Software
Homebrew Channel
Backup Loader Gamma002fix_r2
Backup Loader v03 beta

I have found that I am unable to play some titles eg:

Super Mario Bros
Beatles
Cars O Rama

and would like to know what I need to do/update my console in order to do this.

I am using a SDCard to run the applications to playback discs in the console.

Thanks in advance!!

I like to know this as well

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i'm not really a newbie, but i figured this would be categorized under quick
smile.gif

(really simple question, nothing important really.. would rather the other question got answered tbh) i've got a 4.2u wii (release wii, camped out for it...) with bootmii on boot2 or whatever its called and i do infact have CIOS38 Rev14 installed, but whenever i try to boot up USB Loader GX i get error: cannot load CIOS or something along those lines, basically saying i dont have a CIOS thrown on it.

nowwww, do i HAVE to have 222 and 223 installed to get it to boot at all? i was under the impression it only needs 249, which both neogamma and configurable USB loader both work fine w/.

thanks in advance

EDIT: just removed the question about music, did much googling and sifting through various crap sites and finally found the answer.. mad props to GAF's huge site dedicated to the configurable loader
smile.gif
http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options if you were wondering

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just have some quick questions: (some of which have probably been answered here, but I could not find them.)

- Will this flash drive work for GX? I know it should, but I want to make sure 100%.
- Is it necessary to patch IOS36 if I can already install wads/cIOS files fine via Wad manager/network connection?
- How many games would I be able to fit on an 8 GB flash drive? I know normally the sizes are 4.7 GB, and I don't want to spend $23 if I can only fit 1-2 games on it...
- How well do scrubbed games work? (I've heard mixed answers about this one.)

raztheraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have been having problems with the WBFS manager 3.0.1.

It used to work for me but today when i tried to open it, i got an empty window....

Here is what im dealing with:
67073432.jpg

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone actually answer any of these?

Wynd

1NOOB - Use preloader or priiloader, and set it to skip updates.

Also you can use wiu 1.1 (google it) to remove the updates, etc. before you burnt/copy the game.

Additionally, USB loader has an option to block too.

Use preloader is your best option.

Wynd

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
raztheraz

Reinstall microsoft net. framework, or update it. You require that to run the application. Also, look into using a 64x or 32x of WBFS, as Vista is specific on those. It may have worked for awhile, but sometimes it kicks you in the ass weeks, months later.

Wynd

driz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've backed all of my WII games up to a USB drive and have been playing them in this manner. I've got the originals stored so the discs won't get damaged or anything. I just bought a WII laser cleaner dvd from best buy and I assume my WII is in tip top shape. That all being said, if i want to play back-up dvds instead of using my originals (i dont really want to download other people's ISOs... who knows what's been done!) can i just plug my USB into my pc, using my wbfs manager to copy the games to my hd, convert the file to iso, run it through wiiscrubber and just make a multi-dvd?

I know the wbfs scrubs or something, would it maintain this once removed from the wbfs? I believe I read somewhere that it would not. Anyway, just wondering. thanks in advance

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
driz said:
I've backed all of my WII games up to a USB drive and have been playing them in this manner. I've got the originals stored so the discs won't get damaged or anything. I just bought a WII laser cleaner dvd from best buy and I assume my WII is in tip top shape. That all being said, if i want to play back-up dvds instead of using my originals (i dont really want to download other people's ISOs... who knows what's been done!) can i just plug my USB into my pc, using my wbfs manager to copy the games to my hd, convert the file to iso, run it through wiiscrubber and just make a multi-dvd?

I know the wbfs scrubs or something, would it maintain this once removed from the wbfs? I believe I read somewhere that it would not. Anyway, just wondering. thanks in advance
you could make multi-game using wii scrubber but you have to do it manually. as far as i remember you could import up to 3 partitions only. you have to choose a mother game where to import the other game partitions that you want to be included in the multi-disc game. after making an iso with several game partitions, you have to burn of course the iso to a dvd then load it using "multiboot".

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
Sorry for my noobish question, I have a Wii running 3.2E, with WiiKey, only a HBC is installed and a gecko loader, but I can't play with new super mario bros, do i need to install a cios, or is there an easier solution?:|
Thanks!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
saito1234 said:
Hi!
Sorry for my noobish question, I have a Wii running 3.2E, with WiiKey, only a HBC is installed and a gecko loader, but I can't play with new super mario bros, do i need to install a cios, or is there an easier solution?:|
Thanks!
i assume you have cios249. use neogamma r8's latest and it will run without any problems. with gecko os you have to use the cheat file to run under ocarina to be able to play the game. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802

Gamerpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run backed up games off of my Fat32 formatted Sd card but configurable USB loader requires you to place the wbfs file in the wbfs folder as gameid.wbfs What I need to know is how do I get this game ID? If possible I would also like to use ocarina are there any instructions for that as well? Thanks for the help!

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
saito1234 said:
Hi!
Thanks!
i assume you have cios249. use neogamma r8's latest and it will run without any problems. with gecko os you have to use the cheat file to run under ocarina to be able to play the game. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802
No, i don't have any cios! I only have the official 3.2E, and IOS37, do i need to install cios for it to work??? neogamma doesn't work for me, because it needs cios, and gecko wants to install the new ios from the disc, is that safe?...
Update: Wow! Neogamma R8 really works, even without a cios, with my IOS37! Last time I tried with R7 and there was an error, the disk couldn't be spinned up or something... but this starts without problems, thanks:)

chaospker98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to buy a HDD for backup loading but I'm not sure which one to buy. I head that the "Western Digital My Passport Essential"s are good, but I'd just like to double check. will the "Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive WDBAAA5000ABK-NESN (Midnight Black)" work? I checked the wiki, and they were vague on the name. I'm buying from Amazon Canada. Thanks in advance.
yaynds.gif

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using the Backup Launcher to play GameCube games. I have mIOS installed and works fine but do I need a save cartridge? Can I save them to the System Memory of my Wii?

Thanks in Advance.

ps. I have an SD card in there to run my HBC apps

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, can someone tell me if there will be an autoboot channel for Neogamma R8 Beta 15 ? or can someone tell me if it is easy to do ? i'm a bit newb but not as much as certains
wink.gif

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a safe way to cancel an installation of a game? Right now im installing rockband 2 via a disc and its taking too long and i want to play new super mario bros wii. Is there a safe way to cancel the rock band installation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/4Z-enjtn7t0?si=JxP181zLddGOC9jQ