Gaming Questions about PSN Store

Drackos_flare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to get a PS3, and I have a bit of Questions about the PSN Store.
Me, My Brother, and my Sister are all gonna' have our own Accounts on the PS3, and I want to get Terraria and Castle Crashers. If I buy Castle Crashers, does my Brother and Sister get the Game as well? If not, Can we still play Multiplayer on it even if they don't "Own" the game?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the accounts are on the same PS3 then every account can play the games regardless who purchases it
I believe terraria has local split screen as well

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Along with the above, you can also use "Game-sharing" (letting someone trustworthy access your account to download a game, allowing them to play it on their own PS3 with their own account without needing to buy it) which is handy for friends who want to play the same games with each other online.

Guest0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yep, games installed on PS3 can be played by all accounts even if the accounts are from different PSN eg US, Europe, Asia. I have 3 accounts on my ps3, each representing US, Europe (UK) and Asia (Malaysia). This is useful because I buy games from region 1, 2 and 3 and although ps3 games are region-free--their DLCs are usually not.

By the way, I think you should get a UK PSN ID and gift cards (I buy from offgamers.com. It's legit and the cheapest I can get digitally) because UK has the best sale hands-down compared to US...for the time being :-D depending on seasons and events, you can grab many old games dirt cheap. Also, PSN UK is more on games and less on media entertainment. I find the movies section in PSN US a distraction.

dsdork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my question is the same basic topic...

I have two unmodded PS3s and want to play PSN purchased minecraft on both in a shared game. I was able to get it installed on both systems but when my son uses his PSN account to play, minecraft is only the demo. When we sign in on my account, it will not allow us to join a game with the same PSN user. My Son's account is a unique PSN account.

Should I:
  • try the Game-sharing
  • check my setup because what I described should work
  • make a new account for my son that is a sub account of mine (just saw this poking around PSN) so he hace access the purchased version of minecraft under my account
  • get my own damn thread becuse this topic is different enough
Thanks!

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my question is the same basic topic...

I have two unmodded PS3s and want to play PSN purchased minecraft on both in a shared game. I was able to get it installed on both systems but when my son uses his PSN account to play, minecraft is only the demo. When we sign in on my account, it will not allow us to join a game with the same PSN user. My Son's account is a unique PSN account.

Should I:
  • try the Game-sharing
  • check my setup because what I described should work
  • make a new account for my son that is a sub account of mine (just saw this poking around PSN) so he hace access the purchased version of minecraft under my account
  • get my own damn thread becuse this topic is different enough
Thanks!
All you have to do is make a new "user" on his ps3 (go all the way to the left and create new user), and sign into your account (the one that has purchased minecraft), and download minecraft using that account. Then you can sign out of your user slot and sign into your son's and he can play with you using his own account. Just be sure to keep your "user" on his PS3, if its removed then the license for the game is removed from the console as well and it will return to being a demo.

So basically, the game-sharing option is for you. :)

edit: Also be sure to download the key or "unlock" for minecraft or else it will still just be the demo for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-