Homebrew Questions about vWii and USB Loader GX

mja7011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! First of all I would like to apologize as I am your average newb when it comes to homebrew. So please feel free to correct me as much as you can.

So, recently a buddy of mine installed Haxchi and mocha onto my Wii U (5.5.1) so I am able to play Wii U games off an external hardrive, in which the Wii U formatted it. Since then everything has been working well and dandy. Now what I would like to do is install vWii homebrew browser onto my Wii U console.

When I load up Haxchi, the Homebrew Browser appears. Is this where I do the Wuphax and Hackmii Installer OR do I need to install the Homebrew browser again (not through Haxchi)? I am thinking I need to install the homebrew browser again on my regular Wii U (when it first loads) because when I try to enter vWii via through Haxchi, I get an error saying that the files are corrupted and I cannot continue. When I open up vWii when I first turn on the Wii U (without starting Haxchi) everything works fine. The reason why I want to install the homebrew browser on my vWii is basically the same reason as everyone else, so I can emulate SNES, PlayStation, Wii and Gamecube games via vWii. The programs I believe I need to install are SNES9xGX, USB Loader GX, and Nintendont. Im not sure what the PlayStation one is? Which one would that be?

Now, in the past when I had a Wii, I actually installed the homebrew channel before and used USB Loader Gx and used the program WBFS Manager to organize all my games. All my Wii games are currently on another HDD of mine. Can I still use these Wii games of mine on my other HDD to play on USB Loader GX on vWii? Like, can I still use WBFS Manager with vWii, or is there another program now? I would like to use my HDD with my Wii games so I would not have to re-download them and lose all my game saves. AND if I can use it, can I transfer a partition onto my HDD that the Wii U has formatted with my Wii U games and Haxchi, OR would I have to use another HDD to play the Wii games via vWii?

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing or doesn't make sense, but everyone's help would be appreciated. I have look at various posts on the forms and there's so much to take in while having so many questions.

Thank you!

please delete this thread , moved to Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders

Last edited by mja7011,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol