• Total voters

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm surprised that my age group (19-21) is the one with the most votes, I expected it to be more teenagers than young adults (young adults as in... still young. xP)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Costello's idea is good. All the birthday information is public, and if you don't want it out there (in the depths of the internet, lol) then you shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

Also, people lying about their age shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's for a statistics project, as those are factors that you would take into consideration when analysing your data. All surveys will have false data in them, no matter how hard you try to keep them accurate.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm surprised that my age group (19-21) is the one with the most votes, I expected it to be more teenagers than young adults (young adults as in... still young. xP)

Guess cuz we're the children of the first gamer generation and the first one to be brough up by computers/game consoles. (and I ain't talking about commodore here :D)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Guess cuz we're the children of the first gamer generation and the first one to be brough up by computers/game consoles. (and I ain't talking about commodore here :D)
Lol... My first consoles were a snes and a mega drive, I become addicted to Sonic since I was 4.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1018 I suppose counts as 35+, right?

barly any people here is 12 (like me)

Might be because it's required that you're 13 to register on this website legally, and choosing less than 13 proves you didn't even read the registration rules.
I don't remember that ever being specified in the rules anyway.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone who submitted for the poll.

As Costello was pointing out, I don't necessary need a username associated with the age, I am just establishing sample proportions of age groups. If I were to receive any data from Costello, it would be most likely be a frequency histogram of ages which is just as anonymous as I wanted this poll to be.

As Veho pointed out, the stats may have dependence on who actually wants to submit a poll, however, the dependence factor is very little and the data we get here will be approximately independent from each other with large enough sample size.

For those who don't know, I'm applying for the PH.D program in Statistics at a local university. I'm doing research on a specific type of curve that can be used to determine whether data was fornicated or not.

For an example, if you have 200 independent observations of test scores iid to some distribution, the central limit theorem says that the sample average (or proportion) is roughly normal distribution. There is a new area of research that takes this data and makes a comparison with an approximate of how it should be. If we assume that cheating occurred in this class, then the curve will be highly bow shaped. If the data has no indication of wrongness the curve appears linear. One of my tasks right now is to built a program in SAS that inputs data and gives results.

Part of the significance of this is from a sample of the population; I don't necessarily need all of GBAtemp's ages as that would be the whole population.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway