Myztikal_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are my questions, thanks for answering them
smile.gif

- Does DSFTP allow the transfer of files from the computer to the DS and backwards?
- How do you set it up? is therea simpler guide around? (i've read the PDF file and i was so lost, from the beginning couldnt even find the config file)
- What is BFTPConfigurator and is it compulsory?

Thanks

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSFTP lets your DS act as an FTP server, in theory allowing you to connnect to the DS from any FTP client. I was unable to get it to work -- my FTP client would connect but then hang with a message about waiting for the welcome page.

ComBox is another app that contains both an FTP client and server and other useful tools (for example a file browser that can view, move, delete, and rename files). The main downside of ComBox is that it's a little more difficult to set up and use than DSFTP, but it works for me. One difference between the two is that for some reason ComBox uses its own WiFi setup (nearly identical to the native DS WiFi setup), so even if your DS is already set up for WiFi, you'll have to reconfigure it for ComBox. ComBox also has more documentation available.

-Bri

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, DSFTP allows you to transfer files to the ds and computer over wifi. I didnt set up my DSFTP, i just use the settings it gives me. I do not know what BFTP Configurator is. If you want to access the DS, just open up "my computer" and type in ftp:xxx.xxx.x.x. The x's are the ds ip address.

Myztikal_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how would i get passed the "user and password" problem?

I've tried typing ftp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

with the error

"Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed in the folder name correctly and that you have permission to access this folder

Details:
The connection with the server on was reset"

Myztikal_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It still hsan't worked,

It says like connection accepted, then restarts

Do i need 2 unblock the port or sumfin. DSHobro and oter homebrews seem 2 work fine.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Start up the FTP server on the NDS.

Use an FTP client (such as Filezilla) on the PC side to connect to your NDS.

Note that I couldn't get DSFTP to work. Filezilla timed out after saying that it connected but was "waiting for welcome page" or something like that. ComBox worked fine though.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...the ComBox website has a pretty good explanation of all the setup options. The good news is that you can set everything from within the menus of ComBox on the NDS (you don't have to edit any settings files by hand). The bad news is that it's a little more difficult to set up than DSFTP is.

Basically, you have to go into the WiFi settings and set up your WiFi connection (even if you've already set up your NDS for other apps -- it uses its own WiFi setup for some reason). I *think* there may be a command that copies installed WiFi settings, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, it's nearly identical to the standard DS WiFi setup, so you would use the exact same settings.

Then you have to go in and set up your FTP server or client (depending on how you want to do it). The easiest is probably to run the server on the NDS and a client (like Filezilla) on your PC, but you can go the other way too (by running a server like SmallFTP on your PC). Once you've configured the ComCox FTP server, start the server. Then run Filezilla and connect to the server.

-Bri

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stop making all these nonsense topics,just wait for an answer,impatient,keep it up like this and you'll always get an empty topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun