Hardware Questions about the EZ flash 3-in-1

Omega4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am thinking about buying a EZflash 3-in-1

but i just need some questions answering before i order it.

1. Does the rumble funtion have to be on (i heard it can break the DS if on too load obviously)

2. i heard they dont last long after a while the 3in1 starts to act up.

3. I heard the battery doesnt last long (how long does it last)

4. Even though it can only play one GBA game can i have others in my slot 1 cart

5. I am using R4Wood with the R4 original i heard with that u dont need GBA EXPloader is this correct

If i do buy it

1. How long will it take to get to the UK

thanks

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. Does the rumble funtion have to be on (i heard it can break the DS if on too load obviously)
Nope. Using either YSmenu or WoodR4, you can turn rumble on and off, for each specific game. Also, even with it turned on in your firmware, you can choose rumble on/off in the games' Options menu most of the time.

QUOTE said:
2. i heard they dont last long after a while the 3in1 starts to act up.
Well, I don't know too much about them, but personally, my 3in1+ worked fine for about a year after buying it, and then it started to not save. I changed the battery using the guide somewhere on gbatemp, and it worked again, but I think I might have screwed something up because it's started to die on me again.

QUOTE said:
3. I heard the battery doesnt last long (how long does it last) (is it better to get the 3-in-1 +
Really depends on how long it's been sitting on your shop's shelf, I guess. And these days you can only get the 3in1+, the other two versions are discontinued to my knowledge.

QUOTE4. Even though it can only play one GBA game can i have others in my slot 1 cart
I'm not quite sure what you mean. At any given point in time you can have two GBA games on your 3in1, one written to NOR, which is permanent memory, and one written to RAM, the temporary memory that deletes itself when the DS is turned off. A game written to NOR acts like a real GBA cart, and you can have a game written to NOR while simulaneously playing other GBA games written to RAM.
It does not affect DS games on your R4 at all, if that's what you mean.

5. I am using R4Wood with the R4 original i heard with that u dont need GBA EXPloader is this correct
This depends on your 3in1. WoodR4 does not natively support the 3in1+, although the rumble function works. It does, however, natively support the 3in1. If you're buying a new one, you're ~98% likely to get a 3in1+. This means you have a few options.

1. Use YSmenu, which works natively with 3in1+.
2. Head here, but notice that it's only a test patch. It's unnofficial.
3. Use GBAEXPloader.

As for shipping time, that depends on the shop you buy it from. Here's a link to it on shoptemp.

If you're still confused, ask further(or search =P). Hope this helps.

Omega4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK thanks

i will be ordering from ShopTemp

but i heard the EZ flash 3in1+ has now being renamed 3in1 is this what u ment when u said i was 98% likely to get a 3in1+ when i order a 3in1
has any 1 ordered from shoptemp if so which one did u get

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, all the 3in1+ are called 3in1, since all the other versions are discontinued. But you might get a dodgy seller with really really old stock, hence the 2% chance
nyanya.gif

As for shoptemp, I'm pretty sure it'll be a 3in1+ given its reputation as a shop, but I agree that you should check with someone who's bought it from there. However, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a + because the only difference between the 3in1 and the 3in1+ is that the 3in1 plus has 512mbit of NOR memory, which is twice as much at the old model. If you look on shoptemp under the features tab, it has 512mbit memory listed.

Omega4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks then i think i know were i can get one

thanks for your help

Does any one know were i can get a tutorial of how to back up Retail cart .savs with rudolphs slot 2 backup tool

also can some one tell me the latest update for this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wife's doctor prescribed her a ointment for kne pain