• Likes 6

phoenix345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moved My Question here:

Why Can't I Play Wi-Fi on Sonic and The Black Knight (The Only Wi-Fi Compatible Backup I Have). My Wii connects to the internet and all legit games play fine online? What Do I Do?

Sleepwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also moving here:

Boom Blox: Smash Party messes up the game list in USB Loader GX, since there is an "|" inside the game folder (the folder, not the name).
How do I change the folder name? Or how do I get USB Loader to work with folders with a "|"?
Thanks

Boozer

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been on 3.2E, cios rev.10, 002gamma loader, starfall for months now and it's worked great. I know I'm going to have upgrade to play Sports Resort, but is there a consensus on the best current set-up?

Edit - I don't have a spare HD, so backup loaders only, please.

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend is on 3.4 and is updating to 4.1 and going to use bannerbomb to install the new HBC package.

Can he still install and run backup launchers?(Gamma 0.3,NeoGamma, etc)

Or does he have to install something else before? I know something about trutcha bug needing to be signed or something.

Im already on 4.0 with softmii but i just havent really bothered with anything else so I cant really help him since I dont know all the details.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boozer said:
I've been on 3.2E, cios rev.10, 002gamma loader, starfall for months now and it's worked great. I know I'm going to have upgrade to play Sports Resort, but is there a consensus on the best current set-up?

Edit - I don't have a spare HD, so backup loaders only, please.

Get bootmii installed to boot2 if you can for brick protection and make a NAND backup with it if you do get it installed to boot2. (Needs GC controller or power and reset buttons on Wii) Uninstall starfall and it's hacks, update to 4.1E, If you want to update your cIOS you can update to rev13a or rev14. Rev10 isn't really bad though and you can stay at that if you want. Get preloader OR Startpatch for system menu hacks instead of starfall. Preloader will give you additional brick protection on top of the hacks and also allow you to autoboot HBC apps directly on startup if you so choose. Definitely go with preloader if you can't do a boot2 install of bootmii.

For a disc based backup loader, use NeoGamma R6 or R7 (R7 is still in beta I believe but you can still use it from the HBC if you want to). You're more likely to find a legit channel wad for NeoGamma R6. Google Neogamma autoboot channel and you should find the thread with it.)

QUOTE(UVERoo @ Aug 7 2009, 05:39 PM) My friend is on 3.4 and is updating to 4.1 and going to use bannerbomb to install the new HBC package.

Can he still install and run backup launchers?(Gamma 0.3,NeoGamma, etc)

Or does he have to install something else before? I know something about trutcha bug needing to be signed or something.

Im already on 4.0 with softmii but i just havent really bothered with anything else so I cant really help him since I dont know all the details.

Yes, he has to do other stuff before being able to play backups. You need a cIOS installed first. So basically what you have to do is:

1. Bannerbomb with hackmii installer to install HBC/bootmii.
2. Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, run it again off of IOS15 and install an IOS36 with the Trucha Bug and ES_Identify to IOS36, run it again off IOS36 and restore IOS15.
3. Run the cIOS rev14 installer and tell it to use IOS36 and do a network installation instead of wad installation (if you have wifi).
4. Use Neogamma R6 to load backups and such.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry is this was asked before but the wads for create a channel are region free cuz in the first post said it wasnt??
Also if i made a copy of my nand before installing preloader i suposed when i use it preloader will be uninstall too right im asking this cuz have BootMii as IOS.

Jiang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need help. I have 2 versions of GeckOS, one version is booted from my homebrew channel, when I start it it says at the bottom "Using IOS 249", and is missing a few options, like the rebooter options. The other GeckOS I have is in my main menu, and it lacks the "Using IOS 249" message, but comes with all the options. The difference is the one that's "using IOS249" is that this one allows me to play Monster Hunter tri, while the wad version does not.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? Why do I have a version that uses IOS249 and one that has more options? Where can I get a .wad version of the one that uses IOS249? Can I choose which IOS the geckoOS loads?

Thanks.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question:

I have a 4.0U NTSC Wii Softmodded cIOS249 running USB Loader GX rev 709. Everything works perfect. Can I play PAL backups loaded/installed on the USB drive? Will this method prevent bricking?

Thanks

Someflammablekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me why i am unable to put .isos on my flash drives using wbfs manager? Yes i have enough room on the drive and yes it is formatted. Whenever i try to put it on the drive it doesn't do anything

Furioku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't sure which forum to ask in, so maybe this is the correct one? My problem:

I'm trying to get the Wiigator GC Backup Loader 0.2 working on my wii, and to use it apparently I have to patch my MIOS, since it comes up black and makes me unplug my wii if I load it up now. Problem is the mIOSpatcher that came with the program requires an internet connection and my wireless is currently down. Is there anyway to patch the mios without it?

Darknyss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've googled the problem quite extensively, and can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. When I load any backup with usb loader GX, it letterboxes the screen. I thought it was supposed to autodetect widescreen...any ideas on what the problem is/what info you need from me to figure out what it might be? Thanks a bunch.

neokingster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a quick question can you install ios 249 on a unmodded wii and is it safe to do so.
unsure.gif
plz help

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I need help. I'm 3.2U, NTSC. I do have a D2Pro chip installed, but it's running on the original 1.0 firmware because I don't have the d2prog to update the firmware (wish I never bought this chip). I've been using SoftChip R87 (now updated to R99) with no issues... but now lots of newer games are giving me issues. Games are Ghostbusters, Ashes Cricket 2009 (note: i've never tried a PAL game before this), Madden 10 & Wii Sports Resort. Newer games that have worked include MadWorld, The Conduit, MLB Bigs 2, Grand Slam Tennis (w/ WM+) & Tiger Woods 10 (w/ WM+). So few questions....

1) Should I upgrade to 4.1 (using regular wii update and/or waninkoko's update)?
2) What is the best (most compatible) backup loader (DVD please... I don't have a spare USB HDD to use)

Other tips would be great.

Thanks.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I have a 1TB External USB HDD I'm looking to using with a Wii Loader. Firstly, is 1TB supported by any USB Loader at this stage? Secondly, how can I make it so I partition just a small bit (say 200gb) to the WBFS system, so I can continue to use the rest of my HDD on my computer with my files and such?

Thanks,

Adrian.

brett668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello can any1 help me i know this is going to seem realy dim,ive done all my wii fine with homebrew and neogamma r6 no problems but ive tryed doing my little bros and its giving me nothing but problems no matter what backup loader i i try to put on there it wont install only run from the sd card and the only one it to install is neogamma r6 with rev 14 but as soon as i load the backup loader up the contorler turns off so can any1 point me the right way as im not sure what to try next?
by the way his wii is 3.3u
thanks for any help
brett

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox