Questions regarding PS5

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to make games gone from the UI without deleting them from the PS5's SSD or external HDD? I only want them to stay in the library.

Is it possible to prevent the PS4 version from being installed after upgrading to the PS5 one every time a PS4 disc is inserted?

How can unfollowed games be known so that they can be refollowed? Also, after unfollowing a game, will notifications about recently out or yet to come DLC stop?

How can folders be created on the UI to add games? It was possible with PSN games on the PS3 and PS4 and with physical games on the PS4.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: tabzer

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
https://ourtechroom.com/tech/guide-usb-port-colors-red-blue-yellow-black-white-orange-teal/ :rolleyes:

The USB port color is one of the general ways of identifying the types of USB but it is not a standard and recommended method for identifying the USB type.
USB port color is not reliable or consistent among motherboards. It differs from Motherboard manufacturers and you have to identify them by reading the motherboard manual but in general motherboard manufacturers also follow a similar color pattern to remove confusion among general.

Not what I read in another site but thanks.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, but they're black, not white.

I have a USB Flash Drive which is red but accordimg to what I searched it's 2.0 and not 3.0. What about the USB4 color?
It's just a color. It's not a big deal when one reads the packaging and device specifications of what they are buying so they know what they are getting. Who knows, maybe it's a trick so manufactures can sell off older tech to unsuspecting customers that don't read the specs before buying. What ever color USB 4 is, it will be. Who knows, and does it really matter that much?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's just a color. It's not a big deal when one reads the packaging and device specifications of what they are buying so they know what they are getting. Who knows, maybe it's a trick so manufactures can sell off older tech to unsuspecting customers that don't read the specs before buying. What ever color USB 4 is, it will be. Who knows, and does it really matter that much?

Especially when the device specifications don't exist.

Yes, it matters, because how can it be known if it's USB 1.0, 2.0, etc., if there's no info in the USB flash drives like in some of mine?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, because how can one know if it's 1.0, 2.0, etc., if there's no info in the USB Flash Drives like in some of mine?
If the device doesn't list or show the specifications on the packaging you should probably be avoiding the product. If you've already bought the product and just forget what spec it is, put it in a pc, open device manager and look at it under disk drives. If it doesn't display the spec in the model number that gets listed there, look it up.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the device doesn't list or show the specifications on the packaging you should probably be avoiding the product. If you've already bought the product and just forget what spec it is, put it in a pc, open device manager and look at it under disk drives. If it doesn't display the spec in the model number that gets listed there, look it up.

It doesn't even list the model number. It only says it's an USB Mass Storage Device.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't even list the model number, only mentions USB Mass Storage Device.
It has a hardware ID. All devices do. It most likely in the properties. If this information is really that important to you why not write it down in a book or something so you don't forget. Do is a read/write test. The speed should give you a general idea of what gen usb it is. If you can't figure it out from that then I don't know. As a rule going forward you should write it down or just simply remember what the package said.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It has a hardware ID. All devices do. It most likely in the properties. If this information is really that important to you why not write it down in a book or something so you don't forget. Do is a read/write test. The speed should give you a general idea of what gen usb it is. If you can't figure it out from that then I don't know. As a rule going forward you should write it down or just simply remember what the package said.

I just know the USB flash drive I was using to install Windows 11 freezes the PC on boot but I can access its content after signing in to my local Windows 11 user account without it freezing the PC. I don't have this problem with this USB flash drive in other PCs and with other USB flash drives in this PC. To make matters worse, I have 3 more USB 2.0 flash drives like this one but they take a lot longer to write the Windows 11 image than this one.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just know the USB Flash Drive I was using to install Windows 11 freezes the PC on boot but I can access its content after signing in to my local Windows 11 user account without it freezing the PC. I don't have this problem with this USB Flash Drive in other PCs and with other USB Flash Drives in this PC. Weird. To make things worse, I have 3 more USB 2.0 Flash Drives like this one but they take a lot longer to write the Windows 11 image than this one.
They don't last forever and are limited in the amount of times you can write to them. If they are cheaper drives chances are that they are reaching that limit and are getting close to the brink of failure. I have a USB hdd that is pretty old which sometime causes my laptop to boot when it's plugged in. If I run a chkdsk on the drive this resolves it for a while but since the drive is failing, I know it will eventually reoccur or the drive will die. Possibly sooner, rather than later.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They don't last forever and are limited in the amount of times you can write to them. If they are cheaper drives chances are that they are reaching that limit and are getting close to the brink of failure. I have a USB hdd that is pretty old which sometime causes my laptop to boot when it's plugged in. If I run a chkdsk on the drive this resolves it for a while but since the drive is failing, I know it will eventually reoccur or the drive will die. Possibly sooner, rather than later.

OK, but I barely used this USB flash drive and I don't have this issue with it in other PCs.

CHKDSK said it found no issues in it.

EDIT: Now it's possible to prevent the PS4 versions from being installed after upgrading to the PS5 ones every time a PS4 game disc is inserted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy