Hacking questions on the new supercard dstwo +

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes just dont copy any gateway files to your dstwo.
For 3DS homebrew you would have to get an entrypoint game, unless browserhax is available for your firmware.
well if i ever find my old 3ds i have freaky forms downloaded onto it and its on a low firmware but i have no clue where that thing went

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes just dont copy any gateway files to your dstwo.
For 3DS homebrew you would have to get an entrypoint game, unless browserhax is available for your firmware.
i just have one more question hows the build quality will it brake on my first or second use like i have been hearing or will it last for quite a while basically is it gonna brake on me and would you just recommend another card with some other emulator option

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i ordered one yesterday its coming tuesday wish me luck
I got one when they first came out, the build quality is reasonable. You can feel the chips through the sticker of the cart itself. I think they left it open for cooling. One thing that's not obvious, it noticably drains your battery more than usual if you leave the cart in the slot in sleep mode. I use mine without the gateway launcher or the gateway emulator on my SD Cards (although I used the gateway mode for about 3 or 4 months with no issues at all, I just followed the directions closely. I wrote a guide if ur interested, it's still mostly relevant https://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-with-no-zelda-oot-or-cubic-ninja-mini-guide.402884/ )

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ragnamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a DSTwo Plus for Christmas but only started using it this past month. It works fine.

I followed a lot of the drama with the brick scares both here and on the official Supercard forum. I suspect that the brick code in the GW launcher bricks the DSTwo itself (although I have no way to confirm this as I cannot reverse engineer it). There were only two bricked 3DS consoles that I read of, but the Supercard forum is overflowing with people who cannot get their 3DS to read the DSTwo after using the GW launcher.

Since the EOS and GW launcher plugin are completely separate, you can avoid this problem altogether by ignoring the launcher and only copying the EOS files to your SD card. That's what I did and have had no problems at all.

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one when they first came out, the build quality is reasonable. You can feel the chips through the sticker of the cart itself. I think they left it open for cooling. One thing that's not obvious, it noticably drains your battery more than usual if you leave the cart in the slot in sleep mode. I use mine without the gateway launcher or the gateway emulator on my SD Cards (although I used the gateway mode for about 3 or 4 months with no issues at all, I just followed the directions closely. I wrote a guide if ur interested, it's still mostly relevant https://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-with-no-zelda-oot-or-cubic-ninja-mini-guide.402884/ )

were did you buy from i bought from modchipcentral sadly i didn't get the little usb charger thing so im gonna buy one on amazon and hook the 3ds up to a little backup battery i have to deal with any drain it might have

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a DSTwo Plus for Christmas but only started using it this past month. It works fine.

I followed a lot of the drama with the brick scares both here and on the official Supercard forum. I suspect that the brick code in the GW launcher bricks the DSTwo itself (although I have no way to confirm this as I cannot reverse engineer it). There were only two bricked 3DS consoles that I read of, but the Supercard forum is overflowing with people who cannot get their 3DS to read the DSTwo after using the GW launcher.

Since the EOS and GW launcher plugin are completely separate, you can avoid this problem altogether by ignoring the launcher and only copying the EOS files to your SD card. That's what I did and have had no problems at all.
can i ask where you got yours as well i have heard some bad things about modchipcentral and there dstwos but they were the cheapest and really my only option because of that

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine from same place but don't use that fucking USB cord. It melted the charging port of my brand new 3ds

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope it's a excellent name brand charger that I have been using for at least 4 years. After some investigating it is now obvious It's cuz of the no name Chinese charging cord. What exactly about my adapter. Would you think would cause a charging port to disintegrate?

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope it's a excellent name brand charger that I have been using for at least 4 years. After some investigating it is now obvious It's cuz of the no name Chinese charging cord. What exactly about my adapter. Would you think would cause a charging port to disintegrate?

i didn't get a usb charging cord or at least they didn't say its going to come with one i don't thing they include it with the ds two plus so oh well maby i will buy one but some of the lowest shipping time is months so ehh might check a local store or something

ragnamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i ask where you got yours as well i have heard some bad things about modchipcentral and there dstwos but they were the cheapest and really my only option because of that

I got mine from ModchipCentral as well and had no problems. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with ModchipsDirect? I've heard bad things about Direct but only good things about Central. Central even has a user account here if you need help with an order.

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from ModchipCentral as well and had no problems. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with ModchipsDirect? I've heard bad things about Direct but only good things about Central. Central even has a user account here if you need help with an order.
i don't know i thought it was central and frankly there refund rules are shady and confusing but ohh well oh wait i found it

https://gbatemp.net/threads/2-broken-dstwo-pluses-from-modchipcentral.416122/#post-6158109

yeah i guess that was the only negative thing i saw but combine that with them being the cheapest i found and that they have the aforementioned shady rules and it was enough to worry me thanks for the by the way anything you think i should know before i get it? oh can i put action replay like cheats before the game starts or does it only have the after game start code modification thing?

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it arrived does anyone have a tutorial on where to put the games or the plugins i feel like an idiot but i really don't want to mess anything up

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you only want to use in SuperCard mode (to play DS games and Emulators) Theres a whole forum thread on their website dedicated. Just dont use the directions for Gateway plug-in Mode, just follow regular supercard DStwo directions. I think this will show you http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/use.htm
yeah i got the ds stuff working but i cant figure out plugins or how to do cheats and all of the tutorials i find are for the ds two not the dstwo plus

TherealDarknes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...-for-the-supercard-dstwo-check-it-out.850809/

would this packet work so i don't have to worry about emulator set up? oh and how do i download the cheats for it and before somebody answers with free cheat mode i know there is some way to put in specific codes like an action replay

ok found a cheat file yay but im still wondering what are your guys thoughts on that pack?

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for removing his thing anyways would anyone recommend this pack or some other?

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...-for-the-supercard-dstwo-check-it-out.850809/

should i just try it?
Bro, the DStwo and Ds Two plus use all the same plug ins and cheats. It's almost the same cart, and in fact they sold DStwo with DStwo+ labels on them for a short period of time before the official release

would this packet work so i don't have to worry about emulator set up? oh and how do i download the cheats for it and before somebody answers with free cheat mode i know there is some way to put in specific codes like an action replay

ok found a cheat file yay but im still wondering what are your guys thoughts on that pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yea +1