Hardware Quick EZflash IV question.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I caved, and bought a Micro. Wanted one for years, figured what the heck. I am looking at an EZFlash IV, and it says it supports up to a 2 gig SD card. Is that Micro SD? Does it have on-board storage space? Sorry, but having a little trouble finding this info. Any help is appreciated. Please, and thank you.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, just couldn't find anyone bundling the card with the EZflash like you tend to see with DS flashcarts. Cool cool, will just make a trip to Radio Shack while I wait for the EZflash IV to show up. Thanks much. ^^

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Fair enough, just couldn't find anyone bundling the card with the EZflash like you tend to see with DS flashcarts. Cool cool, will just make a trip to Radio Shack while I wait for the EZflash IV to show up. Thanks much. ^^
I don't believe RadioShack sells MiniSD adapters. You can buy them online, and some MicroSD cards come with them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it supports up to 2 gig, it was added in an update though (at the time of release 1 gig carts were pricey and 2 gig carts were insanely expensive) so make sure you have another way.

"onboard storage" is limited to 256Mbit of NAND for the miniSD version (the original EZ4*) and original EZ4 lite and for the deluxe has 384. The EZ4 lite compact does not do GBA very well (it was built as a cut down cart for DS use). This is intended mainly for roms over 128Mbit in size (a select few including some hacked roms) but can be used for any.

I would try for a miniSD as those adapters can work but have caused several headaches these last few months. Amazon seem to do them for about $10 USD and provided you do not get an absolute piece of junk it does not matter how good your miniSD is for GBA usage as it works from PSRAM or NOR memory which is on the EZ4.

*there are 4 EZ4 models
original, gba sized, miniSD, 256Mbit NOR, 128Mbit PSRAM
lite, DS lite sized (ish), microSD, 256Mbit NOR, 128Mbit PSRAM
lite compact, DS lite sized, microSD, can only run roms up to 64Mbit
lite deluxe, DS lite sized, microSD, 384Mbit NOR, 256Mbit PSRAM.

DS lite sized just refers to the shell- I have been an EZ4 lite in an original DS and GBA SP for years now. If you can grind down (I added a little ribbon to remove it) or refit the shell (bad GBA games go for a dollar or something these days if you need a shell).

Calypzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
DS lite sized just refers to the shell- I have been an EZ4 lite in an original DS and GBA SP for years now. If you can grind down (I added a little ribbon to remove it) or refit the shell (bad GBA games go for a dollar or something these days if you need a shell).

So if I could get my hands on an EZ4 lite, I could refit it to fit into a gba/sp? This would be pretty great, except for EZ4 not supporting cheats. Any idea where I could find one?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Calypzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How does GBAATM work? Do you load that first, then the game? Or what?

I found another thread with two websites also selling EZ4s (regular versions, not lite) so if GBAATM works, which I don't doubt it does, then I think I'll be buying an EZ4 soon. :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAATM is a cheat wrapper (the full name is GBA automatic trainer maker), the windows program patches the cheats and relevant code into the rom (can be always on, can be activated cheats) and then writes the memory values the cheats deal with. Try it in an emulator if you want.

Calypzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
GBAATM is a cheat wrapper (the full name is GBA automatic trainer maker), the windows program patches the cheats and relevant code into the rom (can be always on, can be activated cheats) and then writes the memory values the cheats deal with. Try it in an emulator if you want.

So does that mean I could use it with an EZ 3 in 1? Still think I'll try and get my hands on an EZ4 as well, to try and breathe some life back into my GBA.

Can you use GBAATM on a game and continue with a save file that is part way through the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ