Menu) the Wiimote stopped answering and the Wii presented me with a black screen.. I just turned off the console and turned on again and it was ok, no problem at all...

I've already played a game via HDD before(Link Crossbow Training) and nothing happened, but I'm afraid this is a problem and would like to know if I did something wrong... My Wii is 4.3U and both games are NTSC-U...
Thanks in advance

duncanm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Struggling to get Triiforce MRC to work.

Edit:
Got Mighty Channels working fine instead \o/

As an additional question, is there a way to get the home brew channel to run off the hard drive rather than the SD card?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading to a 1TB HDD tomorrow.
I have an older Wii capable of DVDx (and has it installed) I remember this question coming up when I asked somewhere else.

Is it possible for me to run Gamecube games on my Wii? I've got a few I've missed out on that I'd enjoy playing with the remote (hooked up to the Wii), I do have an adapter to hook the Gamecube to the PC but it's not as authentic to me.

Another question:
I don't like leaving the SD in the drive. What's the best way to set up a USB Loader (currently using USB Loader GX, if another one is truly worth swapping out for I'd do it though).
What is the easiest way to have the HDD setup to have everything possible running from there.

My current setup on my 200GB HDD:
160GB - WBFS for Wii games
40GB - NTFS(or FAT32, but I think NTFS) for GB/GBC/NES/SNES/GBA/SMS/etc games

What I actually want:
Wii games - Probably won't need more than 500-600GB of space for these, there are a ton of games I enjoy, but I doubt I'll need more room than that.
?GB - All roms
?GB - Stuff for channels and stuff, I remember vaguely that some forwarders let me run off USB instead of SD, this is what I want to do, but I haven't seen any of those things around GBAtemp lately. What's the best way to run all of these so they are updatable (like SD card) off my USB? My USB loader too.

Also not sure if I should make those last 2 into simply one partition or not.

Do Gamecube games need a certain type of partition? A lot of space? I could probably think of 20-40 GC games I'd play the crap out of off the top of my head.

--
Got all my questions answered it seems.
I'm not sure any ROMs can run on NTFS instead of FAT32, so I made a 500GB WBFS partition, 200GB for future of possibility of playing GC games partition, and 250GB FAT32 partition for all ROMS/HBC stuff.

kensoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i heard lots of rumors so i'm gonna ask

is true that exist a gamecube usb loader, but it is nota working fully operational???????????

gmule1

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a problem with my usb loader GX 2.0.

The drama is that, although I can "see" multiple ISO titles in GX, only the first title in the menu will load. The others will black screen.

These ISO's work through the "Mount DVD" option in USB Loader GX 2.0, and if I copy one file onto my drive, GX will play it fine, regardless of which title I choose.

The same problem occurs in Wiiflow, and it is not dependant on what manager I use (WBFS Manager or Wii Backup Manager). I am using a WBFS formatted USB stick.

What have I forgotten?

I have trawled through the forums, with no luck on a solution.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just getting using all the regular stuff under my belt lol, my understanding was SNEEK stuff was a bit more advanced and I just got this back up and running after I killed it from updating it (I bought it soft-modded and apparently it was about a year and a half out of date). Anyway, a lovely google search found me the file, I am hoping it works with either cfg with disc load or neo gamma. Maybe when I have another couple days to kill and read up on sneek goodies I will give it a shot, but thanks anyway!
smile.gif

[EDIT] Works great it seems with either
biggrin.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all,

it had been a long time since I last update my Wii.

Right now, I am a little confused on how and what should I do.

I am running USB Loader, and my last update is nearly 2 years ago. (Done by my friend)

I do know that updating of Wii firmware is a no-no.
May I know what other stuff do I need to update my firmware and how?
For instance,: CIOS and?

Is it still the same by transferring the game from PC to HDD using WBFS manager?

Much appreciate!
Thanks!

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Josho: Really, updating a wii firmware is not a nono. But okay, if you think so. It doesn't really matter, but some games might not work on your firmware (like Your Shape). When you say USB Loader, do you mean GX or Cfg. Right now, most people use cfg usb loader. There are some new cIOS rev's that you might want to try (d2x). And now, usually you don't use wbfs manager, you use Wii Backup Manager (and fat32 instead of WBFS). It's usually better that way. I would use modmii to install what I just discussed.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
M1r0 said:
Josho: Really, updating a wii firmware is not a nono. But okay, if you think so. It doesn't really matter, but some games might not work on your firmware (like Your Shape). When you say USB Loader, do you mean GX or Cfg. Right now, most people use cfg usb loader. There are some new cIOS rev's that you might want to try (d2x). And now, usually you don't use wbfs manager, you use Wii Backup Manager (and fat32 instead of WBFS). It's usually better that way. I would use modmii to install what I just discussed.

Mod Mii- Seem like ModMii - to update the firmware, right?

cIOS -
Oh yeah, thats what I meant. Updating the cIOS firmware instead the original. My bad.
I'm sorry, do you mean the latest cIOS rev is now d2x?
After downloading, I put the files in SD card, slot to Wii and update it? Or I can use the wifi to update automatically?
is this the cIOS rev d2x for DL??

For Wii backup manager, is this the link? What happened if I have the existing the games in my HDD, which I used the WBFS to transfer before?

I think mine is cfg USB loader.

Basically, there's 3 things that I need to update for now. Wii firmware using ModMii, cIOS and Wii Backup Manager?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sosig