Questions about playing ISOs after using ModMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Darkcloak, Sep 10, 2011.

Sep 10, 2011
  1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    My Wii was at ver 4.3U and I followed ModMii's instructions according to my version, then I used letterbomb to launch HackMii, installed the HBC all the WADs that ModMii specified. Out of all the WADs packeged with ModMii's download I installed the ones specified in the custom generated guide (which was all of them except for ios38 IIRC) Everything was installed correctly I went into system hacks and enabled everything the guide said infact... here's the guide:

Guide

I stopped after step 7, I then tried to burn my Animal crossing ISO which was split into 2 .rar files. I hilighted both and extracted them into one uncompressed file. the file inside was about 4.35gb and an ISO so it looked good. Next I burned it to a DVD-R and popped it into the Wii. It wasn't recognized by the disc channel and the packeged USB loader channel didn't look like it could help. I think I'm missing a step/channel to read DVD's. Can anyone htell me what I'm missing?

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Your Wii most likely has a D3-2 chipset, its DVD drive cannot play backup discs of any kind.
    However, use wii backup manager, use a USB drive, and you can play that ISO from the usb.
    Format your drive to FAT32 for best compatibility....

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    just follow the rest of your guide (from step 8) to help u set up a usb-loader

4. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    Is there anyway to check if my Wii can read DVD's or not? I just want to be sure before I go buy a $30 16gb flash drive.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    burn a backup dvd and try... but trust me, backup discs suck in comparison to usb loaders anyways, so i think u'd prefer getting a flash drive anyways

6. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Dude, that's a lot of money for only 16 GB. Not a wise choice IMHO.

Better get a 1TB external HDD. They go for about 50~60 bucks. Huge space for games etc.

7. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    I followed the final steps, formated my brand new 16gb USB drive to FAT32, used Wii Backup Manager to put my Animal Crossing ISO and SSBB ISO onto my USB drive. Then I plugged my SD back into my comp and relaunched ModMii. I used the USB config option that messed with my WAD files and also added wiiflo to my SD's channels.

Since CFG USB launcher failed about 20 times I tried WiiFlo. It just had the Wiiflo logo and a loading bar, that lasted for about 10 minutes with no results. I'm not sure what I'm missing, my only guess is some WAD files?

8. ddetkowski

United States
    did you = Format your drive to FAT32? the entire drive?
    use fat32 gui formatter?

9. 1ronlung

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When you plug usb drive into pc what files do you see ?

10. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    I formated the whole drive using FAT32 GUI formater. I plug the drive into my PC and the only file in the root directory is wbfs. I open the wbfs file to find these files inside

Animal Crossing Wii [0UUE01]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]

disc.info

inside the Animal Crossing file-

0UUE01.wbfs

inside the Super Smash Brothers Brawl file-

RSBE01.wbf1

RSBE01.wbfs

11. ddetkowski

United States
    your drive seems ok.
    If your still not getting anywhere, I would re-hack with Modmii, saying its a virgin, because by default, i think modmii installs a usb channel that will launch any USB loader app.
    take your SD card and delete everything from it, let modmii DL all files for you again, copy them to your blank SD card, and follow the self-generated guide.
    and ONLY USE MODMII FROM MY SIG, thats xflaks, no one elses......

Wait! did you do this for usb loading?
    8) COPY FILES TO HARD DRIVE
    ========================

Copy everything inside the COPY_TO_USB folder to the root of your FAT32 hard-drive\partition.

you dont have those files in your USB root

12. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    Could someone please tell me what those files are supposed to be? I did what ddetkowski said and it still wont read files from my USB. I installed neogamma using ModMii and it read my Animal Crossing DVD. So the good news is I can play backedup Wii games and the bad news is anything bigger than 4.5gb can't be burned onto a DVD-R...like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I can't figure out what I'm missing to get my Wii to read my USB drive. I went into ModMii and used the USB loader setup option and it still wont work. I also have a new question how do I add the channels on my SD card, WiiFlo, NeoGamma, JoyFlo, etc. to my Wii's main screen?

13. ddetkowski

United States
    to install a channel onto your wii's menu, you need a .wad of that particuliar loader.
    So, if you want WiiFlow, you'll need to find / DL a "WiiFlow3.4.wad" or a "CFG USB loader v70.wad"
    and install with Multi Mod Manager, or any wad manager/installer, older ones may not work.
    If you are still having problems, xflak is more than happy to answer stumping questions and problems,
    he's THE creator.

14. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use dual layer dvds for dl games like super smash brothers. Good news is there are only a few dual layer wii games. Of course usb loading is still a better choice.

15. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the all the replies. I spent $20 on this 16gb flash drive I'd really like to get it working.

16. drhacknslash

Newcomer drhacknslash Advanced Member

United States
    CFG Usb Loader (and maybe other loaders) require the flash drive to be plugged into the usb slot closest to the side of the Wii. Also be sure cIOS d2x v6 base 56 is installed, and that CFG v70 is running on it and not any other cIOS. Can also try an actual USB HD instead of a flash drive. I had a friend whose flash drive would only run under certain versions of CFG USB loader.

17. Darkcloak
    OP

United States
    I have a PNY 16gb USB Flash, So after I install the cIOS d2x v6 wad. Then I make sure the CFG Ver i'm using is v70?

18. drhacknslash

Newcomer drhacknslash Advanced Member

United States
    check version is CFG USB Loader v70 running on cIOS d2x v6 [56] and check that the drive is plugged into the proper usb slot on the Wii. Also the mini PNY 16 gb flash drive is reported as not working with the Wii.