Questions about the N3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GibFTW, Nov 20, 2016.

1. GibFTW
    OP

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Alright, so I am considering buying a New 3DS XL, but first I have some questions.
    Alright so I am getting a copy of Cubic Ninja so I can use homebrew on v11.2, however, can I install CIA files on this version using FBI? For example, can I get a CIA file of Cubic Ninja, and install that so I don't need the cartridge? And most importantly, can I use NTR. I need to be able to use NTR so I can screen record my 3DS. If I can't do it on that firmware, are there any downgrading options? I have a second 3DS (OLD 3DS) that I am pretty sure is still on v4.3, can I homebrew that to use DSIWare to downgrade the New 3DS XL? Or will I need to resort to hardmodding? Also if I hardmod, does anybody have a good tutorial on how to do so? Or know anybody on ebay I can buy a prehardmodded 3ds from.

2. FrankenMan

FrankenMan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    Trapped in your bootrom
    You need CFW to install cia files and use NTR. Follow the steps on this guide to get cfw (note you will need a homebrew entrypoint already) https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

3. GibFTW
    OP

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Alright so that will require a hardmod, now I am at the question of how to hardmod, for newbies of course and in a WELL detailed fashion, I would like a link to a thread.

4. FrankenMan

FrankenMan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    Trapped in your bootrom