Hacking quick gamecube question

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Depends on your drive model. The more recent wii's don't read any backup discs, so it's useless for those. If you have an old wii (bought before...mid 2008, iirc late 2009), it may or may not work. I've heard reports on ppl whose wii's played everything they threw at it while others were very picky (mine only likes verbatim discs...and only if I insert them very gently and stroke my wii a bit once she accepts it). In short, I'd say "it is unlikely".

EDIT: corrected by Xflak and wiipower.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my wii has liked all disks (it's from those old ones)(Verbatim, Sony, Maxell, hell even office one superstore)(but only dvd-r and +r).
I'm going to test it right away.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wever said:
Depends on your drive model. The more recent wii's don't read any backup discs, so it's useless for those. If you have an old wii (bought before...mid 2008, iirc), it may or may not work. I've heard reports on ppl whose wii's played everything they threw at it while others were very picky (mine only likes verbatim discs...and only if I insert them very gently and stroke my wii a bit once she accepts it). In short, I'd say "it is unlikely".
I'm actually pretty sure it was the fall of 2009.

I think it was in 2008 when they started making Wii's without a vulnerable boot1 (ie. no love for bootmii@boot2)... not 100% sure about that timing of that though.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
Wever said:
Depends on your drive model. The more recent wii's don't read any backup discs, so it's useless for those. If you have an old wii (bought before...mid 2008, iirc), it may or may not work. I've heard reports on ppl whose wii's played everything they threw at it while others were very picky (mine only likes verbatim discs...and only if I insert them very gently and stroke my wii a bit once she accepts it). In short, I'd say "it is unlikely".
I'm actually pretty sure it was the fall of 2009.

I think it was in 2008 when they started making Wii's without a vulnerable boot1 (ie. no love for bootmii@boot2)... not 100% sure about that timing of that though.

The drive firmware date of the 1st drives that don't read DVD-Rs anymore is: 20080714. But the 1st time i heard about Wiis with those drives was christmas '09. Anyways, any Wii bought in 2010 or later, and all Wiis that are not white surely have the new drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=12&pp=8AUB