• Views 519,258
  • Replies 3,824
  • Likes 6

Taoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the best image burning software? Preferably the free ones. Imgburn destroys all my torrent clients so that's no good.

Thanks in advance

muffinhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. so here it is. i got my 4.0 wii enabled with usb loader 1.5 . my cios is cios36v10 per instructions to get it enabled. now my first problem is i want a forwarder channel, but when i use my wadmanager, all it wants to do is change the ios, not install a forwarder channel.
next, i would really like to play ghost busters. all i get is the green screen and the GB post on this is far to long and i am too lazy to read about ti. i see there is anohter loader out there, GAMMA? how would i get it and where would i install it?

WeeStephen

Trophies
XP
Country
As a real NOOB please be patient with me.

I have a feeling I may have jumped into a world I dont really understand and need help big time.

I have tried to soft mod my Wii using a guide for "dummies". I am sure I have followed the guide to the letter and the Homebrew channel works, however any time I try to use the backup loader the game doesn't load.

The Wii seems as though it is trying to read the disc but fails. I just end up with a black screen. If I press 1 I can try to launch the game but this doesn't work either it just reverts back to the menu.

I thought it was because the back ups were on DVD+R, but I have tried using DVD-R to no avail.

I have read through the forums but I can't find anything that I understand.

I realise I probably haven't included enough information, but I don't know what I should include.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I don't know where to go from here and I'm worried I am going to end up with a broken Wii.

Thanks in advance

WeeStephen

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
WeeStephen said:
As a real NOOB please be patient with me.

I have a feeling I may have jumped into a world I dont really understand and need help big time.

I have tried to soft mod my Wii using a guide for "dummies". I am sure I have followed the guide to the letter and the Homebrew channel works, however any time I try to use the backup loader the game doesn't load.

The Wii seems as though it is trying to read the disc but fails. I just end up with a black screen. If I press 1 I can try to launch the game but this doesn't work either it just reverts back to the menu.

I thought it was because the back ups were on DVD+R, but I have tried using DVD-R to no avail.

I have read through the forums but I can't find anything that I understand.

I realise I probably haven't included enough information, but I don't know what I should include.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I don't know where to go from here and I'm worried I am going to end up with a broken Wii.

Thanks in advance

WeeStephen

All I can say as a fellow noob is that I've been there and you probably missed something. Maybe you should read this guide. It looks complicated but I followed the instructions anyway and everything works fine now.

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but i seem to get lost
like i got lost on the steps and get some errors
plus i used both online and offline, but Do you know anyone who uses these programs on youtube?
Thanks again (i did this like 10 times)

drSTRIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi. guys, I was wondering if anyone can help to with installing USB Loader GX as I am a beginner when it comes to hacking the wii.

I am currently on 3.3e with a wiikey2 installed, cIOS V10, bootmii CIOS, latest homebrew channel and geckoOS.

I have so far downloaded the USB Loader GX ELF file from starstremr's sig. Do I just run this through the homebrew channel?

What files to I need to have the USB loader GX as a channel?

Are there any other files that I need to run the games on USBLoader GX?

Thanks.

Taoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cafevincent said:
Taoh said:
Imgburn destroys all my torrent clients so that's no good.
What a bizarre problem, tell me more. In the meanwhile I recommend infrarecorder. It's free and it never gives me any trouble so I would assume it would be great for Wii backups too.

Okay so I downloaded Infrarecorder and the same thing occurs as it did with Imgburn. This means that both burning software and torrent clients clash over something causing my torrent clients to crash. The basic gist of it is that with Imgburn/Infrarecorder installed utorrent will crash when opening torrents, and Bitcomet and Vuze will refuse to connect to peers. When Imgburn/Infrarecorder are uninstalled theres no problem. I guess if I can't find a solution to the problem I'll have to rely on my Windows 98 laptop to do the burning >_>'

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
TrainerAbu said:
What do I do to play multiple Gamecube ISOs on a burned DVD with my Wii? :3
Use this to merge all your iso/gcm in one iso then burn it: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...ame_ISO_Creator
you will get a menu to choose the game
Thanks, but another thing~

How do I play it? I use this .003 Gamma backup loader thing in the Homebrew Channel to play Wii ISOs. Will that load the multigame gamecube ISO thingy or is there another homebrew channel app I need to use for that?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TrainerAbu said:
Thanks, but another thing~

How do I play it? I use this .003 Gamma backup loader thing in the Homebrew Channel to play Wii ISOs. Will that load the multigame gamecube ISO thingy or is there another homebrew channel app I need to use for that?
New to gc homebrew?
wink.gif

Anyways, you need to install a new MIOS (installer found on http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...tom-mios-rev-03 ) if you don't have it
then use the Gamecube backup launcher http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5133 or the disc channel if u have cioscorp

copy_zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know if there is no problem in posting this in this thread, but here goes:

I've been away of the Wii usb loader development since waninkoko released his first loader, and since then much has been done. So I would like to ask for some help:

1- Which is the best loader (compatibility and speed are the biggest priorities)
2- Are the procedures for preparing the USB Drive the same? And what are the requirements to use the loaders?
3- Does the USB Drive Compatibility List still matter, or is there support for almost every device?
4- I heard about the cIOS needing to be updated, and, since I can't check which version I have, nor does the house where my Wii is at the moment have wi-fi connection, so is there somewhere I could find the latest one?

Thanks in advance

WeeStephen

Trophies
XP
Country
cafevincent said:
All I can say as a fellow noob is that I've been there and you probably missed something. Maybe you should read this guide. It looks complicated but I followed the instructions anyway and everything works fine now.

Thanks for responding - all help is very much appreciated.

I have tried to follow the offline version of this guide, but have more questions - sorry.

1. How do I know what system menu version I want. I tried using 3.2E, however when I tried to load CMDVDX35.dol, I got a message about being a pirate. I have tried using Nandclean, which says the free gift has been removed but when I go back to try again to load CMDVDX35.dol I get the same message.

2. I continued on ignoring the fact I couldn't load CMDVDX35.dol. (Hope this was OK). When I choose WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol I can select IOS35 but then can't find the file IOS35-64-v1040.wad. I have checked and the file is on my SD card in the wad folder.

3. Is it OK to follow this guide after attempting to use another guide? Do I not need to "undo" anything first.

4. Finally, If I still can't get this to work is there any way I can undo all my attempts and restore the Wii to its original settings?

Thanks again

WeeStephen

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Delete any non-purchased channels, and continue with the guide, there is nothing to undo or redo, you need to get things installed, the files only installs or change a few files in your Wii, to leave it in a virgin state just uninstall any cIOS, run NAND cleaner, delete HBC and update thru Wii's Settings, nothing official gets changed to a "hacked" state, you just ADD stuff, got it..??
mthrnitesmiley.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WeeStephen said:
2. I continued on ignoring the fact I couldn't load CMDVDX35.dol. (Hope this was OK). When I choose WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol I can select IOS35 but then can't find the file IOS35-64-v1040.wad. I have checked and the file is on my SD card in the wad folder.

the file I think (although not sure cause I don't even know wich guide is it) needs to be on the ROOT of the SD, the .wad files in the WAD folder are the files you install with Wad Manager, any other app that requires a .wad file, put them in the ROOT..!!
smile.gif

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just one question: is there a way to burn the two MGS: twin snakes(dvd 1 and dvd 2) in one dvd and make it work when the game aks to change the dvd?

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BARR3RA said:
I have some questions about the whole USB/External HDD Loader scene. Here we go:

Can I install Wii ISOs that I have on a disc to the External HDD?

What is the best software to put on my SD card? (EX: cIOS, wad, and etc.)

Would this be a good external HDD?
Western Digital 320GB External HDD

As far as which HDD to use. I would recommend picking one from this list of compatible hdds here.

First if you dont have homebrew channel installed you need to do that. You need to determine which system menu version you have. See here on directions on how to determine your system menu version. Once you have this you can use one of these 2 walkthroughs to install homebrew channel and a USB Loader.
If you have system Menu 3 go here
If you have system Menu 4 go here
MAKE SURE TO READ ALL OF THE WALKTHROUGH.

When you say you have ISOs on a disk what do you mean exactly? If you mean you have a backup copy of a game which you have burned to a disk. Yes you can load them onto your hard drive but with mixed results. At least I have personally. Sometimes when loading a backup disc via usb loader I have had it freeze at times. You also could just play a backup disc using Neogamma. You also can transfer Wii Game ISOs from your computer to your hard drive using WBFS Manager which can be downloaded here. You will also need to format your hdd in WBFS format. You can not use FAT 32 or NTFS the Wii will not recognize it.
As for a USB Loader I recommend USB Loader GX which you can get here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""