questions about Downgrading 10.3 to 9.0/9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nedron92, Feb 18, 2016.

1. nedron92
    OP

nedron92 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    Germany
    He ^^,
    I have some questions about the downgrading with (save)sysupdater.
    My situation is..in our family we have three 3DS (yeah Xd), two of them are 9.0/9.2 and the third had 10.3 sysnand. We also have two gateways and a sky3ds for the systems. (emunand/rxtools3.0 and much other stuff are perfectly on the both 9.x systems). So we want now downgrading the 10.3 3DS, cause of CFW and such stuff.
    So, the real quetion is, if we will got a soft-brick what can we do? There is the recovery-mode, yes...but we dont risk to update then to 10.5 /:
    It is possible to set a DNS before (maybe to my vserver DNS), that redirects the connections...how ever...that the recovery-mode should download 10.3 instead of 10.5?
    Or is the better option to wait until the gateway will bring the 10.3 (this year)?

2. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    as far as i am aware you cant redirect it trough a dns, if the softbrick results into a frankenfirmware you can still recover it with sysupdater. but if the device doesnt boot at all, you are stuck with recovering it to 10.5. if thats the case you can still get it hardmodded to downgrade again

3. LunaLogic

LunaLogic Gimme DLDI please.

Jan 21, 2016
    Switzerland
    Under the Great Firewall
    Hardmod backup SysNAND is always a safe-lock when downgrading.
    There's no security-check-bypass or something like this now, so the answer to "DNS" is NO, at least NOT NOW.
    If you are not in a rush, maybe waiting is a safer choice. But anyway, as long as you follow the guide strictly, normally you won't get HARD-bricked.

4. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
  5. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
  6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Thank you! Finally. They should rename safesysupdater.

Last edited by Giodude, Feb 18, 2016
    KytuzuEX likes this.
  7. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    rename it to unsafesysupdater. best fit.

8. nedron92
    OP

nedron92 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    Germany
    Kay^^, thanks for the answers.
    We will now wait, until GW launches the 10.3 Support - the best option without doing anything wrong xD