• Likes 6

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
How do you install games on the external harddrive, I formattted it in FAT32, 32kb. But do i just drag and drop the iso files?
For Wii games, the easiest would be to use WiiBackupManager to "transfer" them, to the drive. It will put them in the right folder, name them correctly, trim them, and change any formats needed.

For gamecube games, you can just
1. name the disk image "game.iso" (gcm files ARE the same as ISO files so just change the GCM to ISO)
2. create a folder on your hard drive called "games"
3. create a folder INSIDE that folder with whatever name you want (like the name of the game.)
4. and then just drag and drop your disk image into that folder.

It should end up like
USB: /games/mario-sunshine/games.iso
(for example)

If you have a 2-disk game, just name the second disk image "disc2.iso" and drag and drop it in the same folder.

duckypwns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download links and installation instructions of CFG USB loader are broken in the main thread.

I have the CFG USB installer on my SD card now, but it says I need CIOS 248 to install it. (there are a few other CIOS options as well). Can someone remind me how to change CIOS? I haven't had to do this in a while.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I play a GameCube game, everything goes fine, up until certain points in each game. Most of the games I have played, start out fine, but then the music stops. Is there any way to fix this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you play GameCube games?
From the original disc launched by the system menu?
using a modchip?
using a burned disc with cMIOS?
Using DIOS MIOS?
Using Devolution?

If you are using a HDD, it's certainly because it went to sleep due to inactivity (some HDD are sleeping after few seconds of inactivity, other after few minutes, and other do not sleep at all)

Maybe you are playing games with audio streaming, and audio is not compatible with all setup (you need the real disc, a compatible modchip, or devolution)

Reactions: Chary

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help please, everything was working alright with configurable usb loader (v0.70b4) them the idiot here decided to mess in the cfg system settings (changed the default partition to load so it wouldnt ask me everytime I started cfg) and did a update to v0.70-mod-r15 and after that my usb hd isnt being recognized by cgg, I tried to recover the dol and tried to do a reisntall of cfg but nothing seems to make my hd being recognized ...... I'm sad :(

Orestis_G

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OK, a quick one:
I have a rather old WII, hardmoded with Wiikey2 and softmodded (Hackmii, HBC, etc.). It currently runs ver 4.2E. I have some DVD-R, mostly Taiyo Yuden and a few TDKs. I remember that they all worked OK using disc channel (I don't remember what the system menu version was, back then, though). Now it only plays the Taiyo Yuden discs and when I insert the TDKs the screen goes black and prompts me to press eject, shut down the Wii and consult the manual. The question is, is that a fault of the DVD, or have there been any changes at some point during system menu updates, which cause problems with specific media?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
How dangerous are injected .wads? I hear they can mess up your system, but then I hear that they are fine to use. Could anyone clear this up?
To my knowledge, the only real danger is that if the BANNER image isn't right then the system menu will crash when trying to read it (won't start A.K.A. bricked) but if you're not injecting a new COVER, just a new ROM ... or if you test it first in something safe like Neek or in some other banner viewer you should be fine.

OR, if you have BootMii as Boot2 or PriiLoader installed, you can always just make a NAND backup beforehand just in case. If the system menu won't start after you install them, just restore the backup.

Darkglobe1977

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question, I ripped some PAL Gamecube games to my NTSC Wii and have converted them and have all of them playing without a disk in the Wii except one, No matter what video settings I use it won't load without a Wii or Gamecube disk in the drive. What am I missing here?

I am using Dios Mios and have R1208_IOS249 files.

The Game in question is Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer, I checked the compatibility list and it's not listed
so I guess it's more a case of Dios Mios needing a disk in for this title to play?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Quick Question, I ripped some PAL Gamecube games to my NTSC Wii and have converted them and have all of them playing without a disk in the Wii except one, No matter what video settings I use it won't load without a Wii or Gamecube disk in the drive. What am I missing here?

I am using DIOS MIOS and have R1208_IOS249 files.
PAL vs NTSC is a little tricky with GameCube games. Changing the video settings doesn't do much if you're using Composite video cables (the yellow one). The developer, I understand, uses component cables (red, blue and green) and even though he added a great method of forcing the video mode in like v2.0 or v2.1, it stopped working in later versions (although it still works GREAT with component cables) and he didn't seem to notice.

If you have component cables you can turn on the progressive patch and it should make most PAL games work when set to NTSC. If you don't have those cables, some games will show an option in the beginning asking if you want to change to 60hz (PAL is normally 50hz. NTSC is 60hz) but you might not actually SEE that option if your TV isn't compatible. It should still pay attention to your controller, though, so pressing (A) once it gets to that option will make it suddenly work. What you can do on some games that don't show that option automatically is hold down the (B) button while it's loading. This will make the selection screen appear. THEN you can press (A) and get it to work. There are a few games (Twilight Princess comes to mind) where the selection comes up BUT the selection STARTS on the 50hz option so just pressing (A) will LEAVE it on 50hz. For those games you have to press left or right once to change the selection to 60hz and THEN press the (A) button. There are, unfortunately, some games that just don't give the 60hz option at all (Luigi's Mansion and Wario World come to mind.) and you won't be able to play them without either finding an older version of DiosMios somewhere or having a TV that supports 480p and component cables. Even with the older version of DiosMios where the normal video forcing worked, some games didn't work, though. (Wario World didn't.)

EDIT : Oh, and there's a little bug in the progressive patch in v2.5 and v2.6 that it will crash most games if you have the padhook turned on.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a newbie question!

OK, well then, a few days ago I had disconnected my Wii from the TV. (Because I was doing some super-cleaning around the house).
//Before this, my Wii was able to go to Homebrew and load ...the Homebrew stuff (USB Loader GX mostly). the goods. I had access to my backups to play from my HDD//
When I reconnected everything, I started the Wii and got the bootmii Start-Up menu. I then selected the Homebrew Channel.
Once there I selected the USBGXLo'
It loaded and had all my games loaded.
I selected Capcom vs Tatsunoko.
After awhile, the game stopped. Everything froze. My Wii motes would just blink when pressing on any button.
So I manually shut off the Wii pressing the On button.
Waited 10min.
Started it up.
But this time, it took a loooong time (2min).
Then, like when you buy a fresh new Wii, it started up to naming your Wii and language select and all that stuff.
After all that, my Wii menu showed up and obviously, the Homebrew Channel didn't work anymore.
Curiously, I restarted my Wii, and the bootmii start-up menu popped up but HC doesn't work.

So, what happened? Do I/Can I add HC(and all the goodstuff) again? ;o

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a newbie question!

OK, well then, a few days ago I had disconnected my Wii from the TV. (Because I was doing some super-cleaning around the house).
//Before this, my Wii was able to go to Homebrew and load ...the Homebrew stuff (USB Loader GX mostly). the goods. I had access to my backups to play from my HDD//
When I reconnected everything, I started the Wii and got the bootmii Start-Up menu. I then selected the Homebrew Channel.
Once there I selected the USBGXLo'
It loaded and had all my games loaded.
I selected Capcom vs Tatsunoko.
After awhile, the game stopped. Everything froze. My Wii motes would just blink when pressing on any button.
So I manually shut off the Wii pressing the On button.
Waited 10min.
Started it up.
But this time, it took a loooong time (2min).
Then, like when you buy a fresh new Wii, it started up to naming your Wii and language select and all that stuff.
After all that, my Wii menu showed up and obviously, the Homebrew Channel didn't work anymore.
Curiously, I restarted my Wii, and the bootmii start-up menu popped up but HC doesn't work.

So, what happened? Do I/Can I add HC(and all the goodstuff) again? ;o
I have NOOO idea how that happened. ... (kinda sounds like the "format" option in the system menu settings but I've never tried.)

Anyway, looks like you SOMEHOW have a virgin Wii again so I would say it's just as hackable as a virgin Wii.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
I have NOOO idea how that happened. ... (kinda sounds like the "format" option in the system menu settings but I've never tried.)

Anyway, looks like you SOMEHOW have a virgin Wii again so I would say it's just as hackable as a virgin Wii.

A weird phenomenon occurred then?
Well...that is odd.
I guess i'll re-hack it again and see what happens.
thank you for your input. ^_^

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
1) Can somebody point me to a nice USB Loader GX forwarder?
Its the newest version, got it for dios mios

2) I read that one thing Dios Mios cant do "yet" is "streaming audio". That´s sad because i wanted to play Jedi Outcast and Star Fox Adventures.
Will it be possible in the future?

3) What about the microphone? Think it will be possible someday?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
1) Can somebody point me to a nice USB Loader GX forwarder?
Its the newest version, got it for dios mios
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...er GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad&can=2&q=
2) I read that one thing Dios Mios cant do "yet" is "streaming audio". That´s sad because i wanted to play Jedi Outcast and Star Fox Adventures.
Will it be possible in the future?
I'm pretty sure it will, but it might take a while. The games are still playable, though, just playable in near silence.
3) What about the microphone? Think it will be possible someday?
Also might work some day. Only time will tell.

Reactions: cacildo

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso

Thank you maxternal

Installed the forwarder but it isnt pointing to the right place. Is there a way to know what the folder name its pointing to? I probably changed the GX´s folder name when i installed it into the apps folder

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thank you maxternal

Installed the forwarder but it isnt pointing to the right place. Is there a way to know what the folder name its pointing to? I probably changed the GX´s folder name when i installed it into the apps folder
I know there's several options but I think mine is /apps/usbloader_gx and is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.