Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey tj,

so im back again, you may remeber i was asking about "ios reloading games"

well i got hermes cios installer and did as instructed, the next time i booted usb loader it asked which cios i wanted to use "cios249 or cios222" i choose 222, then i got wii scrubber 1.30 and i extracted the "main.dol" from red steel, and i renamed it to "REDE41.dol" then i created a folder at the root of my sd and named it altdol, then i loaded usb loader gx and change the path setting for dol files to "SD/altdol/" so i thought i would be all set, but when i attempt to load redsteel it frezes at the "licensed by nintendo" but this time there is no green screen, before it would get to the licensed by nintendo screen the it would green screen then reboot, now it gets to licenced by nintendo and freezes.

am i missing something here?

the settings im using for the game are "alternate dol" - on, and "block ios reload" - on, but i also tried "alternate dol" - on, and "block ios reload" - OFF

so is there something im over looking here, i really need help with this one, and since i help others, you would be helping more than just me by working this out with me.

any suggestions are appreaciated.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not a hacking god you know
tongue.gif

You boot the game with IOS222, right?
I have no IOS reloading games myself, but I'll try to help the best I can...

edit: seems that some games that need to be patched to IOS249 (like red steel) don't work. On the other hand I saw a youtube vid of it loading... strange
edit2: the wiki says you need to extract redsteel.dol instead of main.dol http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=161988

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ha, the hacking godz have smiled upon me!!
tongue.gif

i was extracting the main.dol, i guess i gotta go back and get the redsteel.dol.

as always your help is greatly appreaciated, hopefully you wont hear from me for awhile
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
holy hot shit!!! it finally worked!!!

thank you for all your help!

just one last question, for repeating this process with other "ios reloading games" am i to use the main.dol, or the "title".dol?

EDIT2:
oh and do you know what it takes to run ghostbusters? i havent tried anything yet, i just know it wont run on default

EDIT3:

i found all my answers !!
smile.gif

having trouble loading games? Look Here!!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Clock Work said:
just one last question, for repeating this process with other "ios reloading games" am i to use the main.dol, or the "title".dol?
I thought it was main.dol first, but I was wrong (can't know everything right
tongue.gif
) so its probably the 'title'.dol or another one.

EDIT2:
oh and do you know what it takes to run ghostbusters? i havent tried anything yet, i just know it wont run on default
Depending on the cIOS you have, you need 002fix or Anti 002 fix. Try them out and see what they do. (Anti002fix needs 002fix enabled as well!)

EDIT3:
i found all my answers !!
smile.gif

having trouble loading games? Look Here!!
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307
[/url]

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have downloaded a game in parts, like part 1 - 35 or something. They are all winrar files, what do I do now. How do I compress them together, if I am supposed to. I do have winrar.
Help appreciated, thanks very much.

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
I have downloaded a game in parts, like part 1 - 35 or something. They are all winrar files, what do I do now. How do I compress them together, if I am supposed to. I do have winrar.
right click any one of the rar files and then choose the option "extract to X" where "X" equals the name of the rar you want to extract.

there are other options for extraction, but by choosing this one you will end up with a folder with the extracted files inside of it, instead of first having to enter the winwrar program or ending up with the contents sprawled all over your desktop.

once extracted look for the file with the .iso at the end, this is the actual game, from here either burn it to disc or load it onto your hdd for your wii

if you dont see the .iso, click "tools" at the top of the folder, click "folder options", click the "veiw" tab, then make sure "hide file extensions for known types" is un checked

Question:
is there anything i need to do to enable the "002 fix" in usbloader gx, other than enabling the option in the settings?

so in other words does the "002 fix" require any additional softmods/cios to enable it, or is it a matter of simply enabling the option in the loaders setting?

also on the same token, the option in usbloader is "off", "002", "anti 002", so by choosing "anti 002" would it automatically enable "002" and then also enable "anti 002"

rpgguy_1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are there any known issues with Wii Sports? I've got wii sports resort running just fine, I'm talking about the original game.
I'm running 4.0 with 13a I believe, using usb loader GX i get a black screen and ultimate usb loader code dumps.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all. Well I have a 3.4U Wii with homebrew channel, cIOS and cMIOS installed. The question is for the gamecube launcher. All my NTSC games work but when I try to run a pal game (super smash bros melee Pal) the Wii does nothing after the backup launcher screen appears, the backup launcher screen goes away and I have to restart the Wii.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!!

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clock Work said:
bik75 said:
right click any one of the rar files and then choose the option "extract to X" where "X" equals the name of the rar you want to extract.

there are other options for extraction, but by choosing this one you will end up with a folder with the extracted files inside of it, instead of first having to enter the winwrar program or ending up with the contents sprawled all over your desktop.

once extracted look for the file with the .iso at the end, this is the actual game, from here either burn it to disc or load it onto your hdd for your wii

if you dont see the .iso, click "tools" at the top of the folder, click "folder options", click the "veiw" tab, then make sure "hide file extensions for known types" is un checked

Question:
is there anything i need to do to enable the "002 fix" in usbloader gx, other than enabling the option in the settings?

so in other words does the "002 fix" require any additional softmods/cios to enable it, or is it a matter of simply enabling the option in the loaders setting?

also on the same token, the option in usbloader is "off", "002", "anti 002", so by choosing "anti 002" would it automatically enable "002" and then also enable "anti 002"
Thanks for replying. I followed your instructions, at first the iso didnt show so I did what you said if I couldnt find the iso. But, I still cannot find it, I have a file called SMG (Super mario galaxy), inside there is a winrar file that says "SUPER MARIO GALAXY (compress)" but thats all.
Thanks for all of your help so far

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Multiquoting time (again
tongue.gif
)
Clock Work said:
Question:

Enabling it should be enough
Now a bit of education: there are 2 kinds of 002fix (002fix and 002b fix). When you enable the 002b fix (which the usbloader has) it will also fix 002. The problem is now that we want 002b to be fixed, but not 002. So they came up with Anti 002 fix (literally: don't fix 002). Like this 002b will be fixed and not 002. The anti 002 fix option auto-enables 002(b) fix.

Also, good job to answer other peoples questions
smile.gif

rpgguy_1o1 said:
are there any known issues with Wii Sports? I've got wii sports resort running just fine, I'm talking about the original game.
I'm running 4.0 with 13a I believe, using usb loader GX i get a black screen and ultimate usb loader code dumps.
I ripped wii sports many times and it never gave any issues. Check the settings (some setting can make it crash).

QUOTE(sentinel5000 @ Jul 2 2009, 06:01 AM)
Hi to all. Well I have a 3.4U Wii with homebrew channel, cIOS and cMIOS installed. The question is for the gamecube launcher. All my NTSC games work but when I try to run a pal game (super smash bros melee Pal) the Wii does nothing after the backup launcher screen appears, the backup launcher screen goes away and I have to restart the Wii.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!!
What cMIOS you have installed? Try another one. (cMIOS rev2 from waninkoko crashes when running out of region games)

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
Thanks for replying. I followed your instructions, at first the iso didnt show so I did what you said if I couldnt find the iso. But, I still cannot find it, I have a file called SMG (Super mario galaxy), inside there is a winrar file that says "SUPER MARIO GALAXY (compress)" but thats all.
Thanks for all of your help so far

im not 100% sure about this, but i am about 99% sure that in your winrar settings you have winrar set up to be your default program for opening iso files

open winrar by double clicking any random winrar file or going through your all programs menu or desktop shortcut if you have one, now click "options" at the top, and then "settings" under the "intergration" tab, make sure that the following two file types are un-checked "iso" so your iso's will show up as iso's and not rars, and "jar" you probably dont use these but if you ever do, you will want the jar files to load with java and not winrar. i suggest that you leave all others checked, and just un-check "jar" and "iso"

mrpuppt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetz...

I've searched a good bit and thus far, can't find anyone with my problem. If so, then I appologize.

Anywho - what I want to do is use an external USB Drive to copy my discs on and play them off it. I've followed the steps and my Wii recognizes the drive (so it says) through USB Loader GX, but whenever I try to copy a disc, or even if I hit the Wii button then choose to "go back" to the Loader, I get a black screen full of error messages.

BTW, I used a tutorial off of mikeandheth.com and my Wii is sys menu 4.0 so I used his updated 4.0 tutorial to get where I'm at thus far.

I'm still going to be looking to diagnose my problem and what I need to do to get it fixed, but any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks again,

Mrpuppt

Clock Work

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
I just got a wii and I need to know some things...

A friend of mine put a program inside called "Backup Launcher v0.3" (But he told me that since my firmware edition is small 3.1 he couldn't put something in) and I have some problems with it....
i have a us wii so im might not have all the answers for you but i'll try

1)Some games (especialy japanese ones like Gintama, both Haruhi Suzumiya Games) plays them in black and white and when I try to "Force PAL60" the Wii frozes up when I load them (other games like Fragile and One Piece Unlimited Episode 1 plays them ok).
japanese games use the format "ntsc-j" so if you have the option to force "ntsc-j" then use that if not try "force ntsc" also you may want to try a region patcher called "wiigion free"

2) Some other games stop playing (The game disk could not be read or something like that). But until now I saw it only on 2 games (No More Heroes and Resident Evil Umbrela Chronicles).
need more info, what games? where do they freeze? under what settings?

3)Can I update my Wii's firmware by some other way except internet since where I live I don't have Wi-Fi or an Internet Connection. Does this affect the Backup Loader or not?
yes you can use the offline updaters or wadmanager and the specific wads however because the updates are copywritten it is illegal to host them so you may have trouble finding exactly what you want, and yes there is a possibility that an update may have a negative impact on your backup loader, but in most cases the updates help stability

4)How can I install homebrews (Like megaman 9) on my Wii (if anybody can PM a link with a site that I can download them would be good)megaman9 is wiiware not homebrew again, copywritten material and it is illegal to host them, also most forums frown upon posting links and will remove them even if i post them, all i can say about the subject without getting banned my self is that megaman 9 will be in a wad format when you find it and will require a wad manager to install, you can find it on most torrent sites, just look around.

5)Is there a specific way to burn games on DVD (Since I used Alcohol 120% with X4 speed and I don't know if this ok or not)i dont burn i use usbloader gx, but i've read that the preffered method is img burn using a very slow setting, also it may get complicated by the ratio, 1:1 is the preffered ratio, and i've also seen a lott of talk about bitrate

6)Where can I download games? (Is torrent ok or there are chances of getting a bad dump? or there is also a site with good ones? link in pm also if possible thanx)once again against the rules to post the link, torrents that all we can say without getting banned our selves, i recomend you stop asking for copy written material before YOU get banned

Well...I hope that somebody can help my with those things
so the reason no one was helping you was because almost everything your asking is against the rules.

QUOTE(mrpuppt @ Jul 2 2009, 09:09 PM) Anywho - what I want to do is use an external USB Drive to copy my discs on and play them off it. I've followed the steps and my Wii recognizes the drive (so it says) through USB Loader GX, but whenever I try to copy a disc, or even if I hit the Wii button then choose to "go back" to the Loader, I get a black screen full of error messages.

BTW, I used a tutorial off of mikeandheth.com and my Wii is sys menu 4.0 so I used his updated 4.0 tutorial to get where I'm at thus far.
have you installed any cios's using a wad manager?
if so which ones?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 questions at the moment, sorry if it has already been asked.

Q: Which is the best USB Loader for the Wii, because I've seen a couple but I'm not sure which is the best.

Q: I am also about to soft mod my Wii with the 4.0 virgin softmod and USB guide, is that safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff