• Likes 6

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.
yay.gif

EDIT:
Huh? Now when I try to install, I get "ret error -1035" or something...
huh.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, download Trucha Bug Restorer, start it, reload IOS202, downgrade IOS15, restart trucha bug restorer, reload IOS15, go to IOS36 menu, enable all four patches and install, and if it ask from where, select download from nus. After this, start the IOS249 installer and select IOS36.

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
It worked! Everything is running smoothly.

Thank you ever so much for all your help and patience. If more people were like you, the world would be a better place.

Much obliged.
smile.gif

Flibbidyfloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, download Trucha Bug Restorer, start it, reload IOS202, downgrade IOS15, restart trucha bug restorer, reload IOS15, go to IOS36 menu, enable all four patches and install, and if it ask from where, select download from nus. After this, start the IOS249 installer and select IOS36.

This worked for me with one exception: I was using Hermes cIOS202 installer, and I had to choose IOS202 (Homebrew) and IOS38 (default) for it to work. Thanks for the help. Now if I could just get my channel creation to work for once
frown.gif

jjarmis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
My Wii doesnt reads any SD Card

Im on 4.3 and I have tried alot of SD cards and none of them work.

The Wii reads them but says ¨the device inserted cannot be used¨

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Or any solution?

I had this exact same problem. Everything worked fine until I updated to 4.2 and then the SD card slot would not allow any SD cards to be read. I ended up calling Nintendo and they fixed it for free because before the update it was working.

Cardeecore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i softmodded my wii a while back, and havnt really been up to date with the latest stuff thas going on.
Anyway i saw the idea of having the HDD in fat32/ntfs to store the games on and play.
SO i converted the games wfbs format updated to rev20 and new wiiflow etc etc.
Everything works great, the only problem i have is with super smash brothers.
The game looks like it is there, it downloaded the cover for it in wiiflow, but when you look at it, it doesnt load up the start up song for that disc then about 5secs later all the covers go black and then it just freezes and goes to code dump.

So i thought maybe i have a bad rip, or when converting the game to wbfs it screwd up.
so i found the dvd of smash bros and re ripped it converted to wbfs with wii back upmanager. Still the same problem, i tested on the on the 2nd i have wii and same problem,

So i decided to format a usb stick to a wbfs partition, and put the smash bros iso on and see if that would work, and it does
So if this is something to do with dual layer file size not liking being a wbfs format, or you just cant do it for this game, im not to sure.

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else i cant seem to find anything. lol

Cota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really noob question but easy to answer.
If an IOS has trucha bug fixed, what does that mean: the IOS has the trucha bug or has it been removed?
Fixed makes me believe that its eliminated but Darkcorp still works. So fixed means its still there or removed, because i updated with pimp my wii and always checked to use the trucha bug on every ios.

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I've got a noob question that I cant seem to find a definitive answer on here or via google. I'm probably not searching for the right thing but I'm sure you guys can answer my question...

What exactly is stored in the nand, is it all the ios files and all the saves? (as well as the boot info)

I want to know how often I should back it up.

Thanks

Monkeydunk.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Monkeydunk said:
Hi I've got a noob question that I cant seem to find a definitive answer on here or via google. I'm probably not searching for the right thing but I'm sure you guys can answer my question...

What exactly is stored in the nand, is it all the ios files and all the saves? (as well as the boot info)

I want to know how often I should back it up.

Thanks

Monkeydunk.
You only really need to backup your nand once. A nand is effectively a backup of your wii prior to after you made the nand.

QUOTE(muck chucker @ Aug 31 2010, 03:50 PM) Can anyone tell me if usbloader gx is still been updated seems to of been a while on the website if not what is the best alternative.
I don't know if GX is being updated but a good alternative would be Configurable USB loader.

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
You only really need to backup your nand once. A nand is effectively a backup of your wii prior to after you made the nand.
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I restore it will it also restore my saves back to the state they were in when I backed it up or are they stored in a different location?

Monkeydunk.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Monkeydunk said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

If I restore it will it also restore my saves back to the state they were in when I backed it up or are they stored in a different location?

Monkeydunk.
I would assume so. I'm not sure though as I never had to restore my wii using a nand backup. I'm 75% sure it should restore your saves.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
Monkeydunk said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

Monkeydunk.
I would assume so. I'm not sure though as I never had to restore my wii using a nand backup. I'm 75% sure it should restore your saves.

Saves are included in a nand backup, just so you know. But if you wanna just backup and restore the saves use savegame manager by waninkoko

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twoacross said:
Just a quick question:

When i tried burning brawl, ive noticed straight off the bat that it was bigger than 4.7gb in size. Then i noticed it was a dual layered disc game

with Metroid Other M coming soon, it will be dual layered as well, is there a way around it?

Thanks!

Either burn with a dual layer disk or use a usb loader with hermes cios 222.

naruses said:
My Wii doesnt reads any SD Card

Im on 4.3 and I have tried alot of SD cards and none of them work.

The Wii reads them but says ¨the device inserted cannot be used¨

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Or any solution?

Either it's the wii or the sd cards are the wrong format. They need to be FAT32 with a Master Boot Record partition map.

kakashi309 said:
How can I get wfbs manager to see my usb flash drive? I am trying to use my 8gb usb flash drive with my softmodded wii.

You need to format it to wfbs, I usually use usb loader cfg. Just load usb loader cfg and when it finds no wfbs drive it will give you the option to format, then press 1 to select wfbs format.

QUOTE(The Composer @ Aug 17 2010, 06:04 PM) Easy-to-answer question:

What's the difference between USB Loader, USB Loader GX and Ultimate USB Loader GX?

USB loader is the original usb loader by waninkoko and has the least features. USB Loader GX is based on Waninkoko's USB loader but has a load more features. And I have no idea what Ultimate USB Loader GX, there is a USB loader named Ultimate USB loader, but no Ultimate USB Loader GX.

QUOTE(mrpuppt @ Aug 19 2010, 08:31 PM)
Greetz! I bought a relatively new Wii from a family member, but it had been updated to 4.3 They had put the Homebrew channel on there through Indianna Pwns exploit, and Hack mii. I'm not sure what else they did or didn't do, but I decided to use a guide from another popular site, which used a downloadable mod pack. I followed all the instructions, and now had USB Loader GX on the system menu, along with supposedly all the files I need. I can use homebrew apps just fine, some even from the hd, as I have part of it partitioned for Fat32. I set up the external Hard Drive, and USB Loader recognized it, and the games on it. I downloaded the box and such just fine. However, whatever game I try to load, it just sits there at a blank screen.

Any ideas? Is there a file that didn't install with the mod pack? Or is it something with the HD? I can see the games on the drive, when hooked to the pc. USB Loader loads up the game box art when I start it up. It just goes and hangs on a black screen when I try to launch a game from it. I've tried several older and newer and get the same result.

Any help would be appriciated.

I think the problem is that you don't have a cIOS installed, google cIOS rev20, install that and post the results

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been trying to get USB loader running, but so far no luck. Now I'm in need for some help, I'd be very grateful
smile.gif

My Wii is a PAL console on 3.1 and I have a wiikey v1 firmware 1.99
I have no Hermes, but I do have cIOS rev13b I believe. Though I've been changing some IOS'es to get Rock Band/Guitar Hero store crack and instruments work properly (using disc channel)

I've tried to connect my HD (an enclosed Hitachi drive), but it says I have a slow USB device and doesn't connect to it. It does get power from the wii though, since I can hear it spin.

I've tried 3 different USB sticks (Corsair, Kingston and Sony I think) and everything has the same result as described above.

Now I have 4 questions:
1. Is it possible that everything works correctly and USB loader just says the same thing for 3 USB sticks and one HDD (taking 30 seconds, saying my USB device runs slow and in the end saying no USB device was detected)?
2. I should be on cIOS rev13b, but I may have overwritten some IOS's such as 37, to have Rock Band/Guitar Hero function properly. If I add a new cIOS will I be able to play Rock Band normally using both USB slots for instruments through the disc channel (since I have a wiikey)?
3. Will the Rock Band Store crack still function properly?
4. Which cIOS should I get? The ones I see often are rev17, rev19 and rev20b?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rammoth said:
Hi all,

I've been trying to get USB loader running, but so far no luck. Now I'm in need for some help, I'd be very grateful
smile.gif

I have no Hermes, but I do have cIOS rev13b I believe. Though I've been changing some IOS'es to get Rock Band/Guitar Hero store crack and instruments work properly (using disc channel)

I've tried to connect my HD (an enclosed Hitachi drive), but it says I have a slow USB device and doesn't connect to it. It does get power from the wii though, since I can hear it spin.

I've tried 3 different USB sticks (Corsair, Kingston and Sony I think) and everything has the same result as described above.

Now I have 4 questions:
1. Is it possible that everything works correctly and USB loader just says the same thing for 3 USB sticks and one HDD (taking 30 seconds, saying my USB device runs slow and in the end saying no USB device was detected)?
2. I should be on cIOS rev13b, but I may have overwritten some IOS's such as 37, to have Rock Band/Guitar Hero function properly. If I add a new cIOS will I be able to play Rock Band normally using both USB slots for instruments through the disc channel (since I have a wiikey)?
1. Are you sure you have it in the right port? It must go in the bottom port.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Rev20b

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Rammoth said:
Hi all,

smile.gif

Now I have 4 questions:
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Rev20b

Thanks
smile.gif
Yeah, I've tried both slots.

It should be able to work without hermes right?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rammoth said:
Krestent said:
Rammoth said:
Hi all,

smile.gif

Now I have 4 questions:
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Rev20b

Thanks
smile.gif
Yeah, I've tried both slots.

It should be able to work without hermes right?
Yes. Try upgrading to cIOS rev20b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: