• Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

castface

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI;
I'm using USB-cg-loader 57a & IOS 36 as IOS 249. I am using a WD My Home Essiential 500 GB HDD on my Wii. I have almos 80 games, but I can't get soe of them to work (ie. "Scrabble Interactive"). I've tried downloading it 6 times, all were which different versions (1:1, WBFS, CISO, ISO, etc), but none of them worked. Do I need IOS 37/38/60 installed to get it to work & do I have to merge them? If so, how (please explain step-by-step)? Please respond asap. Thx.

Posts merged

HI;
I'm using USB-cg-loader 57a & IOS 36 as IOS 249. I am using a WD My Home Essiential 500 GB HDD on my Wii. I have almos 80 games, but I can't get soe of them to work (ie. "Scrabble Interactive"). I've tried downloading it 6 times, all were which different versions (1:1, WBFS, CISO, ISO, etc), but none of them worked. Do I need IOS 37/38/60 installed to get it to work & do I have to merge them? If so, how (please explain step-by-step)? Please respond asap. Thx.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just installed NeoGamma on my Wii and want to play SMG2. My Wii is PAL. Will NeoGamma autopatch it?

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Gnargle, is it an ISO or an original copy?
If it's an ISO, you might change the options to "Force PAL60" or similar. If it's an original copy, idk if that works, but maybe you should still try.
That is, considering your version is NTSC.

Now... I've got a question (as always)... My USB Loader GX doesn't seem to work properly; when it opens, it says there are no partitions that can be used (or something like that) and then asks me to choose. I choose the partition (FAT), and the two games installed on my little pendrive (New SMB Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2) appear to be recognized by the loader... With the menu sounds and all. But whenever I try to start the game, little dots appear and everything's frozen.
I suspect that may have something to be with the pendrive being incorrectly formatted, or maybe it's about the cIOS (hope it's not that, since I followed the guides correctly and my DOP-IOS MOD says all the IOS that had to be stubbed were already modified successfully). Whatever it is, what happened and what can I do to use it?
And also, reformatting my device didn't do crap.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do I start my own posts? stupid question but im not sure. I know you can post new topics when reading a post but i don't know how to start a post myself and choose the section.
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XLarge said:
is there any chance that a gamecube backup launcher with hard drive support will be available in the near future?
Noone knows
It might be next month, it might be never

QUOTE(Daidude @ May 22 2010, 09:10 PM) how do I start my own posts? stupid question but im not sure. I know you can post new topics when reading a post but i don't know how to start a post myself and choose the section.
unsure.gif
You mean start your own topic? Click "new topic" on the top right in the section you want to create it.

patoons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question...

does USB loader work with a USB hub?? i have a 16 gb usb drive for usb loader. ssbb takes almost 7 gb, i wanted to get another 8 gb flash drive just for ssbb, and the 16 for everything else.

patoons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XLarge said:
is there any chance that a gamecube backup launcher with hard drive support will be available in the near future?

I read when the wii is in gc mode things like Bluetooth and USb shut down since gc didn't have all that stuff going on. so it's an issue of bypassing or preventing the stuff from shutting down.

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there!

I'm having problems running New Super Mario Bros. Wii (PAL) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (NTSC) on a system 4.2 EU/PAL Wii (I bought it on launch date so it's one of the "original"/"first-gen" systems). I installed the Homebrew Channel along with patched IOS and such to run backups both from the Wii menu and from the Homebrew Channel in October 2009. In addition to that, I have a chip running YAOSM.

My problem:

I was able to run NSMBW after doing the IOS patching and such last year. However, it has been a while since I used my Wii, and when I tried to start NeoGamma R7 today in order to launch SMG2 from there, it didn't even start, but only gave me a black screen and the Wii froze (the light on the Wii Remote went out). I also can't seem to run SMG2 from the disk channel.

My question, I guess, is whether something could have removed my patched IOSes and whatever else is needed for NeoGamma to run, and games to launch? Is there some kind of checklist I can use to ensure that I have all the right things, and what I can do to update whatever I need to update? Can I check whether a system update has somehow overwritten my "patch work"?

Thanks!

Edit: Tried SoftChip R102, and it causes my Wii to stop responding as well. I don't remember if I upgraded to 4.2 before I patched my Wii, but I am fairly sure I did that since I made sure I was using the latest system update when I installed the patches, and 4.2 was apparently released in September, whereas I did the patching towards the middle of October.

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
umm... after i install DARKCORP will it still fuction even if i remove the sd card? how safe is DARKCORP? i was able to install neogamma but i want to use darkcorp instead.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I already answered u in the modify any wii thread, quit trolling, wait more than 2 minutes before repeating a question (especially when most people are asleep right now)

XFlak said:
AlphaOne said:
will DARKCORP function even with the sd card removed after installation?
yes

edit: mods, i know this is a "one word response" but that is all that was required to answer the question! Besides, now with this edit, its a lot longer than one word! So there
wink.gif
lol

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks sir XFlak, im just a little cautious cause its not my wii i'm going to mod.(hehehe) I'm modding my nephew's wii so i can have mine back. already 60hrs in MHTri, i don't wanna do over. Thanks again.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with an ISO I'm trying to put on my HDD through WBFS Intelligent GUI. It's Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, and when I load it in through the file explorer, the ID says pen dis, the Game says .c file, and the Size says '~1.ISO.

I've re-downloaded it twice, as well as extracting it multiple times, but it keeps doing that. I don't want to download it again, and I can't find a different download, because they are all the same.

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waitaminute said:
Hi there!

I'm having problems running New Super Mario Bros. Wii (PAL) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (NTSC) on a system 4.2 EU/PAL Wii (I bought it on launch date so it's one of the "original"/"first-gen" systems). I installed the Homebrew Channel along with patched IOS and such to run backups both from the Wii menu and from the Homebrew Channel in October 2009. In addition to that, I have a chip running YAOSM.

My problem:

I was able to run NSMBW after doing the IOS patching and such last year. However, it has been a while since I used my Wii, and when I tried to start NeoGamma R7 today in order to launch SMG2 from there, it didn't even start, but only gave me a black screen and the Wii froze (the light on the Wii Remote went out). I also can't seem to run SMG2 from the disk channel.

My question, I guess, is whether something could have removed my patched IOSes and whatever else is needed for NeoGamma to run, and games to launch? Is there some kind of checklist I can use to ensure that I have all the right things, and what I can do to update whatever I need to update? Can I check whether a system update has somehow overwritten my "patch work"?

Thanks!

Edit: Tried SoftChip R102, and it causes my Wii to stop responding as well. I don't remember if I upgraded to 4.2 before I patched my Wii, but I am fairly sure I did that since I made sure I was using the latest system update when I installed the patches, and 4.2 was apparently released in September, whereas I did the patching towards the middle of October.
I realize this post may be too lenghty for this thread.

Is it acceptable if I move it to a new thread?

D

Deleted_171835

I tried using USB Loader GX with my Iomega Prestige 1TB HDD.
It brought a message stating that the device wasn't found.

I plugged the device in to the Wii using the included USB cable. Any solutions/suggestions?

Edit1: I think I got it . I didn't install IOS249...
Edit2: Yay! It works now!

Jeynt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to install CIOS 17 through IOS249 my wiimote dies out and my wii refuses to recognize it. What's the problem? Thanks.

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/