Hacking Questions before buying

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm considering buying an Acekard to replace my POS slot-2 device (G6 lite).

A few questions:
1) Does the Acekard function as a passme/nopass device?
2) Dealextreme seems to have the best price on this. But I've heard shipping is slow. How slow are we talking about?
3) What microSD card is recommended for maximum compatibility?
4) Do any games cause problems? In particular, it's important to me that Bowser's Inside Story play flawlessly.
5) Out of box, what steps would I need to take to get things up and running?
6) Is there any advantage to buying an Acekard 2i (instead of 2) if I don't have a DSi?
7) What is the turnaround time, generally, between a new game being released and new firmware which supports it?

Thanks.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel like typing,but for 7 I can say QUICK! With Akaio anyways. And games run flawlessly,and get Acekard 2i in case you do get DSi one day,not that big of price difference. And any MicroSD will do. Dealextreme takes like 2-5 weeks.. I THINK!!

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For Dsi, this is the best card. This card is also the best if you don't care about real time save. I also live in Canada and dealextreme took 3 weeks to deliver
smile.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. no it doesnt
2.the shipping from deal extreme is extremely slow, ide recommend getting it from one of gbatemp's sponserers
3.Any micro sd will do, the ak gui and firmware is excellent and very fast so it'll work on anything
4.No games cause problems as of now, sometimes it happens to individuals where a game might cause problems but other than that if you have the latest firmware and latest loaders, your all set
5.All you have to do is download the firmware and extract it to the root of your msd(ide recommend akaio) and then if you want, make a folder called "games" and "homebrew" and sort your files like that
6.Basically its the smae thing, only if u have the dsi get the ak2i but since ak1i is cheaper and its the smae thing, ide say get that
7.Usually if a game has Ap protection, hakcers create a patch for the game to make it compatibile and with the awsome compatibility that ak has all the patches work. If the patch doesnt work it, the team wont release a firmware for just one game but it'll wait for other games to be released and then release a new firmware which makes all those games compatible and sometimes adds updates to its functions.

Bottum line ide recommend this card more than any other card. If u dont have a dsi and you could spend money on a flash card then ide recommend the cyclo ds evolution.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anaxs said:
Bottum line ide recommend this card more than any other card. If u dont have a dsi and you could spend money on a flash card then ide recommend the cyclo ds evolution.
What would be the advantages/disadvantages of the cyclo ds over this card?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
odyssy said:

A few questions:
1) Does the Acekard function as a passme/nopass device? If you mean boot up a slot 2 cart then yes
2) Dealextreme seems to have the best price on this. But I've heard shipping is slow. How slow are we talking about? 2 weeks after they ship it which could take a week
3) What microSD card is recommended for maximum compatibility? Any class 6 card really
4) Do any games cause problems? In particular, it's important to me that Bowser's Inside Story play flawlessly. Not sure but I think Norm fixed this already
5) Out of box, what steps would I need to take to get things up and running? Read -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624
6) Is there any advantage to buying an Acekard 2i (instead of 2) if I don't have a DSi? Not really but you never know if you get a dsi
7) What is the turnaround time, generally, between a new game being released and new firmware which supports it? akaio takes a few days max after its release minimum

Thanks.

@anaxs it does work as a passme pretty much every slot 1 now a days do

Zeldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does work as a passme device, you can also install flashme with it, which allows you to boot a slot-2 device without a passme card.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
odyssy said:

A few questions:
1) Does the Acekard function as a passme/nopass device?

You mean like booting from Slot 2? Then yes. Although there's really no need now since you can load games from slot 1 (unless you're wanting to play GBA games with an expansion pack)

2) Dealextreme seems to have the best price on this. But I've heard shipping is slow. How slow are we talking about?

Normally 1 week for me, but some people say it can take longer than that.

3) What microSD card is recommended for maximum compatibility?

Any well known brand (Kingston, SanDisk etc).

4) Do any games cause problems? In particular, it's important to me that Bowser's Inside Story play flawlessly.

No, all games should work perfectly with AKAIO 1.5 and the latest loaders.

5) Out of box, what steps would I need to take to get things up and running?

Read the stickies.

6) Is there any advantage to buying an Acekard 2i (instead of 2) if I don't have a DSi?

No.

7) What is the turnaround time, generally, between a new game being released and new firmware which supports it?

0 seconds, usually.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2