Hacking Questions About TTDs Start Up

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make a new start up for the ttds
like is there a way so that i can make the ttds start up like an acekard with the cool calendar and stuff? etc

if so link me to it please!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As much as it pains me to link this...you will need that WAIO repack...or just any WAIO, YSMenu, as well as inilink from this download (http://gbatemp.net/t287581-converting-saves-or-something?view=findpost&p=3575447). Set up ysmenu correctly, then set up WAIO by grabbing the latest WoodRPG/WoodR4 kernel (only the __rpg folder) and the generic WAIO.nds...Then preferably, you should set up Moonshell2 as well, otherwise just have the file directories to the extlink folder (the inilink.nds goes there) and the extlink.dat file. Have the inilink.ini link to your ysmenu.

All this will bring you to having the Acekard interface while using YSMenu as the loader (so you won't be missing anything with your compatibility)...I have absolutely no idea how well this will work because I've never done it, but it should do the basic stuff correctly.

If you weren't looking for just the UI, I definitely wouldn't have replied at all.

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
As much as it pains me to link this...you will need that WAIO repack...or just any WAIO, YSMenu, as well as inilink from this download (http://gbatemp.net/t287581-converting-saves-or-something?view=findpost&p=3575447). Set up ysmenu correctly, then set up WAIO by grabbing the latest WoodRPG/WoodR4 kernel (only the __rpg folder) and the generic WAIO.nds...Then preferably, you should set up Moonshell2 as well, otherwise just have the file directories to the extlink folder (the inilink.nds goes there) and the extlink.dat file. Have the inilink.ini link to your ysmenu.

All this will bring you to having the Acekard interface while using YSMenu as the loader (so you won't be missing anything with your compatibility)...I have absolutely no idea how well this will work because I've never done it, but it should do the basic stuff correctly.

If you weren't looking for just the UI, I definitely wouldn't have replied at all.

ive got it
biggrin.gif
but
instead i have to start up WAio.nds im not sure if im supposed to put those files in because ive followed all of the instructions but when i click on my game below it wont load? why

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
ive got it
biggrin.gif
but
instead i have to start up WAio.nds im not sure if im supposed to put those files in because ive followed all of the instructions but when i click on my game below it wont load? why
Whoops, I forgot something xD. You need to to have a redirect to the inilink. Give me a day or two to refigure out what does what again (I would try to figure it out now, but I've got a test that I need to study for first, so...)

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
NBAPwns13 said:
ive got it
biggrin.gif
but
Whoops, I forgot something xD. You need to to have a redirect to the inilink. Give me a day or two to refigure out what does what again (I would try to figure it out now, but I've got a test that I need to study for first, so...)

Okay
smile.gif
good luck on the test i hope you can make a step by step through for this so that i can understand it more properly for some reason i couldn't fine the extlink.dat file anywhere on the downloads or on the firm ware i got so please reply asap or today
smile.gif

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
NBAPwns13 said:
ive got it
biggrin.gif
but

Hope you reply quickly
biggrin.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, after poking at as many things as I could think of, there is no way this can be done without a certain file (one that shouldn't be redistributed, rpglink.nds). Supposedly that would go in the __rpg folder and the setup would be complete...the only problem is that you have to find it (it may or may not be on the internet still and it isn't the easiest thing to find either).

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Well, after poking at as many things as I could think of, there is no way this can be done without a certain file (one that shouldn't be redistributed, rpglink.nds). Supposedly that would go in the __rpg folder and the setup would be complete...the only problem is that you have to find it (it may or may not be on the internet still and it isn't the easiest thing to find either).

ive got it but it says

Cannot Open /Moonshl2
Accept your fate
Press a to shut down

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you add the placeholder folders or otherwise install Moonshell2? If not, you need to make the placeholder folders. The extlink.dat will be in the moonshl2 folder and the inilink.nds will be in the moonshl2/extlink folder.

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Did you add the placeholder folders or otherwise install Moonshell2? If not, you need to make the placeholder folders. The extlink.dat will be in the moonshl2 folder and the inilink.nds will be in the moonshl2/extlink folder.

Still doesn't work how do i install moonshell2? all i did was follow your instructions downloaded it and put the moonsheel folders into the root of my sd card and put the files into the right coressponding folder

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:

Also do i need this file to make it work? i dont know but its my suggestion

_hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds ? ive tried searching every where for a download but no prevail

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll give the simplest step by step instructions that I did on my microSD that should work about the same for you.
First things first, downloading the right stuff (if you already have these downloaded, then continue on):
-WAIO: Any version really, but if it makes you happy, v1.15 is the latest (that is currently accessible at least)...disregard what any other noobs say, because they don't know shit.
-A Wood Kernel: Easy to find here.
-RGF's TT/YSMenu Updates: Just grab the latest one from here. If you are a knowledgeable YSMenu/TTDS user, this shouldn't be foreign to you.
-Moonshell2: Preferably from here, though filetrip has a slimmed copy (removed some language folders maybe...I never actually get them from filetrip).
-Inilink.nds: Of course from the place I mentioned earlier. [link]
-rpglink.nds: You are on your own to find this one (and don't use the one from CoolKill3r's WAIO repack...I don't even know why he keeps the file in there since it obviously doesn't do anything).

Putting them on your microSD:
-First off, you want to put in the easy stuff, so install moonshell2 by either using the setup.exe that comes with it, or just drag and drop the moonshl2 folder and moonshl2.nds to the root of your microSD. Supposing you don't want to install moonshell2 and want to conserve space, just install moonshell2 first then delete everything except the extlink folder and extlink.dat located in the moonshl2 folder that should be on your microSD.
-Next, grab the inilink.nds and inilink.ini from the download mentioned above and place it inside the extlink folder, located inside the moonshl2 folder that is now on your microSD (delete the original _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds/_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and replace both of them with a renamed copy of the inilink.nds).
-With that set up, you now have the piece that forwards the needed information to ysmenu, so next up is to set up ysmenu with RGF's conveniently packaged updates. For this one, just look into the folder of your flashcart and copy over the TTMenu folder and YSMenu.nds/TTMenu.dat to the root of your microSD. To keep things clean, I generally place the YSMenu.nds/TTMenu.dat in the TTMenu folder if I don't plan on using it as my main kernel. IF you use the ttmenu.dat one, you CAN rename it to YSMenu.nds for convenience, but it really doesn't matter.
-With that out of the way, you now have YSMenu set up and now to set up the main goal of the entire thing, a new Acekard styled UI. Of course, for that you are going to need the Wood kernel (doesn't NEED to be latest, but meh there are always language files...). All you need from there is the __rpg folder, so just drag and drop that to the root of your microSD as well.
-Next up is to put the rpglink.nds in the __rpg folder and grab the generic WAIO.nds from whatever repack you want as well as the globalsettings.ini that came in the repack since this version of the Wood kernel didn't have default settings for if the globalsettings.ini had nothing in it. Be sure to dldi-patch the WAIO.nds to your flashcart's DLDI and in your case, rename it to ttmenu.dat before placing it into the root.
-Now for the final cleanup check. Make sure you change the inilink.ini to reflect where your ysmenu.nds and ysmenu.ini are located and that your globalsettings.ini point to the correct folders for the language and theme.

As an added little bonus, I'll even let you have a slightly modified version of the inilink (Taiju is the one that did the real work, I just changed some values to make it convenient). It doesn't do much, but if you copy two 256x192 bmp images named topload.bmp and bottomload.bmp in the extlink folder with the inilink...well it adds a little more eye candy rather than the dull, but helpful screen that says somewhat useful things if you get the setup wrong...only problem is that I can't do that for the rpglink.nds...for several reasons that don't really need to be voiced.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u5j5sgw3s7y55
I would have provided some images to go along with it as well...but meh, I'm feeling lazy (and I lost the working files that I had of the WoodR4 theme...it's been a while since I made it after all xD).

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Ok, I'll give the simplest step by step instructions that I did on my microSD that should work about the same for you.
First things first, downloading the right stuff (if you already have these downloaded, then continue on):
-WAIO: Any version really, but if it makes you happy, v1.15 is the latest (that is currently accessible at least)...disregard what any other noobs say, because they don't know shit.
-RGF's TT/YSMenu Updates: Just grab the latest one from here. If you are a knowledgeable YSMenu/TTDS user, this shouldn't be foreign to you.
-Moonshell2: Preferably from here, though filetrip has a slimmed copy (removed some language folders maybe...I never actually get them from filetrip).
-rpglink.nds: You are on your own to find this one (and don't use the one from CoolKill3r's WAIO repack...I don't even know why he keeps the file in there since it obviously doesn't do anything).

-First off, you want to put in the easy stuff, so install moonshell2 by either using the setup.exe that comes with it, or just drag and drop the moonshl2 folder and moonshl2.nds to the root of your microSD. Supposing you don't want to install moonshell2 and want to conserve space, just install moonshell2 first then delete everything except the extlink folder and extlink.dat located in the moonshl2 folder that should be on your microSD.
-Next, grab the inilink.nds and inilink.ini from the download mentioned above and place it inside the extlink folder, located inside the moonshl2 folder that is now on your microSD (delete the original _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds/_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and replace both of them with a renamed copy of the inilink.nds).
-With that set up, you now have the piece that forwards the needed information to ysmenu, so next up is to set up ysmenu with RGF's conveniently packaged updates. For this one, just look into the folder of your flashcart and copy over the TTMenu folder and YSMenu.nds/TTMenu.dat to the root of your microSD. To keep things clean, I generally place the YSMenu.nds/TTMenu.dat in the TTMenu folder if I don't plan on using it as my main kernel. IF you use the ttmenu.dat one, you CAN rename it to YSMenu.nds for convenience, but it really doesn't matter.
-With that out of the way, you now have YSMenu set up and now to set up the main goal of the entire thing, a new Acekard styled UI. Of course, for that you are going to need the Wood kernel (doesn't NEED to be latest, but meh there are always language files...). All you need from there is the __rpg folder, so just drag and drop that to the root of your microSD as well.
-Next up is to put the rpglink.nds in the __rpg folder and grab the generic WAIO.nds from whatever repack you want as well as the globalsettings.ini that came in the repack since this version of the Wood kernel didn't have default settings for if the globalsettings.ini had nothing in it. Be sure to dldi-patch the WAIO.nds to your flashcart's DLDI and in your case, rename it to ttmenu.dat before placing it into the root.
-Now for the final cleanup check. Make sure you change the inilink.ini to reflect where your ysmenu.nds and ysmenu.ini are located and that your globalsettings.ini point to the correct folders for the language and theme.

As an added little bonus, I'll even let you have a slightly modified version of the inilink (Taiju is the one that did the real work, I just changed some values to make it convenient). It doesn't do much, but if you copy two 256x192 bmp images named topload.bmp and bottomload.bmp in the extlink folder with the inilink...well it adds a little more eye candy rather than the dull, but helpful screen that says somewhat useful things if you get the setup wrong...only problem is that I can't do that for the rpglink.nds...for several reasons that don't really need to be voiced.
I would have provided some images to go along with it as well...but meh, I'm feeling lazy (and I lost the working files that I had of the WoodR4 theme...it's been a while since I made it after all xD).

im trying to get moonshell but its in jap :S what do i download?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Um...you get it from any of the links that say Moonshell...?
"MoonShell version 2.10 stable (EXE) (38.4MB) MD5
MoonShell version 2.10 stable (ZIP) (64.7MB) MD5
moonshell210childzwai.exe (39.9MB) Ver 2.10 for child zwai"

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Um...you get it from any of the links that say Moonshell...?
"MoonShell version 2.10 stable (EXE) (38.4MB) MD5
MoonShell version 2.10 stable (ZIP) (64.7MB) MD5
moonshell210childzwai.exe (39.9MB) Ver 2.10 for child zwai"

yes but which one?

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
jurassicplayer said:

im trying to get moonshell but its in jap :S what do i download?

ok nvm about that ive got my concern is about te _huge loader thing.. do i delete both files? or do i rename them inilink.nds? :S

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
jurassicplayer said:
delete the original _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds/_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and replace both of them with a renamed copy of the inilink.nds
ok nvm about that ive got my concern is about te _huge loader thing.. do i delete both files? or do i rename them inilink.nds? :S
Yeah, you delete both files and then rename the inilink.nds to take the place of both files.

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
NBAPwns13 said:
jurassicplayer said:
delete the original _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds/_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and replace both of them with a renamed copy of the inilink.nds
Yeah, you delete both files and then rename the inilink.nds to take the place of both files.

so i put 2 inilink.nds but with 2 different names? which is the _huge thing and the other one correct?

NBAPwns13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
jurassicplayer said:
NBAPwns13 said:
jurassicplayer said:

so i put 2 inilink.nds but with 2 different names? which is the _huge thing and the other one correct?

so basically 3 inilink.nds

With the names

inilink.nds
_hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds
_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds

?? sorry for annoying you
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.